No Guts, No Glory!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BLλZING_DUST

No Guts, No Glory!

Post by BLλZING_DUST »

"No Guts, No Glory!" is my first WAD. I've worked on it for years - since beginning of September, 2016. As I've improved my mapping skills - I've improved my maps. They were under constant changes, scraps and reworks. Now, the mappack has been put an end to.

This mappack has 12 maps, with full singleplayer and cooperative support. Deathmatch is supported up to the 10th map.

I planned to make a megawad out of this mappack but that thought is now long gone.

This WAD has no new monsters, weapons or things, so you can play it with any gameplay-changing mods that you'd like. This was left on purpose.

Credits:
Skybox textures - Got them from this thread - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16768
Recolored Doom - Nick Baker/Tormentor 667
Valve Corporation - Half-Life textures

I've took (and edited) various textures from a lot of texture packs. If I used any textures that you've made then let me know. I'm sorry that I didn't keep track of what I've took.
Last edited by BLλZING_DUST on Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
BLλZING_DUST

Re: [WIP] No Guts, No Glory!

Post by BLλZING_DUST »

DL link now avaliable. Fixed some bugs here and there. - http://www.mediafire.com/file/8k17v8zj1ferhlp/ngng.wad
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

This looks pretty neat, I can't wait to try it out later. :)
BLλZING_DUST

Post by BLλZING_DUST »

Thank you!
BLλZING_DUST

Post by BLλZING_DUST »

Now uploaded to Moddb. The moddb version comes with a few changes - http://www.moddb.com/mods/no-guts-no-glory
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

THe Moddb link contains no files.
BLλZING_DUST

Post by BLλZING_DUST »

I know, it's waiting for some kind of administrator approval or something.

EDIT: The admins approved the file now.
BLλZING_DUST

Post by BLλZING_DUST »

Here's a little update: I'm adding in more secrets to the maps, as well as making some more difficult. Map 04 will be reworked in the next update. For now, I'll give you a little sneak peak:
I'm planning to add in more secrets to Map 03. For now, I've gave the red cave some exterior views as well as some kind of mini-jail to the left.
The mini-jail is still a WIP, so I won't really give you much closeups of it.
Here's a closeup of the new area I'm about to add. It's still a WIP and I'm really undecided about what textures should I use.
Another, slightly better closeup of the same area. I am also planning to remake MAP03's cave area as I'm not satisfied with the way it looks. The lack of detail in there is bothering me so much but I don't know what is it. Whatever I change, it ends up looking even worse. Anyone got any suggestions?
DavidN

Post by DavidN »

Large vertical spaces can look ugly, especially with an obviously tiling texture like that - perhaps break up the long vertical lines with other sectors surrounding them, and switch to a subtler patterned rock texture?

Looks good, though, I'll give this a try :)
BLλZING_DUST

Post by BLλZING_DUST »

Another update, after quite a while. I'm releasing the next update once I get the 11th map done along with a few more tweaks to some maps.

Here's some MAP04 progress:

The MAP04 is still in heavy WIP. I have many ideas on what to implement to the map, but very little time. As always, if any bugs were found by you in the previous WAD release (latest version can be found on the Moddb page), please notify me. If you've got any suggestions on what should I improve in my WAD, then go and tell me.
BLλZING_DUST

Post by BLλZING_DUST »

Another update! MAP04 is now almost finished, there's only secrets left to be done. View the spoiler for screenshots.
Spoiler:
BLλZING_DUST

Post by BLλZING_DUST »

A version 2 of my WAD is now up! Check it out! - http://www.moddb.com/mods/no-guts-no-gl ... ry-demo-v2
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Can't download, it says members only.

I really would recommend sendspace for file hosting - they don't have the bureaucracy and red tape that moddb does.
BLλZING_DUST

Post by BLλZING_DUST »

Rachael wrote:Can't download, it says members only.

I really would recommend sendspace for file hosting - they don't have the bureaucracy and red tape that moddb does.
Weird. I've never encountered that problem, considering the fact that I've made a ModDB account back in mid 2016 and I was using ModDB since like 2013. Here's a MediaFire link anyway - https://www.mediafire.com/?l7w2m01e8n4b3ju
BLλZING_DUST

Post by BLλZING_DUST »

A new version of the WAD released. Screenshots coming soon, and on the Moddb page. The forums for some reason don't let me post images.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/no-guts-no-g ... ry-demo-v3

Return to “Levels”