Hearts of Demons - BARON [1.1.0] 7/29/22

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MaxRideWizardLord

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 11] 4/23/18 One Punch Bar

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Anyone know any interesting mod where you replace all current NPC with doom marines and it's variants?

It doesn't feel right at all to fight your own innocent comrades. :P
Oakland Raiders

Post by Oakland Raiders »

How do I get Delta Touch to run this? It doesn't detect the zip file, and with I typed it in the command line it still didn't work.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

For Delta Touch, zips need to be renamed to .pk3.
Oakland Raiders

Post by Oakland Raiders »

That worked. Thanks.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

Brohnesorge wrote:SHayden: I want to note that the claws and spells, especially after you find a Fury or Carnage rune, are much stronger than the guns by a pretty large margin. In fact, this last update added melee combo punches, and a Berserked Buffed Carnage punch is the single most damaging thing in the whole mod. Weapon storage is purely video game logic, don't worry about it too much. Finally, glory kill/ fatalities are outside the scope of this mod, as such thing require editing enemies, which this mod will not do.
Well, how about an optional add-on solution? You can make things that would require enemy editing and other stuff not intended to go with the mod itself and place the code into a separate (add-on) file for those that would like more richer, vanilla like content. That way, you wouldn't have to play with those add-ons if you play other mods but if you like to stick with improving the vanilla gameplay(as brutal doom does imo) it would be a fine upgrade. Anyway I doubt that borrowing resources from brutal doom would be a crime if it's given credit for them. Just an idea for doing things that could go perfectly with the mod without necessarily putting them in the mod itself.
Spoiler:
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

The big problem with such addons is that they still need a lot of core mod edits. DamageType being at least one of those things (they go on the weapons).

Also stop trying to Brutal Doomify everything.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

Lud wrote:Also stop trying to Brutal Doomify everything.
Define "everything"? Am I annoying? Because I can be sometimes, can't control it. :shrug:
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I wouldn't say annoying. More like "uneducated on how modding works". You're not the first person to post in a thread with a proposal to add Brutal Doomisms to a specific mod. It's become an in-joke in this community. Someone would pop in and say "just add this <Brutal Doom feature> to <mod in question>."

What you suggested will not be added to the core mod, and it is outside the developers' interests to add it to an addon, assuming it is even possible to do so in the first place.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Lud wrote:I wouldn't say annoying. More like "uneducated on how modding works". You're not the first person to post in a thread with a proposal to add Brutal Doomisms to a specific mod. It's become an in-joke in this community. Someone would pop in and say "just add this <Brutal Doom feature> to <mod in question>."

What you suggested will not be added to the core mod, and it is outside the developers' interests to add it to an addon, assuming it is even possible to do so in the first place.
Why the stupid idea of adding X mod, like Brutal Doom, to a mod which can be incompatible?
And I agree that the brutal-ism is a joke to this point. I think that the joke must stop no matter what...
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I admit his idea isn't bad in itself. In fact, I like it, but adding it to Baron is kinda over the top.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

leodoom85 wrote:Why the stupid idea of adding X mod, like Brutal Doom, to a mod which can be incompatible?
And I agree that the brutal-ism is a joke to this point. I think that the joke must stop no matter what...
"Brutal-ism"...joke...? I'm sorry but I don't know the fu*k you're talking about. My point is not to mock or annoy people with any jokes...I'm not THAT into doom community so I may not know internal jokes if that is the case with brutal doom so I'm sorry about that, I was just saying that feature in itself would be cool I didn't mean that you should import whole brutal doom in the HoD. And the add-ons suggestion was general advice for developer(s) in case they would like to make certain additional features, but not implement them into a core mod, just like there is a list of other mods that can go well with HoD in the OP same can mod developer(s) do some add-ons if they'd like. :roll:
Ligmatism

Post by Ligmatism »

Edit: Please do not take this post too seriously. I was not entirely sober (not implying I drink, because I don't) when writing it, and I honestly just wanted attention. In retrospect I realize how low of a move this was and am deeply sorry. I will understand if this gets me banned.
Regards, Chewcumber.

Ah, shit! I had this exact idea for this exact mod (playing as a Baron of Hell gone rogue) and I had the resources ready and everything! I guess someone beat me to it. God damn it dude, I'm actually really pissed about this. Great mod, though.
Last edited by Ligmatism on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Chewcumber wrote:Ah, shit! I had this exact idea for this exact mod (playing as a Baron of Hell gone rogue) and I had the resources ready and everything! I guess someone beat me to it. God damn it dude, I'm actually really pissed about this. Great mod, though.
Calm down. Why don't you just ask Brohnesorge if you can help them out?
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

We're good, but I mean, go for it. Make the mod. I'm sure you have a different interpretation of Barons than me amd its not like I own the idea. Hell, learn from the short comings of this mod to make an even better one.
Ligmatism

Post by Ligmatism »

Nah, it's fine. I'm working on a different mod now anyway. Sorry about bitching because I was too lazy to commit to an idea anyway, I was having a pretty crappy day when I posted that. I don't mean any disrespect.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”