Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: Ultra-Crispy (Playable WIP)

Post by Valherran »

This way, you know.... you could have like an olde-timey version of the mod or something like that.
It would be cool if the weapons from both games were present, having advantages and perks over one another. Maybe find the old ones first before the new ones.
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

Valherran wrote:
This way, you know.... you could have like an olde-timey version of the mod or something like that.
It would be cool if the weapons from both games were present, having advantages and perks over one another. Maybe find the old ones first before the new ones.
That sounds pretty neat. For the pump-action shotgun, I think the secondary fire could be slamfiring the shotgun.

For the revolver, I think the secondary could be a fanning of the revolver's hammer.

For the Tommy Gun, I think the secondary could be shooting the gun in 180 degrees similar to the original Blood.

Not sure if the pitchfork will be included, if it is; I think the secondary for it, should be something like a pushback attack.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

I think it would be neat if the old timey weapons and newer weapons were split into 2 classes, with the old timey ones being generally slower but more damaging, and vice versa with the newer ones. And maybe even a "fuck it" class with all the weapons in it
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

That would be neat, I'd say that the "Fuck it" class should let you fire the old-timey weapons faster than the original "old-timey" class though.

And; I don't know why... but I think it'd be pretty cool if we did have 2 classes like that. I'm not sure if GAA1992 thinks this idea is cool though.

Old-timey: Pitchfork, Revolver, Sawn-off Double Barrel Shotgun, Pump-Action Shotgun, Tommy Gun, Bazooka, Exploding Spray Can, TNT, Voodoo Doll, and Portable Cannon (ala Serious Sam.)

Modern: A Red Chainsaw (maybe? You know, as an Evil Dead reference? Nah? Overthinking it eh?), Machete, Beretta M92FS, Sawn-off Shotgun, Jackhammer, MAC-11, Napalm Launcher, Leeching Heart, and Life Leech Staff.

The "Fuck it" class: Old-Timey and Modern mixed together.

Just my thoughts I suppose. :P
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Little change on plans:
complete-5.png
complete-5.png (16.87 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
The assault rifle was way too small for comparison. Hope this one pleases everybody. I am not 100% aware of who to credit besides Pillowblaster and Slax (front muzzle break), though.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Finally Assault rifle will be in the mod, huh? Would be nice if it has green stock/grip just like Blood 2 one, though!
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Hi. Nice mod, i have some ideas for weapons id like to share:

Idea 1: granade launcher for shotty. This mine dont work well, i think granade launcher will be better (using tnt ammo)

Idea 2: aerosol-like weapon but shoting something like steam or some kind of magic energy... you will no need make burning sprites for monsters to make it look good. B1 weapons mod have flamer maybe something like that?

Idea 3: Guard mode for life leech or energy beam for alt fire

Idea 4: Revolvers instead of berrettas

Idea 5: Pitchfork (b1 weapons mod have great electro pitchfork maybe something simillar?) or circual saw for second melee weapon

Idea 6: Slow regeneration for focus

How about that?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Hmm, is the Tesla Cannon going to be a constant stream of lightning as the primary fire?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

GAA1992 wrote:Little change on plans:
complete-5.png
The assault rifle was way too small for comparison. Hope this one pleases everybody. I am not 100% aware of who to credit besides Pillowblaster and Slax (front muzzle break), though.
gonna be sayin somethin that might be weird, but that gun sprite is just awful. not in the drawn sense, but its just almost too good if that makes sense. my mind wanders to mods where they take that base sprite and slap on a muzzle flash but using a combination of fancy effects and camera shifts + way too beefy firing sounds for it and you get a gun thats like gold: beautiful, but weak as hell
erni945

Post by erni945 »

complete-5.png
I like this assault rifle :) , do you plan to add a grenade launcher under the barrel like in m16?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

complete-5.png

just a thought
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

chronoteeth wrote: gonna be sayin somethin that might be weird, but that gun sprite is just awful. not in the drawn sense, but its just almost too good if that makes sense. my mind wanders to mods where they take that base sprite and slap on a muzzle flash but using a combination of fancy effects and camera shifts + way too beefy firing sounds for it and you get a gun thats like gold: beautiful, but weak as hell
So, you mean the sprite doesn't match the style of the art overall? I think i understand that.

EDIT: Nice sprite you've made, BTW! Liked it.

EDIT 2: Okay then, Round 3.
SSS4-CHGFB0-2.png
SSS4-CHGFB0-2.png (18.66 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
Does this looks better?
AdmiralAjax

Post by AdmiralAjax »

For some reason when I pick up the life leech staff, going to another weapon makes them invisible? I can fire them and everything, but the weapon and hands sprites won't be visible. Even switching back to the staff makes it invisible too.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

GAA1992 wrote:
chronoteeth wrote: gonna be sayin somethin that might be weird, but that gun sprite is just awful. not in the drawn sense, but its just almost too good if that makes sense. my mind wanders to mods where they take that base sprite and slap on a muzzle flash but using a combination of fancy effects and camera shifts + way too beefy firing sounds for it and you get a gun thats like gold: beautiful, but weak as hell
So, you mean the sprite doesn't match the style of the art overall? I think i understand that.

EDIT: Nice sprite you've made, BTW! Liked it.

EDIT 2: Okay then, Round 3.
SSS4-CHGFB0-2.png
Does this looks better?
"Now that doesn't sound good..."

this looks better! add an underbarrel Grenade Launcher, and it's now a perfect Blood 2 Assault Rifle!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

AdmiralAjax wrote:For some reason when I pick up the life leech staff, going to another weapon makes them invisible? I can fire them and everything, but the weapon and hands sprites won't be visible. Even switching back to the staff makes it invisible too.
You are not the first, but, how come it works perfectly over here?

I mean, there's got to be something with the A_SetTranslucent command, it's the only thing that explains it. I think i am going to scrap the altfire and get rid of those commands in the deselect state.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”