Struggle : Antaresian Legacy

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
antares031

Struggle : Antaresian Legacy

Post by antares031 »

Struggle : Antaresian Legacy is a single-player partial-conversion megawad for Doom 2 with limit removing compatibility. It features new weapon and monster replacements, edited with DeHacked patch. Some of original monsters are also slightly changed, so it's recommended to check out the info below before you play this one. Since this wad uses heavily modified DeHacked patch, it is recommended not to use other custom gameplay patches. Also, par time of each level is based on UV-Max playthrough, not UV-Speed.

= FDA or livestream feedback, video playthrough providers =
Deadwing, scifista42, gaspe, Dragonfly, x38_ViTa_38, loveless, Veinen, 129thVisplane, kakhome1, Megablast, MrZzul

= Suggestions, bug report providers =
Memfis, Doomkid, SuperCupcakeTactics, EffinghamHuffnagel, Fonze, rhinoduck, Poohlyash, Evolution, WH-Wilou84, tmorrow, Terminus, Keyboard_Doomer

= Doomworld Megawad Club participants (July 2018) =
Roofi, tmorrow, FrancisT18, NuMetalManiak, Forli, rehelekretep, Magnusblitz, TheOrganGrinder, Catpho, DavitW, Aquila Chrysaetos, Rayziik, Dragonfly, CPCTC, Salt-Man Z

Click Here to download

= Screenshots =
Spoiler:
Thanks, and have fun. :)
Last edited by antares031 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Struggle : Antaresian Legacy

Post by Baratus »

Very cool looking maps! I'm only a few levels in but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I find the weapon sprites a bit irksome. The grainy, low res photorealism aesthetic seems to clash with the look of the levels and the enemies, however, the tweaks to the weapon mechanics and monster behaviour give it a new edge to keep players on their toes and I can look past the quality of the sprites.

Will be playing more of this in future. Congrats on releasing your first megawad!
antares031

Post by antares031 »

Baratus wrote:I find the weapon sprites a bit irksome.
Right, I've heard from some players that they're not a fan of custom weapon sprites. Someone even suggested to separate the weapon sprites as an optional graphic PWAD. But what I wanted to implement to my megawad was the custom weapon sprites of my own, made with the way id software did; taking some photographs of toy guns. Obviously my graphic-editing skill wasn't good enough to satisfy most of people. But for me, at least it was worth to try. :D

I wonder if there's a way to convert photographs to doom graphic sprites, with much better art-style than the current one. Anyway, thanks for playing, and have fun with the rest of the wad. :)
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

The struggle is strong on this one.

Good work, antares.

(also why the super shotgun is the only weapon that is not photographed (save for the hands))
antares031

Post by antares031 »

YukesVonFaust wrote: also why the super shotgun is the only weapon that is not photographed
Unfortunately, I don't have a double-barreled shotgun in my house. It's kinda hard to find that one in here. :(
bovineicide

Post by bovineicide »

Really digging this so far. Liking the new viewmodels and how everything is paced out.

I'm trying to find this again, but there's a company that makes knock off Nerf guns that makes a double barreled shotgun. You could paint that black and you'd be good to go.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

antares031 wrote:
YukesVonFaust wrote: also why the super shotgun is the only weapon that is not photographed
Unfortunately, I don't have a double-barreled shotgun in my house. It's kinda hard to find that one in here. :(
maybe those airsoft ones online will work
antares031

Post by antares031 »

bovineicide wrote: I'm trying to find this again, but there's a company that makes knock off Nerf guns that makes a double barreled shotgun. You could paint that black and you'd be good to go.
YukesVonFaust wrote: maybe those airsoft ones online will work
Sadly, it's also difficult to find an airsoft super shotgun in my country. I've searched the local toy gun websites, and all I can find is the one with 400,000 KRW price tag, which is about 360 USD. :(
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

Downloading now. Will post thoughts upon further playthrough. Looks really good from the screenshots.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

I love the hammer and the drill <3
BlazelyDemon

Post by BlazelyDemon »

To Be Honest, This is the one of really good megawads ive played so far..
even tho i wasn't born in the 90's era, i makes me feel like im in that era, since you use dehacked instead of decorate..
i really recommend this to anyone to play :3
keep up the good work mate <3
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

It would be cool to see the version of weapon sprites with vanilla hands, I do not know why, but for me personally these hands do not fit in a bit
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Gotta say, the map design in this is downright stupendous. I really like the revamped weapons, but the unchanged SSG is admittedly slightly jarring, although I understand why it's the way it is. One tiny thing that slightly bugs me due to personal taste alone, is the chaingun replacement seems to fire wayyyyyy the hell faster than a pair of pistols should. Anyways, fantastic megawad all around, and I really hope I get to see more by you!!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Will there ever be a non-dehacked version? I'd like to play this with mods.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

antares031 wrote:
bovineicide wrote: I'm trying to find this again, but there's a company that makes knock off Nerf guns that makes a double barreled shotgun. You could paint that black and you'd be good to go.
YukesVonFaust wrote: maybe those airsoft ones online will work
Sadly, it's also difficult to find an airsoft super shotgun in my country. I've searched the local toy gun websites, and all I can find is the one with 400,000 KRW price tag, which is about 360 USD. :(
Try using a buzz bee double shot, those always do the trick. Also, some of the weapon sounds are louder than others.

Return to “Levels”