[Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Void Weaver

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

Post by Void Weaver »

Yeah, I like these beasts too. Sooooo...

... an NEW ENTRY has arrived. Blood Lord aka Frenzytaur sprites w sfx and actor. All information about his abilities laid into INFO lump.

As usual, you can grab it from the "Monster-ACTOR wads" spoiler section of the first post. Yep, they are incredibly fast, so don't allow them to wind-up to 4th-6th Frenzy levels. :E

Link to D1_Zombies_sfx was fixed.

The next release will be Regurgitator, Meph or Andy wad probably.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Yeah, I like these beasts too. Sooooo...

... an NEW ENTRY has arrived. Blood Lord aka Frenzytaur sprites w sfx and actor. All information about his abilities laid into INFO lump.

As usual, you can grab it from the "Monster-ACTOR wads" spoiler section of the first post. Yep, they are incredibly fast, so don't allow them to wind-up to 4th-6th Frenzy levels. :E

Link to D1_Zombies_sfx was fixed.

The next release will be Regurgitator, Meph or Andy wad probably.
Got this error in Zandronum 3.0
Script error, "diablo.pk3:_d2_frenzytaur actor (summon fr).wad:DECORATE" line 88:
Call to unknown function 'CountInv'
and
Unknown identifier 'SXF_TRANSFERSPRITEFRAME' for 58 lines.

Im gonna try to see what i can fix on it to get it to work... it works great in Gzdoom, and deadly ;)
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Got rid of the Errors.
It runs on Zandronum now, and his frenzy works good... although when he hits me, i dont get a hit sound, i tried adding swordhit to custommeleeattack's play sound but i still dont hear it... ill keep working on it.. but for now it works! :)
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

irontusk341 wrote:Got this error in Zandronum 3.0
irontusk341 wrote:Got rid of the Errors.
I already told you that sweety Zandro is quite capricious to DECORATE coding, therefore I haven't any plans for providing Zandro compatibility because "fixing" for Zandro can break a some cool ideas, at least with my current DECORATE skill.
irontusk341 wrote:... it works great in Gzdoom
But yes, I always test my code on latest GZDoom. :)

Anyway, my resources are share for everyone who will want it, and moreover Diablo 3D IS YOUR mod, so you can modify any actor as you want. Just don't delete initial CREDITS lump from wad. But if you manage to adapt for Zandro a some code-massive actors without much crippling, then it a really respectful achievement I think.
irontusk341 wrote:Script error, "diablo.pk3:_d2_frenzytaur actor (summon fr).wad:DECORATE" line 88:
Call to unknown function 'CountInv'
and
Unknown identifier 'SXF_TRANSFERSPRITEFRAME' for 58 lines.
What about this two errors if you still interested ofc, then stay awhile and listen. :)

A_JumpIf(CountInv("Frenzy1,2,3...6") == 0, "See") - it essential line for Frenzy buff, without it Frenzy never drops. But I did place in code a some alternative solution: each similar line can be replaced by these two (also it twice commented for tips)

Code: Select all

A_JumpIfInventory ("Frenzy1,2,3...6",1,2) //equivalent of MLWL A 0 A_JumpIf(CountInv("Frenzy2") == 0, "See")
A_Jump (256, "See") //equivalent of MLWL A 0 A_JumpIf(CountInv("Frenzy2") == 0, "See")
I hope that it can be accepted by Zandro. But looks that you already notice it. ;)

SXF_TRANSFERSPRITEFRAME - is flag which provides "post-images" for blured trail effect and have only aestethic sence. Unfortunately I dunno how it can be replaced for Zandro, seems that it should be destroyed, while GZDoom even allows turn this effect off without code destruction. Actually I had commented it too. Btw, if you decide to nerf Frenzytaur's max speed, then the best choice is at beginning - to delete or block-// this line: "TNT1 A 0 A_SetSpeed (20)", it cutoff speed cap instantly by 5 points.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Im looking a viable replacement for the Maulotaurs as Hell Bovines.. it kills the Frame rate if theres more than a few. Any ideas?
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Well, the original hell bovines were melee only, so you could make a modified maulotaur that only has the melee attack. The cow king has that lightning enchanted effect though.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

irontusk341 wrote:Im looking a viable replacement for the Maulotaurs as Hell Bovines.. it kills the Frame rate if theres more than a few. Any ideas?
Already done! Hell Bovines sprites w sfx and actor has arrived.

And moreover it's a Cow King actor instead with
Ichor wrote:lightning enchanted effect
AND Lightning Aura!

Image Image

As usual, you can grab it from the "Monster-ACTOR wads" spoiler section of the first post.

For common cows just read notes into INFO lump inside of wad. Since I have know now how to write damaging auras, I'll try to write frosty Duriel too. :) But I need to fix a few flaws of aura code.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

oh snap! :)
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Again, by request can be extracted cows with Halberd and Bardiche also.

Next will be Meph. :oops: Honestly.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Just a some extras, D2 portals:
_D2_Portals_Naturally_Transparent.JPG
Portal Blue w sfx
Portal Red w sfx
There are different portal sprites actually, aren't just re-colored. OP links has been also updated.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

_D2_Mephisto_CommonMode.JPG
_D2_Mephisto_PowerMode.JPG

As usual, you can grab it from the "Monster-ACTOR wads" spoiler section of the first post.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Meph actor was revamped and reuploaded: some balancing editings + Poison Cloud fix + major revamping of Blizzard's damage source (Meph isn't vulnerable to own Blizzard anymore!)

Btw, after Blzd revamping its can be easily adopted for player:
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Meph actor was revamped and reuploaded: some balancing editings + Poison Cloud fix + major revamping of Blizzard's damage source (Meph isn't vulnerable to own Blizzard anymore!)

Btw, after Blzd revamping its can be easily adopted for player:
doh! lol i just got the old mephisto Zandronum friendly too. haha
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Grats, but keep in mind that old Meph will suffer from his own Blizzard, unless he's totally resistant to Ice ofc.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Grats, but keep in mind that old Meph will suffer from his own Blizzard, unless he's totally resistant to Ice ofc.
i set his damagefactor "ICE", 0.0

Return to “Resources”