Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: Ultra-Crispy (Playable WIP)

Post by Valherran »

This was pretty fun even though it is a WIP. The only thing that bothered me was the shotguns, could you please add a reload function and ammo counter for the shotguns, and in the future anything else with a clip size? That would help sooo much.

And I see you have some more Blood 2 weapons coming in... Do you plan on just mixing and matching Blood 1 and 2 weapons into the arsenal? Or will it be possible to find the entire arsenal of Blood 1 and 2 and be able to use it?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

ykno dumb thing, but, i'd love to see the outstretched hands for the double shotguns that was in the blood alpha. the ones current just like, they're servicable, but you got these specific sprites and ya aint usin them for the dual wield?
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

where do you guys find gun sprites?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Does checking out credit texts sounds helpful? Then gotta check 'em out.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I tested Ultra Crispy today on ZBlood and I admit it was a great experience, but I have some suggestions for current weapons and equipment

1. Machete - looks great and fits Caleb perfectly but I think that you could use more of its potential by adding the possibility of throwing it in opponents that would after a while come back like a boomerang

2.Beretta - I think that you do not have to do anything, everything in my opinion is ok

3.Sawed Off - Shotgun - here I also think that everything is ok, I do not think that you could change the color of scales to standard red

4.Jackhammer - I really like this weapon and sound :D , but I think that you can change here an alternative shot on the "Dragon Breath" shot or fire shot. This would be more useful and more fun,and I think it would be good if you added shell casings, of course red :wink:

5.Mac10 - I do not know what to change here because it seems to me that everything is ok, the silencer is a good thing if you want to get somebody quiet

6. Dynamite - generally I think it is, but maybe it would be better if you divided it into plain and on the one with the sensor as in the original blood?

7.Napalm Launcher - here I have nothing to complain about except one thing, maybe the second shot would throw more fragments?

6. Heart - here there is nothing to change in my opinion

7.Life Leech - here the first shot I think is ok but the second I do not understand a bit because I noticed that Caleb has changed in something but I do not know very well, so maybe the second shot caused the transformation into the beast as it was in Plasma Pack?

Next, when it comes to the equipment, I do not understand just what they give to these objects (+30 Focus), does it increase accuracy after them?, And besides, I think that in Doom, I can collect all items and use them later. I really like I'm in your mods that you add compatibility with other games, it gives you more fun and possibilities to play :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Time to answer!!!
xenoxols wrote:This is really cool! My two complaints are the dual wielding/TNT weapon slots, and Caleb's sleeve looks like it's leather. If it's possible, could you eventually add a CVAR for a revolver instead of a Beretta?
Could it be made as an add-on? It would be easier to me. :)
Korell wrote:Just tried it out with the various WAD files, and to try out the different weapons. Love the feel of the weapons and Caleb's voice lines. :)

A couple of issues that I've noticed. Firstly, when playing Heretic or Hexen there is no visible menu selector on the main menu (but in Doom, Freedoom and Hacx 2.0 you get the skull icon). Secondly, the HUD appears to be set for a 16:9 resolution, so on my current 16:10 screen the edges are cut off. Whilst the normal HUD only loses a small part of the decorative gargoyle at the left, the fullscreen HUD loses parts of the numbers at either edge, and further to this, the HUD doesn't change size when you change the HUD scaling values.
I don't know how to make that damn icon to appear on Heretic/Hexen :(
About the HUD, i'll try to make it more customizable.
Gideon020 wrote:Heh, possible flavor suggestions:
1. Blood-themed difficulty names
2. Have the score screen after each level do the Blood 'chorus of screams' track.
Thanks! Will do something.
namsan wrote:I think there are too few explosive ammunition. I want to use flare guns and napalm cannons more, but there are not enough ammunition.
And I also think there are too many dynamites.
Dynamites are good for nearby enemies, but useless against far enemies. So I don't need them too much.(I love dynamites, though)

Currently, explosive ammo and dynamites are spawning in the ratio of 6:4 in this mod.
So I think 8:2 or 7:2 are more balanced choice for this.
Great! Will experiment that.
Valherran wrote:This was pretty fun even though it is a WIP. The only thing that bothered me was the shotguns, could you please add a reload function and ammo counter for the shotguns, and in the future anything else with a clip size? That would help sooo much.

And I see you have some more Blood 2 weapons coming in... Do you plan on just mixing and matching Blood 1 and 2 weapons into the arsenal? Or will it be possible to find the entire arsenal of Blood 1 and 2 and be able to use it?
Thanks! I'll try to display the avaiable shells in each shotgun, for better handling. About the weapons, it stands more like the first option: i want to make a linear number of weapons from both games, not too many from the first, not too many from the second.
chronoteeth wrote:ykno dumb thing, but, i'd love to see the outstretched hands for the double shotguns that was in the blood alpha. the ones current just like, they're servicable, but you got these specific sprites and ya aint usin them for the dual wield?
unnnnn, sorry for not understanding, but which sprites you want me to use?
shadstarn wrote:where do you guys find gun sprites?
The "Resources" thread is full of content. Give it a search and you'll be amazed about how many things you can find there.
erni945 wrote:I tested Ultra Crispy today on ZBlood and I admit it was a great experience, but I have some suggestions for current weapons and equipment

1. Machete - looks great and fits Caleb perfectly but I think that you could use more of its potential by adding the possibility of throwing it in opponents that would after a while come back like a boomerang

3.Sawed Off - Shotgun - here I also think that everything is ok, I do not think that you could change the color of scales to standard red

4.Jackhammer - I really like this weapon and sound :D , but I think that you can change here an alternative shot on the "Dragon Breath" shot or fire shot. This would be more useful and more fun,and I think it would be good if you added shell casings, of course red :wink:

6. Dynamite - generally I think it is, but maybe it would be better if you divided it into plain and on the one with the sensor as in the original blood?

7.Napalm Launcher - here I have nothing to complain about except one thing, maybe the second shot would throw more fragments?

7.Life Leech - here the first shot I think is ok but the second I do not understand a bit because I noticed that Caleb has changed in something but I do not know very well, so maybe the second shot caused the transformation into the beast as it was in Plasma Pack?

Next, when it comes to the equipment, I do not understand just what they give to these objects (+30 Focus), does it increase accuracy after them?, And besides, I think that in Doom, I can collect all items and use them later. I really like I'm in your mods that you add compatibility with other games, it gives you more fun and possibilities to play :D
By order:

3 - by scales you mean, casings? If yes, let's say i want to keep just this thing like it is. The only game i remember having green casings for the shotgun is Turok 1, and that was somewhat remarkable to me. Shotguns have red casings everywhere, and i wanted to swim against the tides =p

Also, the Jackhammer doesn't spits casings IRL as far as i know.

6 - You say you want two different dynamites for each function? That would be true to Blood, sure, but it leaves open room for altfires, so i wanted to join both and make the TNT somewhat versatile.

7 - I find it dangerous, but i can make the clusters bounce a little less.

8 - The altfire of the Life Leech is a very very half-ass done thing, and i admit it. I wanted to do something like the Altfire from Blood 2, but lacked resources or ideas on how to do it. It was meant to give you the ability to deflect projectiles (as seen on quit messages) and give you a whole lot of strength, just like a berserk pack. Since this is somewhat OP, it consumes Focus (i'll will explain below) on each attack.

Focus is the name of a kind of magic power, or mana in Blood 2. Weapons like the orb, the flayer or the life leech use it and i wanted to make it work as fuel for magical weapons in Ultra Crispy.
Juste_ssgunner wrote:nice wad its very fun
good job :)
i like the shotguns
Cyanide wrote:This is great so far! Always a fan of a weapon mod, that doesn't mess around with the monsters. :D

Looking forward to future updates.
Thanks for all the suggestions, and thanks for playing! With so many new things to work on, i think i gotta take the entire weekend to do this!!!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

How about the secondary fire of the Life Leech is the one for Blood 1? Plop it on the ground and watch as it acts as a turret? When it runs out of ammo, it returns to your hand?
Korell

Post by Korell »

GAA1992 wrote:
Korell wrote:Firstly, when playing Heretic or Hexen there is no visible menu selector on the main menu (but in Doom, Freedoom and Hacx 2.0 you get the skull icon).
If I were to take a guess, I'd say it is because the menu selector sprites for Doom and Heretic/Hexen are named differently.
In Doom the selector has two sprites named M_SKULL1 and M_SKULL2.
In Heretic and Hexen the selector has two sprites named M_SLCTR1 and M_SLCTR2.

However, your ANIMDEFS file only references the Doom M_SKULL1 to replace it with your three sprites, CB_CUR1, CB_CUR2 and CB_CUR3.

Code: Select all

// Doom menu cursor
texture optional M_SKULL1
pic CB_CUR1 tics 3
pic CB_CUR2 tics 3
pic CB_CUR3 tics 6
pic CB_CUR2 tics 3
pic CB_CUR1 tics 3
This said, though, I've tried copying the original M_SLCTR1 and M_SLCTR2 files into your PK3 and adding the default Heretic/Hexen menu cursor animdefs, but that didn't work, and I've tried creating one using your code above but referencing M_SLCTR1, and that didn't work either. I might be missing something, though.
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

Awesome weapon choices!

Out of curiosity, do you plan on adding in a pump-action shotgun or cannon in the future? (as an optional addon) I know that sounds a wee bit Serious Sam. But eh, just a thought I guess. xD

And, also there has to be a secret to how all of your weapons mods are so good! :P
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

TheEternalStruggler wrote:Awesome weapon choices!

Out of curiosity, do you plan on adding in a pump-action shotgun or cannon in the future? (as an optional addon) I know that sounds a wee bit Serious Sam. But eh, just a thought I guess. xD

And, also there has to be a secret to how all of your weapons mods are so good! :P
There's no need for a pump-action shotgun since the Jackhammer fills that role (or the sawn-off).
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

GAA1992 wrote:Time to answer!!!
xenoxols wrote:This is really cool! My two complaints are the dual wielding/TNT weapon slots, and Caleb's sleeve looks like it's leather. If it's possible, could you eventually add a CVAR for a revolver instead of a Beretta?
Could it be made as an add-on? It would be easier to me. :)
Korell wrote:Just tried it out with the various WAD files, and to try out the different weapons. Love the feel of the weapons and Caleb's voice lines. :)

A couple of issues that I've noticed. Firstly, when playing Heretic or Hexen there is no visible menu selector on the main menu (but in Doom, Freedoom and Hacx 2.0 you get the skull icon). Secondly, the HUD appears to be set for a 16:9 resolution, so on my current 16:10 screen the edges are cut off. Whilst the normal HUD only loses a small part of the decorative gargoyle at the left, the fullscreen HUD loses parts of the numbers at either edge, and further to this, the HUD doesn't change size when you change the HUD scaling values.
About the HUD, i'll try to make it more customizable.
Gideon020 wrote:Heh, possible flavor suggestions:
1. Blood-themed difficulty names
2. Have the score screen after each level do the Blood 'chorus of screams' track.
Thanks! Will do something.
namsan wrote:I think there are too few explosive ammunition. I want to use flare guns and napalm cannons more, but there are not enough ammunition.
And I also think there are too many dynamites.
Dynamites are good for nearby enemies, but useless against far enemies. So I don't need them too much.(I love dynamites, though)

Currently, explosive ammo and dynamites are spawning in the ratio of 6:4 in this mod.
So I think 8:2 or 7:2 are more balanced choice for this.
Great! Will experiment that.
Valherran wrote:This was pretty fun even though it is a WIP. The only thing that bothered me was the shotguns, could you please add a reload function and ammo counter for the shotguns, and in the future anything else with a clip size? That would help sooo much.

Thanks! I'll try to display the avaiable shells in each shotgun, for better handling. About the weapons, it stands more like the first option: i want to make a linear number of weapons from both games, not too many from the first, not too many from the second.
chronoteeth wrote:ykno dumb thing, but, i'd love to see the outstretched hands for the double shotguns that was in the blood alpha. the ones current just like, they're servicable, but you got these specific sprites and ya aint usin them for the dual wield?
unnnnn, sorry for not understanding, but which sprites you want me to use?
shadstarn wrote:where do you guys find gun sprites?
The "Resources" thread is full of content. Give it a search and you'll be amazed about how many things you can find there.
erni945 wrote:I tested Ultra Crispy today on ZBlood and I admit it was a great experience, but I have some suggestions for current weapons and equipment

By order:

3 - by scales you mean, casings? If yes, let's say i want to keep just this thing like it is. The only game i remember having green casings for the shotgun is Turok 1, and that was somewhat remarkable to me. Shotguns have red casings everywhere, and i wanted to swim against the tides =p

Also, the Jackhammer doesn't spits casings IRL as far as i know.

6 - You say you want two different dynamites for each function? That would be true to Blood, sure, but it leaves open room for altfires, so i wanted to join both and make the TNT somewhat versatile.

7 - I find it dangerous, but i can make the clusters bounce a little less.

8 - The altfire of the Life Leech is a very very half-ass done thing, and i admit it. I wanted to do something like the Altfire from Blood 2, but lacked resources or ideas on how to do it. It was meant to give you the ability to deflect projectiles (as seen on quit messages) and give you a whole lot of strength, just like a berserk pack. Since this is somewhat OP, it consumes Focus (i'll will explain below) on each attack.

Focus is the name of a kind of magic power, or mana in Blood 2. Weapons like the orb, the flayer or the life leech use it and i wanted to make it work as fuel for magical weapons in Ultra Crispy.
Juste_ssgunner wrote:nice wad its very fun
good job :)
i like the shotguns
Cyanide wrote:This is great so far! Always a fan of a weapon mod, that doesn't mess around with the monsters. :D

Looking forward to future updates.
Thanks for all the suggestions, and thanks for playing! With so many new things to work on, i think i gotta take the entire weekend to do this!!!
the outstretched hands made for dual wielding
from dzierzan
Attachments
b8lLya4.png
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Did I do those reloading sprites? I vaguely remember it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Same here. I don't think i saw that back then. A pure gold and it's mod-ready!
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

I find it really weird that when dual-wielded the sawn-offs do less damage per shell than they do when wielded singly, doing about the same amount of damage as the Jackhammer. I'm assuming this was some sort of attempt to balance them, but honestly it just makes them kind of useless because the Jackhammers do what they do but better since they fire faster and don't need to reload.
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:
TheEternalStruggler wrote:Awesome weapon choices!

There's no need for a pump-action shotgun since the Jackhammer fills that role (or the sawn-off).
I am aware. I was suggesting that the pump-action shotgun could be a CVAR to replace the Jackhammer (much like the Revolver would be a CVAR to the Beretta, and the TommyGun to the Mac11.)

This way, you know.... you could have like an olde-timey version of the mod or something like that.

I'm sure that's a lame idea for CVARs, and I'm sure we won't get CVARs. So I'll just respect the mod creators' wishes, after all GAA1992 is one of the best weapons mods people out there (besides Wildweasel, TerminusEst13, and Yholl.) :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”