[WIP] Interstellar Enforcer - (Hiatus)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ReformedJoe

[WIP] Interstellar Enforcer - (Hiatus)

Post by ReformedJoe »

Back in the day I don't think people would have really gone for this whole "corporation as state" thing, but I guess back in the day they didn't have to deal with portals to hell ripping our dimension apart. When push comes to shove, if the throne is empty, somebody's going to go and sit on it. Just happened 200 years ago that it was the UAC. They call themselves a commonwealth now, their CEO a president, their shareholders are the public. All told they've done a decent job putting the pieces back together.

I don't think folks on earth during the invasion ever though we'd survive, let alone make it to the stars. Yet here we are. Those dark times have faded, but we must always remain watchful for the Old Enemy, lest he decide to return one day...

What is Interstellar Enforcer?
In a nutshell, IE is a mission based GZDOOM TC for DOOM II. Take doom, mix in a dose of unreal and turok, add a splash of metroid and maybe a little bit of system shock 2 and you'll not be far from the target. You play as an officer of the Interstellar Enforcement Patrol, tasked with policing the obscure fringes of humanities bustling space empire in the future of the DOOM II timeline. You generally do this by shooting things.

The demo release (grab it below!):
- Contains 2 full missions
- A handful of enemies, some with variants
- Less than half of the mods arsenal.
- Clocks in at around 2 hours of gameplay.

At completion:
- It will span 3 planets, each containing 3 missions + 1 secret mission. Missions can span multiple maps.
- 9 1/2 weapons, from a lowly plasma pistol to a starship killing antimatter gun.
- A bestiary, containing some old friends that have learned new tricks
- An upgrade system, allowing you to double jump or knock out bad dudes with a single swing of your fist

Download link:
Spoiler:
Videos:
Spoiler:
Additional Screens:
Spoiler:
Q/A:
Spoiler:
Credits:
Spoiler:
Last edited by ReformedJoe on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Re: [WIP] Interstellar Enforcer

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

Looks impressive.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Nice atmosphere. :)
R4L
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by R4L »

You have my attention. :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Mine too, this looks interesting
ReformedJoe

Post by ReformedJoe »

Thanks for the interest!
Put up another handful of screens. Very excited to finally release something and get some outside feedback. I'd say the demo is about 90% complete. There's an endless number of minor bugs and rough edges to be sanded down, but I'm pretty confident (famous last words) I'll have something out by the end of next month.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Looks cool can't wait to try it out.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Always wanted to see an Unreal-like mod done in the Doom engine. Looking forward to play this!
ZippeyKeys12

Post by ZippeyKeys12 »

Looks really cool, can't wait to play this :)
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

This is looking good im liking the idea of the mission based theme.
ReformedJoe

Re: [WIP] Interstellar Enforcer - (New Gameplay Video)

Post by ReformedJoe »

I've thrown together a (very) brief gameplay video showing some combat. You can watch it up in the OP, or if you're too lazy to scroll up, go ahead and click this here link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taViiUyVcHM
As it stands I've forced myself to lock in the features already present in the demo, and barring some disaster I'll be releasing it into the wild very soon(tm).
TDG

Post by TDG »

Oh this actually looks and sounds interesting, at first I was thinking it would be more Doom 2 esque complete with another demon invasion (I do hope demons won't be showing up, just human factions, alien creatures and intelligent aliens).

Edit: just re read the first post. Demons will be back, oh well.

I like how this is going to incorporate elements from games like Unreal and Metroid as those are some of my favorite games or game series.

While this is not canon of course it is nice to see a storyline that continues on the Doom timeline (I kind of imagined Wolfenstein and Doom being in the same universe), what has happened after the events of Doom 2.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

this reminds me a lot of turok not in the map sense but the guns have that turok vibe to them too

not feelin the plasma pistol tho
ReformedJoe

Post by ReformedJoe »

TDG wrote: Edit: just re read the first post. Demons will be back, oh well.
I've tried where possible to stray from the "666 cover of a heavy metal album" depiction of demons and hell. I'll say my concept of hell is a little more lovecraftian. They're under new management :) .

As an aside, have you played the AMC TC for Duke 3D? Sounds like it might be right up your alley!
chronoteeth wrote: not feelin the plasma pistol tho
Ooh, see this is sort of what I'm after. I've been staring at these resources and hearing these sounds for so long I've lost all ability to tell if they're good or not.
Is it the way it looks? Sounds? The general "feel" of it?
I'd be interested to know why you think this!
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Very impressive

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”