Making my own options menu

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
rebmaboss

Making my own options menu

Post by rebmaboss »

I'd like to be able to show a menu after a certain amount of time has passed. The user needs to choose the correct answer, like an RPG game. If the player chooses the right answer he'll get rewarded. If he chooses the wrong answer he'll lose health.

My goals:

1. The menu comes up after a certain amount of time has passed. I've taken care of the timer, I just need to know how to get the menu to show up
2. The menu does not need to look organized. It does not need to be like the "Quit_Game" yes/no menu. For example, special map-making techniques :) A silly "what were you thinking" menu is fine by me
3. Having said that, I prefer to use basic C++ and DECORATIONS. I'd rather not use scripts. However, if I need to use scripts I prefer ease over how good the menu looks
4. I know about STRIFE. I'd like to skip that kind of code if possible
5. I don't want the menu to be displayed on the console

Any ideas? Again, I'd like the easiest and most convenient way possible, even if it's messy
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Making my own options menu

Post by ramon.dexter »

Take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=52710

Return to “Scripting”