where to post creations

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

where to post creations

Postby shadstarn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:33 pm

where do i post skin packs for mods?

i might do a gift to a maker with my own version of his own guns .. where do i post that?
i am afraid to post on his page

also can someone help me is there any # potection" if i make a mod how can i avoid people who are more skilled then i just steal it and make it and not give me credits nor mention?
shadstarn
Banned User

Re: where to post creations

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:05 pm

shadstarn wrote:where do i post skin packs for mods?

i might do a gift to a maker with my own version of his own guns .. where do i post that?

Start a thread in Graphics/Sounds Patches, if your work is only new graphics or sounds. Make sure to link back to the original thread.

also can someone help me is there any # potection" if i make a mod how can i avoid people who are more skilled then i just steal it and make it and not give me credits nor mention?

There's no way to lockdown your work. If someone steals it, you can ask them to stop. If they refuse, then that's their problem.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Kinsie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:44 pm

shadstarn wrote:i might do a gift to a maker with my own version of his own guns .. where do i post that?

"Where do I post my own versions of someone else's things, and how do I prevent people from doing the same to my things?"
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby shadstarn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:32 pm

no if i do something i do always credit the creator ...im not going to say its mine by any means only a idiot artist would let himself do something like that..
shadstarn
Banned User

Postby shadstarn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:33 pm

i will also promote the creator and not hide his work... for a honorable artist that is not hard to do ... if i colaborate with someone then i will say that too.,i mean what is the fun if we dont share creators rights
shadstarn
Banned User

Postby shadstarn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:33 pm

i meant share creators right... i meant to express the creators who did work on the mod no matter how old hte edit is... unless the creator clearly allowes you to not mention his work.
shadstarn
Banned User

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:37 pm

It'd probably be best if you put all your thoughts into one post, instead of posting them one-by-one.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby shadstarn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:06 pm

i came to those thoughts after and you are moderating my posts so i cant edit them sorry wildman
shadstarn
Banned User

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:10 pm

shadstarn wrote:i came to those thoughts after and you are moderating my posts so i cant edit them sorry wildman

Then make absolutely sure you are finished writing your post before you click Submit. Or wait until one of us approves the post, then you can edit it (and it'll go back to approval again).
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Rachael » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Shadstarn:

You have a pretty long history here of testing people's patience - particularly moderators. You do a lot of pretty crazy things, but after being asked to stop you continue to do them.

I know and understand language barrier, I know you don't always understand us - but I feel like you don't really put a lot of effort into understanding us, particularly when we become moderators and we have to do our job and remove you - you put the blame on us, instead of trying to understand what it is that got you removed.

Obviously, leaving you unrestrained has caused us a bit of issues, and that's why we had to throw you into the moderator queue for all your posts. You're not the only one who this happens to - so don't take it personally. But that should clearly indicate to you that there's a problem. Why doesn't it? And why aren't you willing to address these issues?

You strike me as pretty young, and by itself there is nothing wrong with that, but please understand this forum is here for everyone, not just you. You seem to be genuinely interested in contributing to this community and creating your own stuff - and that is something I applaud of you. I am looking forward to seeing the things you create. That being said, if you have trouble understanding us, you already know where we are in Discord - don't be afraid to ask for clarification.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Postby Cyanide » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:19 pm

shadstarn wrote:also can someone help me is there any # potection" if i make a mod how can i avoid people who are more skilled then i just steal it and make it and not give me credits nor mention?

Aren't you the same guy who's asking for someone to create a version of Shades of Doom with one added feature?
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Postby shadstarn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:16 pm

i had to post many because i couldnt edit mine since weasel was editing or reviewing them and i had no choice .. it was confusing ...

also
are we allowed to post mods we do to current mods as long as we are crediting the people who made the mod oirignally?
shadstarn
Banned User

Postby 0mrcynic0 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:57 pm

About time he got banned for good. He's stirring up crap every time I encounter his posts on different threads.

Even when I warned him through PM that he shouldn't derail threads, he's acting as if he's done nothing wrong.
0mrcynic0
Deliciously shiny

Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness