Supreme Invasion - Universal! v7 (11/09/2021) (Optimized!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Supreme Invasion - Universal! v7 (11/09/2021) (Optimized!)

Post by TDRR »

1.8.6 compatible! Play with your buddies on Zandronum or play Invasion on the go!

DOWNLOAD!

This is a mod based on AlysiumX's Ultimate Invasion DM, adapted to not replace the monsters and instead their DoomEd numbers only, so now it should work with most gameplay mods (Except OMG Weapons and Monsters for some reason).

To play, bind the open invasion menu key to setup your preferences. There you choose your options, make sure to read them all!

Once you finish a wave many more enemies will appear on the next one, so be prepared!
Spoiler: Changelog
Spoiler: Screenshotty
Screenshots can't really make justice to this (It would just look like I slapped a bunch of monsters in a deathmatch map) so I recommend you download it and try it yourself

!!-------------------!!
!!--IMPORTANT--!!
!!-------------------!!
Remember, type "InvasionMenu" in the console or bind the keys i set at the key configuration menu to set up everything on this mod.

DOWNLOAD!
Last edited by TDRR on Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 15 times in total.
epiccolton26
Location: The depths of space, destroying entire solar systems

Re: Supreme Invasion - Universal!

Post by epiccolton26 »

This is a pretty decent mod. Can definitely see the potential in this. :)

One question, though. Is there any reason as to why you can pass through the enemies as if you're no-clipping? If it's there in the case that the player would be unable to move with the large enemy hordes in later waves if they were solid, then I totally understand. Just wondering.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

It's exactly for the reason you said, because in the later waves you would quickly be cornered and dead in a matter of seconds, the game is already hard with the huge amount of monsters, so why give them the ability to pin you down?

Plus, if i didn't, then the enemies would spend more time standing still stuck in each other than killing you :P
epiccolton26
Location: The depths of space, destroying entire solar systems

Post by epiccolton26 »

Ah, good to know. Just wanted to make sure. :)
mutator

Post by mutator »

is this compatible with qcde, d4t, project msx and trailblazer mods?
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Wow! This mod brings single player mode to DM maps, and this is awesome! Now I finally have a reason to check out DM wads.
If only there was a way to prevent monsters from being stuck in walls (it happens not so often, so it doesn't matter much).
Thanks for doing this!

Edit: also it would be nice to have (optional) autosave on wave start or wave finish.
ErrantMasa

Post by ErrantMasa »

tested with Colourful Hell+LegenDooMLite+Mikk's Champions with DRLA; I had an issue with bullets noclipping
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

I like it a lot, but in testing I've concluded that The Trooper isn't really compatible with it (it breaks headshot hitboxes after Wave 1 and messes with the weapons' ammo values, which are artificially limited in the weapon code to allow room for upgrades).
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Ok, to answer most of your questions:

I have been considering autosaves at the start of every wave, though i'm not sure how to add a enable/disable option for it.

Yes, this works with D4T (It was THE mod i had in mind for this) Trailblazer works good too, not sure about PMSX and QCDE, if there's issues with those i might fix them later.

ErrantMasa, do you know which of the mods causes the issue? if you told me then maybe i could fix it, but right now i can't download all those mods because my internet is ultra slow for the moment.

About The Trooper, i will check that out, but i don't mess with ammo values, you can bind the "open invasion menu" key and then press that key, in that menu you will see an option about ammo regeneration, set that to zero and that should normalize the ammo values back to normal. (Any other mod with issues related to ammo should do this)

If those bugs are fixable, i will release a patch with the fixes, also, there's a known bug: Normally the corpses should burn before the next wave starts, but this never happens in the DM version of the mod, not sure why it doesn't work.
RastaManGames
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RastaManGames »

Can you in future add option to change auto-kill percentage and time?
I mean, option, where i can make auto-kill, which activates when ~5% of enemies live for ~30 seconds.
Keldian

Post by Keldian »

Why not use an in-game counter of monsters to spawn a new wave?
ErrantMasa

Post by ErrantMasa »

TDRR: I will be checking that out!

Update: it appears your mod is incompatible with DRLA(DooM RogueLike Arsenal) I suggest contacting Yholl to see where the conflicts are located
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Sorry for taking a while to reply, was a bit busy.

Keldian: not sure if i understood your suggestion, but doesn't this already happen? The game already counts all remaining monsters until it's 0 and then spawn the next wave.

ErrantMasa: sounds good, i will try checking out the code first to see if i can find anything on my on, but if not i will ask Yholl.
Keldian

Post by Keldian »

TDRR wrote: not sure if i understood your suggestion, but doesn't this already happen? The game already counts all remaining monsters until it's 0 and then spawn the next wave.
Not always. For example, when i play with Colourful hell and Shades of Doom, it spawns new wave every 3 seconds, even if not all monsters killed.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Well, you should have told me that part first, that's a bug, most likely it's because one of those mods use the crappy manual spawner method that doesn't transfer TIDs.

I can't fix that, that's up to the mod's author, and it's as easy to fix as adding the "SXF_CLEARCALLERTID" and setting the tid number to say "tid" on the spawner's A_SpawnItemEx function. (Or better yet, use RandomSpawner to make everything simpler)
I will try to contact Colorful Doom's autor (Hege Cactus i think?) to put this fix into his mod.

EDIT: Nevermind, i saw the problem, you are using 2 conflicting mods (both Shades of Doom and Colorful Doom replace monsters, that's a silly thing to do btw) and the way Shades of Doom does it's stuff means that it won't transfer the TID.

EDIT2: Fixed compatibility with Doom Rougelike Arsenal (I forgot to delete 1 line in the ACS script :lol: ) Will upload the update in a couple moments.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”