FIXED: Texture not appearing properly

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Sir Hattington
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

FIXED: Texture not appearing properly

Post by Sir Hattington »

For my new doom map I used the original wallpapers that came with Windows 98 for my Windows themed Doom WAD. And I made a custom texture with the Windows 9x logo on some metal called "WINMETL" But and the texture looked fine In Doom Builder (Version 2.1.2.1553) and in Slade (version 3.1.1.5) but when I would go into the game, the texture would appear black and if it was in front of something the texture would be transparent. I have supplied some screenshots in the "Help" folder in the Zip file so I can fix this. If you need me to provide anything else so you can figure out this problem I would be happy to do that if I can. also Gzdoom will not display any errors when I get into game.

The link to the Zip file containing the screenshots is here-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rKBYpB ... sp=sharing
Attachments
This is the texture in question I have the screenshots of the problem in the "Help" folder of the Zip file I provided.
This is the texture in question I have the screenshots of the problem in the "Help" folder of the Zip file I provided.
WNMETL.png (22.46 KiB) Viewed 426 times
Last edited by Sir Hattington on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: HELP: Texture not appearing properly

Post by Kappes Buur »

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Image_format
Read the first item of Important notes

Tip:
Upgrade your map and lump editors. Find links here
Attachments
MAP0b.wad
example pwad
(71.97 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Sir Hattington
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: FIXED: Texture not appearing properly

Post by Sir Hattington »

Thanks, It worked.

Return to “Technical Issues”