The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
insightguy

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by insightguy »

irontusk341 wrote:Spiders on the other hand... ill go full on berserk on that. lol

They can be adorable too
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Snakes and Spiders are not our enemy. Cockroaches are our true enemy. You all will agree on this one.
lil'devil

Post by lil'devil »

Yeah, cockroaches, from what I know, can carry diseases, so there's a reason why you should be afraid of them. Although, even then, they might only be a problem if you live on the bottom floor of the house.
Gez

Post by Gez »

irontusk341 wrote:i still cant understand why people are afraid of them.... Spiders on the other hand... ill go full on berserk on that. lol
Venom.

Snakes and spiders can both be a lot more dangerous than they look like, so having a sort of instinctive fear of them makes sense.

Personally, I'm okay with snakes and spiders, but I can't stand centipedes. (Millipedes are okay though.)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I've never been envenomed by centipedes despite encountering them multiple times. However, I've been bitten by a Black Widow spider before, and that was not a fun few weeks. (People WAY overestimate the deadliness factor of being bit by one, but it's still very serious when it happens - it really can only kill you if it's very lucky, or you are very weak to begin with)

But yeah, centipedes are really creepy, I remember feeling very crept out the first time I saw one, and I killed it. It was only afterward that I looked up what it was, and to NOT kill them, because keeping them alive would mean I'd see less other bugs. Sure enough, I had at least 2 more centipede visitors, I let them be, and they were basically the last bugs I saw while I lived in that house.

Spiders are basically the same way. The real trick to co-existing with them is to not let them establish a territory where you normally roam - but otherwise, let them establish their webs, let them feed on the other bugs that come to visit you, and you will very quickly come to love them when you leave them alive.

As for snakes, I only ever saw like 3 in my life so I don't have a lot of experience with them, and two were pet boas. The third was a random garter snake that was more scared of me than I of it and it basically darted away when it saw me.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i know i shouldn't fear spiders, but their appearance really freaks me out. thankfully Sweden is pretty exempt from the bigger ones, the largest one i recall seeing in the wild was about the palm of my hand.

i have no issues with reptiles of any kinds, and i think snakes are really cool. not even the giant anacondas are that much of a human threat, from what i hear, because they're not aggressive creatures, but defensive, meaning they don't attack people unprovoked.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i know i shouldn't fear spiders, but their appearance really freaks me out.
I guess most people are kind of freaked out by the compound eyes and the fact that it has 8 legs. that and it's hard to anthropomorphize it (personality wise I mean) compared to other things.
lil'devil

Post by lil'devil »

I'm not afraid of spiders, but I've developed a paranoia of large spiderwebs in forests, after I got my face caught in a few of them. Seriously, I jump every time I suddenly notice a spiderweb less then a meter away from me. That's the thing about them - really hard to see in the distance, but suddenly become visible right when you're about to walk in one. Really creepy.

Oh, and I got lucky to see a palm-sized spider in a countryside, in my relatives' garden. No idea how the heck it got there, because spiders of this size usually don't exist in my region. It wasn't scary for me at all, though, it was rather adorable, actually. Heh, it really looked like it got lost in the place and just crawled aimlessly.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Watching a load of Ashens videos of cheap-shit knockoff action figures (one of my favorite topics). He's one cheeky bloke.
Spoiler:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

>sees spider-related things

I seriously don't know how you don't fear them. I feel really ashamed of myself, but, DAMN.

When i had to get my things from an old apartment i lived on, there was this spider the size of my OPEN hand, and it was flat, like a thin sheet of paper. Shit. Gives me creeps just to think about. Whenever i see spiders around, or even creepy spiders on photos i start to look around and scratch myself.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

GAA1992 wrote:I seriously don't know how you don't fear them. I feel really ashamed of myself, but, DAMN.
Says the dude who made an entire mod dedicated to killing them like Rambo.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Exactly. Because it would be damn satistatory to me to mow 'em down. I know i wouldn't survive, however.
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Darsycho »

Spoiler: more gmod stuff
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Myes. Garry's Mod is still fun. Just open your imagination wide! (Also you have Serious Sam weapon addon as well.)
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Gez wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:i still cant understand why people are afraid of them.... Spiders on the other hand... ill go full on berserk on that. lol
Venom.

Snakes and spiders can both be a lot more dangerous than they look like, so having a sort of instinctive fear of them makes sense.

Personally, I'm okay with snakes and spiders, but I can't stand centipedes. (Millipedes are okay though.)
You put a centipede or millipede within my line of sight, and you'll see a grown man revert to a small child running, screaming, from something scary. Holy shit I cannot stand those things.

Return to “Off-Topic”