[Mini Mod] Map Cheater v1.0

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

[Mini Mod] Map Cheater v1.0

Post by Cyanide »

Hi guys. :)
After playing a lot of QC:DE I noticed that the automap is changed after getting 100% kills (as if you've gotten a Computer Automap) and again when getting 100% secrets (as if you've typed IDDT twice). I thought that feature was quite handy, so I made this ultra small mod/mutator which does the same. It should be compatible with nearly anything.

Download Filesize < 1Kb

I have to thank & credit both DBThanatos (for the idea itself) and Spaceman333 (as I've used his code from All Clear Message as a base).

EDIT 07-08-18
- I've stopped working on this mod since m8f has made a similar mod that puts this one to shame. :) Check it out!
Last edited by Cyanide on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman333

Re: [Mini Mod] Map Cheater v1.0

Post by Spaceman333 »

Can I request a version that gives the super map (IDDT twice) at start?

I often play secretless oblige maps with the goal to exterminate all monsters, even if I reach the exit well before doing so. Its common for me to miss a monster that was standing behind a silly crate or a dead-end corner when rampaging through the area the first time around, so having this would save me the trouble of typing IDDT twice each time I play.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Spaceman333 wrote:Can I request a version that gives the super map (IDDT twice) at start?
Doesn't double IDDT carry over between maps? :?

Anyways, here you go!

EDIT: Spaceman333 has uploaded a better version of this 4 posts below!
Last edited by Cyanide on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Cyanide wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:Can I request a version that gives the super map (IDDT twice) at start?
Doesn't double IDDT carry over between maps? :?

Anyways, here you go!
Thank you!! :wub:

IDDT does indeed carry over between maps, but not between playthroughs and not when I load a save. I chew through playthroughs pretty fast, usually an hour or two of nonstop monster murder with no keys, no secrets and all paths open for traversal and filled with hundreds of demons, health pickups, guns and ammo.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

@Spaceman333
What I did is to bind "give allmap" to numpad 8 and "am_cheat 0-2" to numpad 4-6 respectively. What this does is allow me to get a computer area map on demand and disable or choose one of the two IDDT modes with the press of a key. Under automap options I also set the color for monsters to red, non counting to blue, friends to green, normal items to yellow and counted to pink and everything else to black instead of the default white to allow for better readibility. Hope this can be of help to you :)

EDIT: To show actors on the map without revealing the layout, try "give scanner" ;)
Last edited by StroggVorbis on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

DabbingSquidward wrote:@Spaceman333
What I did is to bind "give allmap" to numpad 8 and "am_cheat 0-2" to numpad 4-6 respectively. What this does is allow me to get a computer area map on demand and disable or choose one of the two IDDT mods with the press of a key. Under automap options I also set the color for monsters to red, non counting to blue, friends to green, normal items to yellow and counted to pink and everything else to black instead of the default white to allow for better readibility. Hope this can be of help to you :)

EDIT: To show actors on the map without revealing the layout, try "give scanner" ;)
That is super helpful, Thank you! :D
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

The "reveal-map-and-enemies-at-start" version of the mod didn't account for the limited duration of the powerscanner, so I fixed it.
SuperMap_IDDT_2x.pk3
Fixed to have infinite duration.
(915 Bytes) Downloaded 157 times

Return to “Gameplay Mods”