Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Void Weaver

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by Void Weaver »

AvzinElkein wrote:
Valherran wrote:The nothexenpatch is always supposed to be loaded first if you aren't playing on Hexen.
Before Wrath of Cronos itself?
Image The loading line sequences are still the same (with except of "wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3" for Heretic only and "wrathofcronosr2c_extramonsv12.pk3" only for Doom), like as published in the first post of topic. This has been wrote hundreds times here.
The irontusk's fixed version ("wrathofcronosr2D2.pk3") didn't change any loading sequences.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Are you sure? I used the order recommended, and I still got the error:

P.s. another error:
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

This is what the Load order SHOULD BE.

gzdoom -file wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2d2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3 -iwad Heretic.wad

Do not use the Extra monsters pack ((wrathofcronosr2c_extramonsv12.pk3)) for Heretic... Its only made for doom.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

2AvzinElkein: Looks that troubles on your side:
Loading order:<br />gzdoom -file -iwad heretic wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2D2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3
Loading order:
gzdoom -file -iwad heretic wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2D2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3
Loading order:<br />gzdoom -file -iwad doom2 wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2D2.pk3 wrathofcronosdoompatch2.pk3
Loading order:
gzdoom -file -iwad doom2 wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2D2.pk3 wrathofcronosdoompatch2.pk3
However, "wrathofcronosdoomrandom2c2.pk3" and "wrathofcronosr2c_extramonsv12.pk3" Doom modules are still incompatible with newest GZDoom, because they are still need to be fixed.

Can you place your loading line(s) here?

2irontusk341: Btw, dude, what you think about opening another WoC thread, somethink like "IronTusk's Wrath of Cronos fork"? Because:
a) your "wrathofcronosr2d2.pk3" file isn't sticked to the 1st post, so it will be lost periodically;
b) it's still officially Thetis's thread, despite that person doesn't shows any activity, with except of seldom reading PMs at least;
c) Doom modules are still need to be fixed, like as the 1st weapons bug.

Ninjad by irontusk.
Last edited by Void Weaver on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

On a side note... i am working on adding Difficulty levels to Wrath of Cronos BUT.... the WOC health bars disappear... what am i missing in the code? WorldendDominator? Void Weaver?
Attachments
woc2.jpg
woc.jpg
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Maybe you just forget to set HUD scaling? Also I see enabled alt-HUD on the 1st screen.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I think I was using ZDL to launch the thing. Also, using GZDoom 3.4.0
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Didn't tested with GZDoom 3.4.0 yet; but ZDL use loading order too, files on top loads in first order, IIRC.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Also, in 3.4.0, Enfeeble's broken.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

How did you comes to such conclusion?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I tried using it on an Ettin.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Maybe you just forget to set HUD scaling? Also I see enabled alt-HUD on the 1st screen.
YEP.... That did it.. Thanks!
on GZDOOM 3.4, I tested the first level of Diablo 3D on TORMENT difficulty as a barb (Fighter) and it took 2 hits from a skelly to kill me... Monsters have 30% more Hitpoints on Torment Difficulty.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

irontusk341 wrote:
Void Weaver wrote:Maybe you just forget to set HUD scaling? Also I see enabled alt-HUD on the 1st screen.
YEP.... That did it.. Thanks!
on GZDOOM 3.4, I tested the first level of Diablo 3D on TORMENT difficulty as a barb (Fighter) and it took 2 hits from a skelly to kill me... Monsters have 30% more Hitpoints on Torment Difficulty.
^_^ You should to better balance it, because I just can't imagine how to play in massacrewads with a such DamageFactor... especially for melee oriented classes.

Btw, I can confirm AvzinElkein's bugreport: Enfeeble is totally broken now. :( It just doesn't apply to target due a some to-script error: "ACS: i don't know what glassshatter is". Also "Terrify" and "Chaos" skills are broken too - didn't applies on targets but without any error messages.
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Huh. I don't see anything similar to "glassshatter" in the script or in necro skill actors.

As for why they don't work, it may be that the update changed something related to those skills' checks - IsFriendly and/or CheckInventory.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

worldendDominator wrote:Huh. I don't see anything similar to "glassshatter" in the script or in necro skill actors.

As for why they don't work, it may be that the update changed something related to those skills' checks - IsFriendly and/or CheckInventory.
I don't see anything similar too.
worldendDominator wrote:As for why they don't work, it may be that the update changed something related to those skills' checks - IsFriendly and/or CheckInventory.
Yep, he just "fix" "ISFRIEND" by deleting appropriate lines, lol. :\
Use:
//line 265// TNT1 A 0 //A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(WOC_DECORATE,STATS,ISFRIEND,ACTIVATOR) == 0, "Healing")
Stop
2irontusk341: Dude, didn't you know that you can't just delete code fragments? I sure, that's cause now a lot of bugs and broken skills\features as result. Obviously, you must find a way how to fix (or to correctly replace) "ISFRIEND" argument.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”