RAGE 2: Post-Apocalyptic Boogaloo

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Jeimuzu73

RAGE 2: Post-Apocalyptic Boogaloo

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Bethesda decides to throw one of its nearly forgotten franchises a bone, and it looks like a joint effort between id and Avalanche Studios. I hope it becomes 50% off as advertised in the first game. ;-)

insightguy

Re: RAGE 2: Post-Apocalyptic Boogaloo

Post by insightguy »

Screw it, if they can make it as good as doom 2016 was then I'm game.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

So Borderlands changed its aesthetic mid-development to differentiate itself more from Rage, Fallout 3 & other games that had been recently released or were in development that had a post-apoc setting, and now Rage 2 changes its aesthetic in a way that closely resembles Borderlands.

Huh.

And is it just me, or does that boomerang at ~1:18 in the European trailer seem a little like Turok's Cerebral Bore? Rage 1 might've had that, but its been a while since that came out and I can't say I remember it that well.
Last edited by amv2k9 on Sat May 19, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i was gonna say, wasn't Borderlands the "funny wasteland shooter with a colorful style and RPG elements?" the trailer seems like it has a bit of an identity crisis to me. i haven't even played the original Rage, so i can't comment on the shift in tone, but i don't remember the original being this "colorful."
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Rage was somewhere inbetween goofy and gritty, not conforming to either. It was overall a fairly mediocre game, but it had some of its own identity at the very least.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

If Rage 1 had a baby with Borderlands, it would look something like this. Not dissappointed, I actually enjoyed the first Rage.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I was rather disappointed with Rage. It is solid as far as production values go, but the gameplay left me cold. It obviously had the huge problem that it came out after Borderlands and Fallout 3 and had a similar style, and now they made it even more like Borderlands... Heh. I also remember the last level that said "screw the open-world vehicle-centered gameplay" and put the player in a series of incredibly generic-looking high-tech base corridors with wave after wave of the same type of enemy for far too long.

Still, the gunplay and boomerang-throwing was kinda fun, I hope they will improve on their first effort and make it something unique.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

I honestly think this look much better than Borderlands. First Borderlands were stylized to look somewhat like comic book because they coudn't make it distinct by design itself. Borderlands 2 and beyond went too much overboard with everything and I think even the gameplay was worse than the first one (too much emphasis on RPG skills and loot, very little on player skill). Rage 2 looks like it nailed the little bit over the top not that serious look without outright becoming stylized parody like Borderlands. Also it looks like they finally added more enemy types than the two that were in first Rage and since that was the biggest problem the first game had... I am fine with that. Looking forward to this.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

More gameplay footage from E3:
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

A bump for the few still interested in this game, myself included. The game does look like the love child of Bulletstorm, Borderlands and Mad Max, which is awesome. Unfortunately, it’s said to be released solely on the Bethesda Launcher, which kinda sucks for Steam users like me.

Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I appreciate the sense of humour this game is showing, even if it tends to be quite slapstick.

I am tentatively hopeful about this title. Although this amount of neon pink hurts my brain :p

Return to “Off-Topic”