For research purposes

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Drake Raider

For research purposes

Post by Drake Raider »

I'm hesitant about this, because of subjectivity, but I really want to compare classic doom game difficulty experience. Including 64. I'd like a poll for it if I can, but I'm not sure how. One thing I'd like distinguishing UV and HMP difficulty, difficulty curve, and first experience challenge vs replay challenge. Any ideas what I should.... well, start asking? I'm doing this for research purposes, so there's no need to debate, or comment on other opinions, I'm just curious about the first thing that pops into people's heads.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: For research purposes

Post by Rachael »

Polls are a fairly restricted feature, they're allowed in some forums but not others. If you really need a poll done you can report your own post and ask for it, and give justification for it, and the team will evaluate the merits of doing it.

The big thing is, Off-Topic has become a dumping ground for a lot of Facebook/Tumblr like crap over the years, so that's probably why it was decided not to allow them in this particular forum.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I sort of wonder if you'd be better off starting a Google Forms survey and shopping that around. That way you'd be able to collate the data in more interesting ways.
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

I was not even aware that Off-Topic couldn't do forums. I feel like I may be a bit out of touch. I'll try the google forms thing. Does anyone have any ideas for how to break up the options?

Return to “Off-Topic”