Slomo Bullettime Ultimate (Universal Addon) [R3.1c fix]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Slomo Bullettime Ultimate (Universal Addon) [R3 Real Dea

Post by StroggVorbis »

Since GZDoom now has an i_timescale CVAR, is there a way it can be incorporated in future versions of this mod to allow for a true slow-mo/bullet-time effect?
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

kadu522 wrote:Well time to bump this tread :D

After playing with HD (Hideus destructor) mod. i noticed that useing weapon state keys for slo-mo way cause some problems with more complex mods.

While the mod itself works perfectly with no problems (useing the current stable) it has key overlap since all the guns in HD use all weapon-states in some way.
So is it posible to move the slo-mo to a exclusive key just for it. this would avoid control overlap problems.

I'm still useing this mod actively and i would love futher suport on this. :wub:
m8f wrote:Hi!
First, Spaceman333, thank you for making your addons! Monster Scouter was the first thing that I began tinkering with, so I can say that you, without knowing it, led me into modding.

Second, I propose a feature to Slomo Bullettime: external activation:
Spoiler:
What will this feature bring? Two things:
1. Possibility to add custom keybindings.
2. Cross-mod support. With this new CVar, some other mod, if it is loaded alongside, could toggle Slomo Bullettime in some suitable moments.
Man, I want to come back to modding and finally finish the upgrades, but real life has me pinned down currently. I'm definitely adding m8f's suggestion to the list of things I want to add, but in the near foreseeable future I have no idea when I'll be back.

Its really frustrating since I've got post-it notes with lists of the all the issues I need to fix in the slomo mod, I still want to revisit monster scouter to make the mk2 version of that and I also have another post-it note that had like 7-10 small projects I wanted to make for zdoom. Real life responsibilities suck, man.
DabbingSquidward wrote:Since GZDoom now has an i_timescale CVAR, is there a way it can be incorporated in future versions of this mod to allow for a true slow-mo/bullet-time effect?
I quickly tried looking into it, but I found this post from december:

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=58729

It seems like its only a debug cvar that isn't really usable. Is there some new recent gzdoom update that upgraded this cvar?
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Here is Slomo Bullettime with added external activation.
In this version, bullettime can be activated by setting "m8f_sm_externaltoggle" to true.
Also, in this version, any key can be binded for toggling bullettime.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

m8f wrote:Here is Slomo Bullettime with added external activation.
In this version, bullettime can be activated by setting "m8f_sm_externaltoggle" to true.
Also, in this version, any key can be binded for toggling bullettime.
Thank you again for making this. I just tested it out and it works flawlessly. I've now updated the first post with a link and some added information about this new version that is now officially the version 3.1 of this mod. :D
Silentdarkness12

Re: Slomo Bullettime Ultimate (Universal Addon) [m8f-Custom

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

This still doesn't work well with Hideous Destructor. It makes two keybinds. Slomo 1 and Slomo 2. Slomo 1 shares the keybind with HD's Unload Weapon. So....no. Still not working quite right. Unsure how to remove the first bind from the mod, but will try.
m8f

Post by m8f »

If you are up to editing ASC code, here is the solution:
Spoiler:
Silentdarkness12

m8f wrote:If you are up to editing ASC code, here is the solution:
Spoiler:
Nope. Still there. And yes I recompiled ACS. I also removed the keysection from KEYCONF, and yet it's still there for some unforeseeable reason.
m8f

Post by m8f »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Nope. Still there.
Try this.
Silentdarkness12

Now that's more like it. NOW it works fine. Much thank.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Wait, didn't unbinding the "Toggle Slomo" with backspace not work?

I thought the idea is that the player would only use one of the binds, Toggle Slomo or Toggle Slomo 2, using backspace in Customize Controls to unbind the first one and only using the second one.
Silentdarkness12

Spaceman333 wrote:Wait, didn't unbinding the "Toggle Slomo" with backspace not work?

I thought the idea is that the player would only use one of the binds, Toggle Slomo or Toggle Slomo 2, using backspace in Customize Controls to unbind the first one and only using the second one.
Wrong. Unbinding that will unbind any binds that are shared with it, too. So unbinding Slomo 1 causes HD's Unload Weapon function to also be unbound. They are one in the same. The new thing that just got put up, removing the first Slomo bind entirely, is good. Just rename Slomo 2 to just plain Slomo, and you have a fully compatible Slomo Bullettime mod, i'd say.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:Wait, didn't unbinding the "Toggle Slomo" with backspace not work?

Wrong. Unbinding that will unbind any binds that are shared with it, too. So unbinding Slomo 1 causes HD's Unload Weapon function to also be unbound. They are one in the same. The new thing that just got put up, removing the first Slomo bind entirely, is good. Just rename Slomo 2 to just plain Slomo, and you have a fully compatible Slomo Bullettime mod, i'd say.
Ah shit.

I'm gonna look at the new one, check it, edit if needed and put up the new link. Apologies for the mess up. Thanks for catching this.

EDIT: Oookay done.

Now the ModDB also has the updated version and it has the Keyconf file also edited to just say Toggle Slomo, instead of Toggle Slomo 2. The mediafire mirror contains the original m8f's that still calls the keybind Toggle Slomo 2. Otherwise they are identical files.
kadu522
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

Ask and you shaw recive!

Thanks for your great work. Now i can enjoy my horible deaths in hd in slomo action! (Without useing timescale but it works just fine)
Spaceman333

Re: Slomo Bullettime Ultimate (Universal Addon) [R3.1c fix]

Post by Spaceman333 »

6.6.2018 - Uploaded a minor fix. Fixed tiny bug about pressing the slomo activation key too quickly not toggling slomo. (Thanks m8f!)
Grey-Wolf
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Slomo Bullettime Ultimate (Universal Addon) [R3.1c fix]

Post by Grey-Wolf »

I'm having this problem:
Script error, "SlomoBulletTime_Ultimate_R3.1c.pk3:decorate.txt" line 28:
"INVENTORY.NOSCREENBLINK" is an unknown flag

Execution could not continue.

1 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts
Any help? I'm using a fully updated ZDL, and I also removed every other mod to test if it was a conflict with one of them, but this would still pop out.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”