GZDbuilder: Light Intensity help

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Indecom

GZDbuilder: Light Intensity help

Post by Indecom »

I'm not sure where to really post this so i'll post it here since I'm trying to light a level. I'm not sure which setting I need to play with, but in setting up my dynamic lights, it appears as though the attenuated light's intensity parameter only affects the falloff distance of the lights, the "size" of the light so to speak. How can I increase the light's brightness? I'm trying to add a light to the end of a long corridor, a light so bright that it whitens out the area near it, as you can see in the reference image I've linked below:

https://forum.unity.com/attachments/lig ... jpg.122273

Is this a thing that GZD can do? If not, why? This is a staple effect in the game development community that I'm just not wrapping my head around.
Gorman Frebmane

Re: GZDbuilder: Light Intensity help

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

So far there isnt a feature so i recommend adding another dynamic light in the dynamic light to make it brighter.
Indecom

Re: GZDbuilder: Light Intensity help

Post by Indecom »

Thanks Gorman, that's essentially what I've been doing so far. I'll see if there's anything that I can do about that in the gzd shaders.

Return to “Mapping”