Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by irontusk341 »

well :( it was worth a shot....
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

i know what went wrong...... when i downloaded Worldenddominators version, some of the skills were missing effects like EnfeebleAOEGiver, so i copied the actor from version 2c2 (Spec version) and put it in his version,

then when the script error "Unknown identifier 'ISAFRIEND' happened
i went to this....
Use:
TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(WOC_DECORATE,STATS,ISFRIEND,ACTIVATOR) == 0, "Healing")
changed it to this...
Use:
TNT1 A 0

and it got rid of the ISFRIEND script error message.... Thats all i did.

in troubleshooting ive tried different commands like AAPTR_DEFAULT, it got it to load, and i tested enfeeble... and got this... does that mean it worked?
Attachments
gzdoom 2018-06-07 20-56-13-85.jpg
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

irontusk341 wrote:in troubleshooting ive tried different commands like AAPTR_DEFAULT
... instead of what?!

Nothing seems to be worked Enfeeble unfortunately. Anyway, as worldendDominator and I has wrote early an AAPTR_(DEFAULT,MASTER,TRACER,NULL etc.) just are pointers, but ISFRIEND instead is an argument which takes int values from custom "IsFriendly" ACS function and have no direct relations with pointers.

Meantime, IsFriendly itself based on 3 functions - CheckInventory, CheckActorInventory and CheckActorProperty:
Spoiler: IsFriendly
and its acts in checks through:
a) direct definition

Code: Select all

if(option == ISFRIEND)
			SetResultValue(IsFriendly(0));
and
b) as part of script of each curse.
Therefore as weDominator wrote:
worldendDominator wrote:As for why they don't work, it may be that the update changed something related to those skills' checks - IsFriendly and/or CheckInventory.
what can means in other terms I guess, that changes can be fatal for CheckInventory and/or CheckActorInventory and/or CheckActorProperty in case of WoC.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:in troubleshooting ive tried different commands like AAPTR_DEFAULT
... instead of what?!

Nothing seems to be worked Enfeeble unfortunately. Anyway, as worldendDominator and I has wrote early an AAPTR_(DEFAULT,MASTER,TRACER,NULL etc.) just are pointers, but ISFRIEND instead is an argument which takes int values from custom "IsFriendly" ACS function and have no direct relations with pointers.

Meantime, IsFriendly based on 3 functions - CheckInventory, CheckActorInventory and CheckActorProperty:
Spoiler: IsFriendly
and its acts in checks through:
a) direct definition

Code: Select all

if(option == ISFRIEND)
			SetResultValue(IsFriendly(0));
and
b) as part of script of each curse.
Therefore as weDominator wrote:
worldendDominator wrote:As for why they don't work, it may be that the update changed something related to those skills' checks - IsFriendly and/or CheckInventory.
what can means in other terms I guess, that changes can be fatal for CheckInventory and/or CheckActorInventory and/or CheckActorProperty in case of WoC.
Here is what i did today, i tried changing ISFRIEND to AAPTR_DEFAULT and the result was the Screenshot above, not sure if anything changed...
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Did find an incompatibility with another mod... Wrath of Cronos any version will not work with Project Brutality.. When you load the title screen, the "select skill/stat to Level up" shows up.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Gameplay mods are almost never intended to work with other gameplay mods. You can't just load Project Brutality with Wrath of Cronos, because there are so many conflicts in the code. Making them work together would almost be a full-scale project in itself. Each has its own weapons, enemies, gameplay elements, etc that all conflict with each other.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

TheMightyHeracross wrote:Gameplay mods are almost never intended to work with other gameplay mods. You can't just load Project Brutality with Wrath of Cronos, because there are so many conflicts in the code. Making them work together would almost be a full-scale project in itself. Each has its own weapons, enemies, gameplay elements, etc that all conflict with each other.
Actually... Wrath of Cronos is not compatible with anything that has a Titlemap.wad in its pk3 file. Because Titlemaps require a player 1 start, and wrath of cronos reads title maps and assumes a player 1 at the opening of the title menu thus why the "select a skill to level up" message pops up.

This is for future reference for anyone looking to try playing WOC with another mod or pk3 file that contains a titlemap.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

A couple of things that were discussed today about Wrath of Cronos, Do you know how to fix respawning in Wrath of Cronos? Thetis is still MIA, and if you play as a Mage or cleric on a map with respawn enabled, when you die, you sometimes respawn as a Fighter... with fighter sounds and fighter hud... EXCEPT, you still have your original skills and weapons. Anyway to fix that?

Also There were 2 more classes planned... Assassin and Druid... If we wanted to make Thetis's idea come into fruition, i would probably would need help doing the overhaul of WOC to allow 2 more classes (Assassin&Druid). Unless Thetis decides to make this happen...............
Nightgaunt

Post by Nightgaunt »

irontusk341 wrote:A couple of things that were discussed today about Wrath of Cronos, Do you know how to fix respawning in Wrath of Cronos? Thetis is still MIA, and if you play as a Mage or cleric on a map with respawn enabled, when you die, you sometimes respawn as a Fighter... with fighter sounds and fighter hud... EXCEPT, you still have your original skills and weapons. Anyway to fix that?

Also There were 2 more classes planned... Assassin and Druid... If we wanted to make Thetis's idea come into fruition, i would probably would need help doing the overhaul of WOC to allow 2 more classes (Assassin&Druid). Unless Thetis decides to make this happen...............

Man Druid sounds so boring, almost as bad as the hunter,

This is not WoW, it needs some METAL classes!
Assassin is fine (I would replace Hunter with it).
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Druid was pretty OP in Diablo 2 if you specced him right, though.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

irontusk341 wrote:Also There were 2 more classes planned... Assassin and Druid...
That's really open secret.
irontusk341 wrote:If we wanted to make Thetis's idea come into fruition, i would probably would need help doing the overhaul of WOC to allow 2 more classes (Assassin&Druid). Unless Thetis decides to make this happen...
Lolwut? No offense, dude, but I really doubt that you will find a somebody whom is such liked WoC AND are skilled enough for writing on ACS an 2 RPG player-classes with individual set of skills. I like your enthusiasm, but have are you looked ever inside of the WoC classes scripts? There are tonns of code.

Besides, if you have a some excess time then maybe you should try to seek out solution to fix Necro skills for newer GZDoom? I think that sould be easier task with compare to writing a few complicate classes.

But anyway I'll be very glad if you manage to write a cool scripted custom rpg-player-class or to find people whose could do it, at least. :)
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Nice to see It was updated!
So basically, i just need all the files here to enjoy the mod with the games? It's the last version (final)?
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=35846&start=675
Thanks! This mod is really fun and some magics and stuff are really original :D
EDIT: Do i have to use the weapon fix for Heretic? or it's like that: "D:\ROTT TC\gzdoom\gzdoom.exe" -file wrathofcronosr2D2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3
Game crashed (freeze) not sure if i did like i should...
EDIT2: it's maybe like that? \GZDOOM\gzdoom.exe" -file wrathofcronosnothexenpatch wrathofcronosr2D2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix" ?
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Manhs wrote:Nice to see It was updated!
So basically, i just need all the files here to enjoy the mod with the games? It's the last version (final)?
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=35846&start=675
Thanks! This mod is really fun and some magics and stuff are really original :D
EDIT: Do i have to use the weapon fix for Heretic? or it's like that: "D:\ROTT TC\gzdoom\gzdoom.exe" -file wrathofcronosr2D2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3
Game crashed (freeze) not sure if i did like i should...
EDIT2: it's maybe like that? \GZDOOM\gzdoom.exe" -file wrathofcronosnothexenpatch wrathofcronosr2D2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix" ?

Try this loadout.

gzdoom -file wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2d2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3 -iwad Heretic.wad
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Thank you! :wink:

EDIT: I got this message, can't start it:
Script error, wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3:players2.txt"line77
//
Tried to define class "MageIceCorpse" more than twice in the same file

With gzdoom 3.3.2 64*

EDIT: It worked with zandronum 3.0 ^^ Let's go :)
EDIT3: It crashed again >< (freeze at map e1m2 just with walking)
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Manhs wrote:Thank you! :wink:

EDIT: I got this message, can't start it:
Script error, wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3:players2.txt"line77
//
Tried to define class "MageIceCorpse" more than twice in the same file

With gzdoom 3.3.2 64*

EDIT: It worked with zandronum 3.0 ^^ Let's go :)
EDIT3: It crashed again >< (freeze at map e1m2 just with walking)
Definitely sounds like a load order issue...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”