Hearts of Demons - BARON [1.1.0] 7/29/22

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
person

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 11] 4/23/18 One Punch Bar

Post by person »

I cant see my hud :(
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

Have you done all the things in the OP?

Spoiler under Icarus' video.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Little preview of one of the many MANY things coming next update.
It's not complete yet, but if you garner yourself a risk taker, you can check it our right now in the WIP branch of the repo.
fire238

Post by fire238 »

Brohnesorge wrote:Little preview of one of the many MANY things coming next update.
It's not complete yet, but if you garner yourself a risk taker, you can check it our right now in the WIP branch of the repo.
Looking V E R Y nice! You have my attention!
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

But wait, there's more! (Mind the music. I can't breathe without music, lol)
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Love the magic boosts that are coming soon, especially the meteor strike! Any weaponry changes planned?
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Function wise, there are a bunch of little tweaks, the Belial alt-fire will be updated and the Type 99 will gain siege mode as an alt-fire.
Sprite wise, all the guns other than Belial are going to get updated sprites.

There is also a melee weapon planned, but that's gonna wait until after release version 1.0.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Brohnesorge wrote:Function wise, there are a bunch of little tweaks, the Belial alt-fire will be updated and the Type 99 will gain siege mode as an alt-fire.
Sprite wise, all the guns other than Belial are going to get updated sprites.

There is also a melee weapon planned, but that's gonna wait until after release version 1.0.
Cool, that's great news, the Type 99 is great but lacks variety, and yeah, the Belial flak grenade often deals unpredictable damage, so that needs a boost. The Type 99 and the Azazel's Homing Micro Missiles are my usual go-to weapons in slaughtery wads. I look forwards to these boosts, especially siege fire.

It's good that the spells are also getting some love, though, since in my experience in this version, its nearly always WAY better to rock enchanted weapons than to use the spells. Especially considering the crazy awesome power boost the Type 99 gets and how the enchanted rocket launcher with the seeking flames can often be fired a few times into a crowded room and slay the lot for you. Even deploying the spells with the Azazel is often better than using them by hand, unless you need the meteor strike or summons.

Is level 33 magic actually possible, though? Most I've got to is Level 8.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Interesting that you say that, as I personally find the spells to be better than guns once you find a Boost Rune. Though the Enchanted Moloch is a huge outlier and I am planning to make some changes to how it's enchanted fire works, cause yeah, it's a little TOO good right now. Probably will increase the speed that the flames travel, but make it so they can't fly. That way it's still crazy good at clearing rooms, which is 100% intended, but it won't be able to deal with flying enemies super effectively. The Enchantments tend to be on the expensive side in terms of Mana cost as well. Especially with the Azazel.

Really, though, everything is very effective at inflicting the kill to your enemies, so it's all comes down to taste in all but the most dire of circumstances.

As for the max gems...well, there is no max. So 33 is very possible. My personal record is with Dark Tartarus and Colorful Hell, in which I had 118 by map 05. They stop making your spells cheaper after 5, but they never stop increasing your total Mana.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Brohnesorge wrote:Interesting that you say that, as I personally find the spells to be better than guns once you find a Boost Rune. Though the Enchanted Moloch is a huge outlier and I am planning to make some changes to how it's enchanted fire works, cause yeah, it's a little TOO good right now. Probably will increase the speed that the flames travel, but make it so they can't fly. That way it's still crazy good at clearing rooms, which is 100% intended, but it won't be able to deal with flying enemies super effectively. The Enchantments tend to be on the expensive side in terms of Mana cost as well. Especially with the Azazel.

Really, though, everything is very effective at inflicting the kill to your enemies, so it's all comes down to taste in all but the most dire of circumstances.

As for the max gems...well, there is no max. So 33 is very possible. My personal record is with Dark Tartarus and Colorful Hell, in which I had 118 by map 05. They stop making your spells cheaper after 5, but they never stop increasing your total Mana.
Hmm, maybe I missed it, but I don't recall ever finding a Boost Rune. My last playthrough was with Zone300, and there were loads of Enchantment Runes (not sure if they do anything past the first though). So maybe I've not yet seen their full potential, who knows?

However, when I realised the type 99 speeds up when you hold down the trigger (I nearly always click and release rapidly on rapid-fire weapons to fire in short bursts, as that's the most effective way to use the Classic chaingun and the Argent HAR) I fell in love with it. With the enchantment damage you can vaporise a Cyberdemon or Arch-Vile in seconds whilst keeping it mostly locked in pain state as well.

But yeah, ultimately, its all about different flavours of overkill. XD
Rashka00

Post by Rashka00 »

Hello,

I've got an issue, I've downloaded the mod using this site and the game works fine only that HUD doesn't show. I'm using GZDoom on ZDL and Huds appear on other mod but not this one, I've tried "-" and "+" with no results. Can you advise me please, I'd be grateful.

Cheers.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

First, make sure you have Alternative HUD set to OFF
Then, make sure that, under Display Options, you have Screen Size set to 11.
Finally, under HUD Options->Scaling Options, you can mess with the HUD size with the User Interface Scale option.

Also make sure your GZDoom is up to date, just to be safe.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Hey.

I'm not dead surprisingly. Neither is the mod. And I have actually been working on shit this whole time too. Still hard to say when the next version will be ready to go, but it's gonna be sooner rather than later. Anyway, check out this vid, and a coming follow up vid, for a preview of what is coming in the next version of the mod.

But just in case you don't want to watch a 40 minute vid, here are the highlights
Spoiler: Coming Soon
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

What soundfont is that?

Also sweet looking update.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Its actually not a soundfont, it is Shane's excellent HQ music mod. Highly recommend.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”