[Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Void Weaver

[Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

Post by Void Weaver »

Greetings there.

I had decide to gather the monster sprites from Diablo games series in one place for the easy and comfortable placing them into Id-games mods for anyone who would wants do it. The main things in my work which positively distincts from other possible Di sprite sources are:
a) they already named accordingly to DECORATE naming and dimension layout rules;
b) damned shadows of Di1 sprites are also removed already;
c) Di2 cast\dying sprites of composite monsters now with real transparent effects without any colored borders! Aaand
e) .dc6 animation (Mehpisto\Diablo\Baal) also extracted now!
Please give credits to Blizzard and Ogodei at least if you will use D1 sprites in your mod!

I will add the new monsters as soon as I can. In the end I might to gather that in a single pack probably.

Any suggestions\requests are welcomed.
Spoiler: Screenshots
Spoiler: Monster-ACTOR wads
DECORATE PoisonDamage antidote + PoisonDamage mini-guide
Spoiler: Diablo 1: (Hellfire) SPRITES and SOUNDS
Spoiler: D1 Naming Legend
Spoiler: D1 MonType Legend
Notes:
a) format: .7z -> .gif (for easier further image manipulations);
b) D1 sprites are (5-15)% larger from their original size;
c) all DT*1 frames of "Magma Demons" are glitched out, and that's old Blizzard glitch.
Spoiler: Diablo 2: (LoD) SPRITES and SOUNDS
Spoiler: D2 Naming Legend
Spoiler: D2 MonType Legend
Notes:
a) format: .7z -> .gif (for easier further image manipulations) OR .png (in case of merged composite monsters);
b) D2 sprites blackness can be removed by adding

Code: Select all

RenderStyle "Add"
Alpha 1.0
c) D2 non-transparent sprites of "non-ethereal" creatures with internal visual effects (like as Diablo casts) must be used only as truecolor .png. In opposite case effects transparency will be lost!
d) overlay sprites (Meph's Cloud, Frenzy buff, Rogues death animation, auras etc.) can be correctly attached to monster only via code.
Spoiler: Used tools
Spoiler: Basic resources
Spoiler: Credits
Last edited by Void Weaver on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Void Weaver

Re: [Sprites][Sounds]Diablo 1-2 monster sprites (DE-SHADED)

Post by Void Weaver »

D1 new arrivals:

all Knights
all Spiders (Hellfire)
Crypt Demon (Hellfire)

The Butcher

Leoric
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Im having trouble finding the right sprite for Duriel... any suggestions?
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Sorry for lack of new additions, was too busy. I'll try to upload new sprites in this month.

Btw, since the Di2 animation are bit comlicated and a some mobs (casters, bosses, suniques) have a more than one basic attack animation, aside from their abilities animanions AND the monsters himself have are composite sprite structure, so sprites of basic attacks will be often separated on **AR# and **AL# basic attack sprites.
Forex, the Duriel Di2 basic melee attack goes by two different separated animations for his each talon, so the left talon have a 15-frame animation (from A to O), meanwhile the right one have a 10-frame animation (from A to J). Ofc, there isn't necessary to use a whole set of frames animation in ID games (even moreover - it's harmful, since it will be too slooooow animation, I think), but anyway separate attack animation will be looks a more better and naturally than just single swinged attack.
Probably for the such mobs should be use code for paired basic melee attack, something like as:

Melee: TNT1 A 0 A_Jump (256, "Melee1", "Melee2")
Also Duriel sprites was added. )
Duriel
Duriel
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Would i have to create a Decorate file from scratch for his sprite is there one packed with the 7z?
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Well, first of, as I have wrote before since I am nothing in modding and I have use an one actor template for testing. :( Therefore I think that are experienced modmakers can write a more correct actor and more faster than I can do it.
The second one is a fact that I use full set of frames in test wads, what is absolutely needless for ID games, again as I wrote above. So you should choose those frames which you want (ofc you can use all of them) and to edit offsets and actor accordingly.

But if you interested, here the code which I had use for Duriel wad (full frame set):
Spoiler: SNDINFO
Spoiler: DECORATE
EDIT:
State bugs fixed.
Last edited by Void Weaver on Sun May 27, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sanctions

Post by Sanctions »

Actually it all has quite an interesting potential of makings sorta Diablo-themed FPS/RPG mix.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Sanctions wrote:Actually it all has quite an interesting potential of makings sorta Diablo-themed FPS/RPG mix.
Have you seen the Diablo 3D project yet? Diablo 1 was made into episode 1, and Diablo 2's Acts 2-4 are episodes 2-5 respectively. Its nearly completed. Theres a new beta version out 0.8.
Sanctions

Post by Sanctions »

Nice to know, will check it out. However I'm not sure if the engine limitations will allow the full conversion to be done at max.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

================
UPDATES\FIXES:

a) naming structure of D1 monster type folders was optimised for easier sorting: _D1_%MonClass%_%MonSubClass%
b) D1-2 Naming Legend has been updated
c) D1 MonType Legend updated - sprites of a some spells was added

IF - Inferno
AB - Acid Blast
MB - Magma Ball
LG - Lightning
TL - TrueLightning (mage)
d) D1-2 sfx updated
Added SEE speech to Leoric sfx.
"The warmth of life has entered my tomb. Prepare yourself, mortal, to serve my Master for eternity! (laughs)"

Butcher sfx splitted up from Overlords, also added new attack sfx and his famous SEE speech.
"Ah... Fresh meat!"

Added SEE speeches to Duriel sfx.
"Looking for Baal!?"
"I am your doom!!" (not used in game)
e) Spider Lord sprites fixed
====================
NEW ENTERIES:

Diablo 1
SPELLS
Acid Blast
Inferno
Lightning
TrueLightning (mage)
Magma Ball

MONSTERS
all Magma Demons w sfx
all Vipers w sfx
all Lightning Demons w sfx
all Balrogs w sfx
all Succubi w sfx
sfx only:
Diablo sfx

Diablo 2
Blood Raven w sfx
Griswold w sfx
Spectre w sfx
Willowisp aka Gloam w sfx
Fingermage w sfx
Frozen Horror w sfx
Andariel w sfx
sfx only:
Zombies sfx
Countess sfx
Mephisto sfx
Diablo sfx
=================
_Ethereal_Party_0.JPG
_Demonic_Party.JPG
_Sluty_Party_1.JPG
2irontusk341:
Actually I read forum threads almost everyday and you can always leave specific request here or PM to me about.
Btw, give credits to signor Ogodei please, because without his work we are hasn't got de-shaded D1 sprites in close times.
irontusk341 wrote:Curious, Were you able to convert Mephisto and Diablo into sprites?
Unfortunately I have a bad news about it. Since the Mephisto, Baal and D2_Diablo sprites are consist from 2 types of graphic format files (.dc6 AND .dcc) simultaneously, I can't transfer its sprites now, sorry. :(

If say precisely, I can do all D2_Diablo and Baal sprites actually with except of dying (DT) animation (due its files are .dc6), but can add a temporary (?) corpse (DD) sprites instead, if you want it. Meanwhile the Mephisto sprites constructed from .dc6 up to 90% of files; I have spent almost two weeks in seeking solution to extracting of Meph sprites and here are all (and the most useful) of I could to find about it:
Damn. But I'll try to get Di\Baal DT and Meph sprites.

A second bad news that the Di2 bestiary is incredibly rich and since DECORATE have 4-letter naming limitation, so I can't imagine how to place all of them with their unique names in a 1 wad file. :?
For example in the Diablo 2 the Fallen might be generated with a 3 types of weapon and 3 types of off-hand, so as you can see there are 9 types of possible basic sprites for the Fallen, and it even without counting of paletted types (Carver, Devilkin, Dark One, Warped One), so maximum of possible basic sprites for Fallen class are 45... what strightly mean what you should use 45 unique names! And they aren't most complicated mobs - Corrupt Rogues takes hundreds of!!!

Well, for now I have only are two ways to solve it:
Spoiler:
Any thoughts, suggestions about Di2?

Oh. What about D1_Diablo sprites - they are already done with exception of DT sprites. Each direction of DT sprite have consist from 65(!) frames in totall of 520, and since frames naming limited by 26 letters I must remove 39 frames at least. Stay tuned.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

ill have to add Ogodei to the credits on the coming patch, 0.9 should be released by april 7th... Ill introduce those sprites to the mod. thanks again! :)
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Hi there!

1. I did solve a few troubles with sprites:
a) I has found at last a way how to extract .dc6 Di2 sprites (Diablo\Meph\Baal). ^_^
b) With help of one dude from RDC, whose knowed as MyNameIs, I finally solve my old trouble with transparency of sprites effects.
2. In the same time I had spent a some time on DECORATE practice and as result did made a three boss-actors with vanilla Diablo abilities (it's a more tricky and deadly than vanilla Diablo bosses actually, he-he-he):

D1 Butcher

D1 Diablo

D2 Diablo

You can grab it from the "Monster-ACTOR wads" spoiler section of the first post.

3. And finally a new sprites:
=================
UPDATES:
Fingermage missile sprites (SS) added

Apocalypse cast sound (DiabSS) was added

D1 Naming Legend\Used tools\Credits sections was updated
=================
NEW ENTERIES:

Diablo 1
MONSTERS
all Zombies w sfx
all Hidden w sfx
all Gargoyles w sfx
all Horned Demons w sfx
all Spitting Terrors w sfx
sprites only:
all Overlords
DIABLO himself

Diablo 2
Regurgitator aka Maw Fiend w sfx
The Smith\Hephasto w sfx
sprites only:
DIABLO himself
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Hi there!

1. I did solve a few troubles with sprites:
a) I has found at last a way how to extract .dc6 Di2 sprites (Diablo\Meph\Baal). ^_^
b) With help of one dude from RDC, whose knowed as MyNameIs, I finally solve my old trouble with transparency of sprites effects.
2. In the same time I had spent a some time on DECORATE practice and as result did made a three boss-actors with vanilla Diablo abilities (it's a more tricky and deadly than vanilla Diablo bosses actually, he-he-he):

D1 Butcher

D1 Diablo

D2 Diablo

You can grab it from the "Monster-ACTOR wads" spoiler section of the first post.

3. And finally a new sprites:
=================
UPDATES:
Fingermage missile sprites (SS) added

Apocalypse cast sound (DiabSS) was added

D1 Naming Legend\Used tools\Credits sections was updated
=================
NEW ENTERIES:

Diablo 1
MONSTERS
all Zombies w sfx
all Hidden w sfx
all Gargoyles w sfx
all Horned Demons w sfx
all Spitting Terrors w sfx
sprites only:
all Overlords
DIABLO himself

Diablo 2
Regurgitator aka Maw Fiend w sfx
The Smith\Hephasto w sfx
sprites only:
DIABLO himself
Thanks for all the hard work.. i did turn down the attack speed and custom melee attacks on the Butcher since he is a early miniboss, for balancing.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Frenzied Frenzytaurs are so frenzy...

Will published on current week probably, just want to a bit polish visual part and make them a more destructive. Also by request can be extracted sprites with 2-axes\2-flails and\or with(out) different armour parts.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Thats pretty brutal dude. :)

Return to “Resources”