REKKR - V1.16

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
osjclatchford

Re: [Released] REKKR - An Ultimate Doom Total Conversion

Post by osjclatchford »

Revae wrote:
Korell wrote:How does this mod prevent free mouselook and force on the vertical autoaiming to compensate?
In the MAPINFO. nojump, nocrouch, nofreelook. You should be able to change it in the gameplay settings though

Thnx for reporting bugs, fellas.
I'm using zdoom 2.8.1 and resetting it in the menu does squat. You actually have to alter the MapInfo itself if, like me, you feel you have to ruin the whole point of the mod (pure 90's nostalgia and all that) and use freelook. Don't get me wrong I adore 90's nostalgia, I just like freelook more ;)
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Well, to be honest, removing the nofreelook was the first thing I did befire playing this. Nostalgia or not, locked view is just no-no for me.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

ramon.dexter wrote:Well, to be honest, removing the nofreelook was the first thing I did befire playing this. Nostalgia or not, locked view is just no-no for me.
Same to me unfortunately, I found that kinda annoying.
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

I also re enabled mouselook.REKKR has great art style, and it would be the shame if i dont look around admiring the graphics.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I am enjoying this masterpiece in Coop on and off, without any changes so as Vanilla possible experience (Zandronum obviously).
What would have been great is if this project would have turned into an IWAD, I am sure this will be possible in the future (with also a request for sourceports devs).
While a couple of obituaries and tag names needs to be included (I got the first official released version online, so idk if recent changes have been done even on these things), this TC deserve a Cacoward and you should also think to take in consideration, in the nearly future, to work on Blasphemer, because the sheer of detail seen in this work is professional and some stuff seems also to fit on Heretic / Hexen (and obviously inspired - see leaves).
Love the mix between Heimdall (the amiga game), CRPG games, Heretic / Hexen and original concepts, great job!
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Post by Pixel Eater »

I'm gonna play it through without mouselook for the first go. I would find it humorous if it could be unlocked as an endgame achievement though :lol:
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

ramon.dexter wrote: Nostalgia or not, locked view is just no-no for me.
Same here. This is one of those options I cannot accept when playing a mod. I normally have autoaim fully disabled and completely rely on my own mouse aiming skills so playing without freelook is an utterly awkward experience.
Revae

Post by Revae »

osjclatchford wrote: I'm using zdoom 2.8.1 and resetting it in the menu does squat.
Huh. I've never had any problem changing it. I'll look into it I suppose. If I can't make it optional I'll just remove that from the mapinfo lump then I guess.
RedoLane

Post by RedoLane »

While I do love how everything feels original, I agree with the others above me that disabling freelook is unacceptable for a TC nowadays. It would be different if you could disable freelook optionally, which is not the case here.
I appreciate your desire to bring a nostalgic experience here, and it's understandable, but it became common sense to use freelook on GZDoom-compatible TCs and maps("jump" is another case), and this TC is lacking that.
It's a real shame, but you know, that's my opinion.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Found a HOM on E3M5
Gez

Post by Gez »

The title screen and menu remind me of Black Crypt/Shadowcaster-era Raven Software (even the Mockingbird logo seems like it's mocking another bird logo), the graphic style for the enemies remind me of Hacx (except fantasy instead of cyberpunk, obviously), and the textures remind me more of Strife.

Please update the tag strings. When cycling weapons, if "show weapon names" is on, you'll see the Doom names (pistol, etc.) instead of names more appropriate.

If you worry about compatibility, the MAPINFO lump should be named ZMAPINFO, since it uses the new syntax.
Sparktimus

Post by Sparktimus »

This is fucking amazing. 2018 has been and continues to be an absolutely phenomenal year for mods and TCs.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

I'm loving this so far. If this was released way back when it would've been a great success! Very polished and feels like its own game too. I actually like that mouselook is disabled. I tend to play either keyboard only or controller these days. Playing this game with keyboard is pretty OG. :P

PS: I agree that this should be its own iwad, though. Making it an iwad and putting out a resource pack would be nice. It'd be great to see what the community could come up with. :)

Great job. :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

E1M4: it doesn't seem possible to reach the three grotesques and six armor shards that are in a small round room off the side of the red-keyed corridor. Looking in a map editor, sector 125 (which would be the door to it) doesn't have a tag or any associated action.

Also, in the same map, sector 110 is marked as secret but impossible to trigger without noclipping.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Hipnotic Rogue wrote: PS: I agree that this should be its own iwad, though. Making it an iwad and putting out a resource pack would be nice. It'd be great to see what the community could come up with. :)
I second this bigtime

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”