Blood Rebirth - RELEASE (Kinda)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SAmik37
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Blood Rebirth - RELEASE (Kinda)

Post by SAmik37 »

!!!README!!!:
Well, we officialy release a first version of Blood Rebirth (Re-Blood). Also we need a good mapper, really good mapper. Almost all content (Weapons, monsters, items, etc) is ready, we only need maps. Lots of maps. So free to suggest your help in our new topic, go there if you interested or if you want to download lastest version of Blood Rebirth (Re-Blood). Link to new topic: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=64783

NOTE: All infromation below is outdated!!
And thanks for all your support! See you in new topic.. :)

Well, hello again! We are back to life, and bring lots of new content to show up! So, check it out changelog, screenshots, video section to see all new goodies! Hope you like it, and have a nice day! :)

Hi there!.. Today i want introduce to you our project called "Blood Rebirth"!
Check out changelog section for new updates! (Last Update: 12.05.2018)

General:
Blood Rebirth that a expanded version of original Blood. Which includes remakes of original maps, new weapons, new enemies, more blood and lots of other new futures! But project still in super early stages of development. So, don't be so excited about that project and keep in mind that only two of us, me and my friend working on that project. And we have own problems like study and other stuff. Please be patience, we try to do our best. We plan to make a separate game on GZDoom engine, so you don't need "doom2.wad" or other kind of IWAD's to launch it. You just can use Blood Rebirth as IWAD. Also we want to make NEW maps based on original maps. We want to expand them, add new areas, new secrets, more enemies. What you already can see on screenshots and video below. Also we think about to make own maps, that not included in original game. But this is still in question. About weapons, we are going add to all weapons reload system so they can fells a more realistic. Add new weapons, like revolver what you also can see on the screenshots and video below. New enemies, but i will not tell what enemies. Let's leave it a secret, for now. We also want to remove that "Episodes system", and make full game from start to the end. But there is still choose when you start a game, which episode to play like in original. But you can just start from first episode and play through all campaign without the need to choose another episode.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Video:
Spoiler:
So, what a release date?.. We still have lot's of work to do. But we think about to make demo when we finish first episode. So, you can play through the first episode. Right now we have only 4 maps, 2 playable and 2 work in progress state. That 2 playable maps are first map and final map of first episode. So, we have start and end of first episode. Still have to make maps between this 2 maps. Hope you like it! And please, be patience and don't spam like "Where the hell is download link!?". Project is SOOO big and we need lots of time to finish it. Let us know what do you think about our project! :)
Last edited by SAmik37 on Wed May 22, 2019 4:34 am, edited 6 times in total.
AvzinElkein

Re: Brutal Blood: One Unit Whole Blood Rebirth

Post by AvzinElkein »

Wouldn't that be a copyright violation or something? I may be wrong.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Funnily enough, this seems less brutal than vanilla Blood!
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Cherno wrote:Funnily enough, this seems less brutal than vanilla Blood!
Yeah, i just don't get the Brutal name. Actually, to be completely honest, when i read the title i was like "Oh no, it's another one of those projects". But as i entered i realized it was an awesome mod that i've also been following for a while.
So yeah, this is an awesome little gem you got, and i can't see what you guys will do, but if i were you, i'd change the name to something that gives it its own identity, because this is clearly more than just a "Brutal" adaptation.
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

I think this is "brutal" in the sense of providing a more visceral gameplay experience. For instance, shootable corpses, enhanced blood effects (not just excessive blood), as well as new weapon mechanics such as reloading and ironsights look to have been added. Regardless of the title, this mod most certainly has the potential to provide a fresh take on a beloved cult-classic. Keep it up @SAmik37!
SAmik37

Post by SAmik37 »

Yes, we hear you guys. And i am ready to answer to all of you. First of all, violate copyrights? No! Why you think like that? That just a mod and we don't assign "Blood" title to ourselves. If you judge like that, so.. "BloodTC" is violate copyrights too? Second, yep.. How Bros says, we have "Brutal" in the name not because of lots of gore and blood. More because of gameplay and mechanics. And i repeat again, keep in mind that project still in very-very early stages of development and we can change anything we like in future. For example we already change blood splashes like 3 times, and funny fact in old builds there is more blood. But we decide to lower amount of blood, for now. Also, to be honest more thanks to my friend "Maxi" who put lots of love in that project. He make lots of good work back there, much more than me. So ye, do not thank me a lot.. Leave it to my friend "Maxi". Again, thank you all for your feedback! We try to keep you guys in touch! :)
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

I'm not really a fan of Blood or huge amounts of gore, but man this looks awesome!
I will definitively play through this one, by the way, are you going to add models for the pickup like how Blood had voxels for the pickups?
SAmik37

Post by SAmik37 »

Hmm, i don't think so.. Maybe, MAYBE we make something like "Voxel addon" after when we finish project. Right now we focus on main goal, finish first episode. So people can try out mod by yourself. Sorry, but no. No voxels for now.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Oh god no ...
I mean I really like how this project is going , it looks cool , the atmosphere is great and all.

But when you put the "Brutal" name on it , it feels weird considering the excessive violence and the shitty projects who tried to make something based on it.

At least it seems that you guys are doing this not heavily based on BD so that's a nice start
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Very ambitious project, I wish the project was finished to the end :) :wink:
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There was no need to quote the the OP.
Zan

Post by Zan »

Looks... really friggin' awesome? Can't wait to play it, keep up the good work.
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Looks great, but i would like see it on blood gdx than gzdoom... because user maps compability. Will you plan to use ROR or 3D gzdoom features for maps? That would be awesome.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

... will the mapset be compatible with weapon & enemy mods?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

YukesVonFaust wrote:... will the mapset be compatible with weapon & enemy mods?
Yeah, I want to kick cultist ass in Guncaster!
SAmik37

Post by SAmik37 »

Ha-ha.. Wow, nice! How many people interested in our project! Thanks to all of you for your awesome support! So, second wave of answers. About name, we think about to remove "Brutal" from name in future. So, this is like "Code name" of project for now.. We still don't have established name of project. So don't worry, we don't trying to make it based on Brutal Doom. Our main goal make good looking remaster of Blood. About engine, we use GZDoom and make own maps in GZDoom Builder based on original Blood maps by using Blood map editor to see how maps look like in original and try to make similar maps on GZDoom engine and don't want to change engine. We are good in making mods on GZDoom, change engine will took lot's of time to examine new engine and etc. So ye, mod only for GZDoom. Mapset? There is no mapset. That a full new IWAD with own maps, recources and etc. But we hear you, maybe we can make "Blood map-pack" in future. Before that, let us finish project first.. Again, thanks to all for support!.. Have a nice day!.. :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”