The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
SouthernLion

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by SouthernLion »

Just got two injections in the right hand, and one injection on the right arm, and one injection on the left arm for rabies... we couldn't confirm the dog's status (my job's management is garbage and doesn't seem to really care that I got bit) so they said it's best that I get immunized just in case. A little peace of mind, but fuck that hand injection stung and made me nauseous. The arm ones weren't too bad, they were just like flu shots.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hope the nauseating effect worn off quickly. Again, i'm sorry to hear that. But at least you're alright right now!
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

listened to year of the snitch from start to finish, and it's really awesome. i couldn't expect dg to top bottomless pit, but they did. dilemma, ha ha ha, shitshow, black paint and death grips is online are absolute bangers imo.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Brushed up on quantum computing. Is it doable, especially considering the cooling needs? Could the tech become reasonable for the consumer ( A desktop? Never mind a smartphone!) within the next decade or so? What are your thoughts?
JadedLexi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by JadedLexi »

Naniyue wrote:Brushed up on quantum computing. Is it doable, especially considering the cooling needs? Could the tech become reasonable for the consumer ( A desktop? Never mind a smartphone!) within the next decade or so? What are your thoughts?
This isn't a quantum computing thread.
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

This isn't a weight loss thread either, but there the entire last page is, huh
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I spent roughly an hour working on creating an Oblivion character in the likeness of the Rock.
Spoiler:
Speccing hand-to-hand in this game is hilariosuly fun. You don't get the proc-on-hit you would with weapons, but you can make up for that in other ways.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

It's been an eventful week.

I received Battalions of Fear and Follow the Blind, making my Blind Guardian discography complete! The latter features a cover of "Barbara Ann", and I am speechless.

I finally got a 1050 TI at a reasonable price. it should be here in a few days. The upgrade is going to be a big project, since I also need to swap out the PSU and reseat the liquid cooler.

I got dreadfully sick at work on thursday. I was already short of sleep (thanks, assholes shooting off rockets after 1 AM), and having stomach cramps all morning. Spending another ~45 minutes out in the heat fighting with broken-down equipment (a rant I won't get into right now) didn't help. I didn't need to go to the hospital, fortunately, but I did have to spend the rest of the day cooling down. I'd been heat sick a few weeks before as well, and I'm not sure why it's been so bad this year except that my health in general must be going to hell. :(
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Heh, just like christmas morning with freedom, hmm? Also do please get well soon. ):
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Welp, I now have a DOS/Win3.11 system set up in PCem. It's actually an Award/Pentium setup because I wanted to have a full 2-channel IDE setup, which is slightly overkill for DOS use, but I get 32x CD support. (Which means I can run Return to Zork.)

After some fiddling I got it to display 8-bit color properly. I installed SimCity 2000 and got perfect color cycling. :D I'm not 100% sure whether I'll make this my primary DOS gaming system or not. I don't have the convenience of dropping files directly into a mountable directory, but I get a more authentic machine. (It's able to run NDOS like my actual old machine! :) )

Maybe I'll dig up my old Visual basic 3 stuff and put an antiquated dev environment on this thing. :P
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

What I usually do is either mkisofs a folder in a batch operation to rewrite an ISO to load, or just do file injecting with WinImage. You could probably use zip disks too though i never tried that yet. For "period setups" (necessary for testing) I only stick to the disk images and discs i've dumped.

There is a VHD patch incoming for later just FYI. I've recently dabbed into 3dfx Voodoo render accuracy research and I feel rather alone there... the 3dfx fanbase either are only interested in highleveling Glide to HD or obsessing over the V5/Rampage then revising the ugly past
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello everyone, probably you might won't care about, but I would like to say it anyway...

I'm gonna leave imminently that hateful and crappy piece of shit called Windows 10 who has bothered me for a long time, and erase it from my laptop for good... Really, I cannot stand it anymore... So then, after thinking about it deeply and having made several file backups, I've decided to make the jump straight on to a more serious, respectful and pretty attractive OS, it is called... Linux Mint!

I have good expectations with it, I have already tried it in live mode with an USB pendrive, and sincerely works like a charm, the (yet) few things I've already seen have made me fall in love with this new free OS, I'm pretty sure it will work lot better for my laptop than with that other M$'s hungry resource swallower... Yuck! :puke:

Tomorrow is big day, I hope the installation (and everything else) will go smoothly... 8-)
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

leileilol wrote:For "period setups" (necessary for testing) I only stick to the disk images and discs i've dumped.
I've taken to shutting down the machine and dropping files directly into the HD image with EditDisk. I might switch to WinImage if it does the WinRar thing. (I have a poor relationship with crippleware.)
leileilol wrote:There is a VHD patch incoming for later just FYI.
Might be useful, though I don't know if mounting a VHD would be any less trouble than writing a raw disk image.

FWIW, I think I'm leaving this machine as a curiosity for now, since PCem only supports DirectSound for output and the delay is too noticable. :?

(I started to complain about dealing with EMS, but then the humor of that hit me. :P )
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

leileilol wrote: I've recently dabbed into 3dfx Voodoo render accuracy research and I feel rather alone there... the 3dfx fanbase either are only interested in highleveling Glide to HD or obsessing over the V5/Rampage then revising the ugly past
Now that PCem runs well enough on my machine, I might have to see what I can do with that, since I have a fair few 3dfx games on my shelf that haven't been played since '99. I mean, there's probably a reason nobody remembers Ultim@te Race Pro, but still...
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

NeuralStunner wrote:FWIW, I think I'm leaving this machine as a curiosity for now, since PCem only supports DirectSound for output and the delay is too noticable. :?
How old is your build? V14 uses OpenAL and packs OpenALSoft with it so the delay is way far less noticeable. I recently managed to replay and finish Unreal (version 200 at that) on it with little fuss and delay

Return to “Off-Topic”