Supreme Invasion - Universal! v7 (11/09/2021) (Optimized!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
killbotvii

Re: Supreme Invasion - Universal!

Post by killbotvii »

This is weirdly incompatible with Doom RPG SE(the new maintained version by Sumwunn). I say weirdly in it that it works, it will spawn the monsters, but you can't damage them. No reaction to shooting them whatsoever.
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Supreme Invasion - Universal! v2

Post by TDRR »

xX_Shameless_Bump_Xx

Version 2 released! I added Doom Rougelike compatibility and autosave, and converted all sounds to OGG, so that shaved a lot of size out of the mod!

EDIT: Got ninja'd because i didn't reload the page, anyways, i will try to fix that. (EDIT2: I can't find that mod, can you send me a link?)
ErrantMasa
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ErrantMasa »

Very interesting mod-- just a couple major issues and a small wishlist:

1) Make ammo regen and backpack start toggleable options
2) Make autokill timer/thresholds adjustable/toggleable options
3) Item spawn randomization/toggle
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

The ammo regeneration is already toggleable, just bind the invasion menu key in the key configuration menu (or type "invasionmenu" in the console) and set Ammo regeneration to 0.

I can make the autokill timer adjustable, but i don't know how to make the monster threshold adjustable. (anyone can help with this?)

Item spawn randomization/toggle? Do you mean monster mapspots or weapons/ammo? I'm not sure what you mean.
ErrantMasa

Post by ErrantMasa »

re: item spawn-- What I meant was an option to turn on/off the items normally spawned on the map (meaning you'll have to scrounge everything off slain monsters); sort of a balance for mods with monsters that drop bundles of ammo/items
TDRR

Re: Supreme Invasion - Universal! v3

Post by TDRR »

Shameless Bump

Version 3 released!

Added Project Brutality 2.03 compatibility (If Project Brutality isn't loaded you will get a bunch of harmless errors)
Added all the options ErrantMasa suggested (Monster threshold, Time until monster slaughtering and remove ammo and weapons pre-placed in the map) and added a key to spawn all 4 ammo types in front of you, as a more compatible alternative to the ammo regeneration which broke a few mods.

Remember, type "InvasionMenu" in the console or bind the keys i set at the key configuration menu

NOTE: The bug with Doom RPG SE (Whatever that is) appears to be related to the bug with Doom RLA, which was already fixed, why don't you try again, killbotvii?
ErrantMasa

Post by ErrantMasa »

Download link still leads to v2, please fix!
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

i is berry stoopid

Fixed, now the link leads to v3 like it should.
ErrantMasa

Post by ErrantMasa »

Excellent. tried it out, and everything works better!

Primary issue for v3 --- adjust Invasion Menu slider min/max to more reasonable values

I suggest:
no. waves: 1 min/~20 max
Ammo regen 0 (off)min/300 or 600s max
Monster Threshold: 1 min/~30-50 max
Autokill timer 0 (off)min/180-300s max (timer min currently 5s though description states it can be set to 0/off; also, turning off timer should also disable monster threshold)
Keldian

Post by Keldian »

20 waves is too much.
At 20 wave there will be 2^(20-1)=524288 times more monsters than on the first wave.
ErrantMasa

Post by ErrantMasa »

is that how successive waves work?

1 min/6 max, then.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

ErrantMasa wrote:Excellent. tried it out, and everything works better!

Primary issue for v3 --- adjust Invasion Menu slider min/max to more reasonable values

I suggest:
no. waves: 1 min/~20 max
Ammo regen 0 (off)min/300 or 600s max
Monster Threshold: 1 min/~30-50 max
Autokill timer 0 (off)min/180-300s max (timer min currently 5s though description states it can be set to 0/off; also, turning off timer should also disable monster threshold)
Well, i forgot to update the autokill timer description, it's actually monster threshold that when set to zero it will never autokill (logically the number of monsters can't go under zero) and the number of waves will be 20 max (even if it's extreme, who knows, maybe one day a computer will come out that can handle that amount of actors) the rest will be set to what you said, althrough monster threshold will be 200 max.

And yes, it's necessary to add 5 seconds to the auto kill timer because going any lower would cause bugs.

By the way, a new feature for V4, is the ability to disable boss monsters! (Cyberdemon, Spiderdemon and Archvile just because i don't like archviles) this should make mods like Project Brutality, Mod oh Fun and the like much less harder.
Keldian

Post by Keldian »

TDRR wrote:who knows, maybe one day a computer will come out that can handle that amount of actors
Only if our entire planet will be turned into a supercomputer.
(And then someone will try to play this mod with mk-champions.)
ErrantMasa

Post by ErrantMasa »

TDRR wrote: Well, i forgot to update the autokill timer description, it's actually monster threshold that when set to zero it will never autokill (logically the number of monsters can't go under zero) and the number of waves will be 20 max (even if it's extreme, who knows, maybe one day a computer will come out that can handle that amount of actors) the rest will be set to what you said, althrough monster threshold will be 200 max.

And yes, it's necessary to add 5 seconds to the auto kill timer because going any lower would cause bugs.
cool. I will be waiting!
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Well, it depends, if it's a map with 1 zombieman then it could be """playable""" (read: barely playable) i guess i will leave it at 10, 6000 or so actors are still fairly playable.

Some guy at the Zandronum forums made this mod (link) 1 year ago, and while it looks very good, it is only compatible with a few select mods and even then requires compatibility patches.

That is exactly what i want to avoid with this WAD, if it's possible to make all the mods work for this without externalizing that compatibility to other WAD files then so be it, that's why i put the PB fix into the WAD itself even if it causes a lot of errors related to missing actors, just because it's simpler and you don't need to fiddle around with the load order (even if you were to load SInvasion before any mod it will still work).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”