SPACE HULK: Infestation

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Devianteist

Re: SPACE HULK: Infestation ALPHAv0.3

Post by Devianteist »

I just want to let everyone know that this mod is not, in fact, dead. I have been working on it whenever given the chance.

I have implemented some things created recently by Nash and several other notable modders, such as Railgunner. Sprinting, Tilt++ and a neat flashlight system are the big examples.

I won't build up hopes or hype, but I am satisfied with the direction I have taken. I'm learning from Hexercise to improve on the dual-wield weaponry, and I hope this will also improve how fun they are to use.

Updated OP with two new versions. Slightly updated primary version, and a No Maps version for those who want to meander their way through a WAD as a Terminator.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: SPACE HULK: Infestation ALPHA

Post by Captain J »

By the holy emperor, it's actually still alive! Sounds like very good news!
Devianteist

Re: SPACE HULK: Infestation ALPHA

Post by Devianteist »

I would like to announce that I am back, and work on this mod can officially recommence! Due to a variety of circumstances, I was without a computer, and have since lost many files not in my Dropbox. Which is a lot.

I may possibly find a way to learn this new ZScript, and rebuild this mod from the ground up. I'm excited, and I hope to deliver something of quality!
grouchbag

Re: SPACE HULK: Infestation

Post by grouchbag »

Welcome back! Glad to know you have a computer again. You're a good mapper! :D
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Thank you! I'm not as great as the map makers around these parts, but I appreciate the compliment.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

You're welcome! :D
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Alright, so, no updates to the files or anything this time around, however, I do have an update to share.

I have been researching (playing) various Warhammer/Space Hulk games, and the abilities often granted to players in those games to get a feel for how I should carry out designing this project. It is going to take some time, but I feel that when I finally deliver, it will be a fun and satisfying experience.

In due time.
Zoskiacu

Post by Zoskiacu »

Finally, a 40k mod
I'm so looking forward to this
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Zoskiacu wrote:Finally, a 40k mod
I'm so looking forward to this
Well I do certainly hope I can deliver. Progress has been slow since getting my computer, as I have been experimenting with various things inspired by Space Hulk: Deathwing. Due to my inexperience, this has been difficult, however I believe I will be able to pull something around given enough time.

EDIT: Nothing will be lifted straight from Deathwing. I do not want to outright copy another game with this mod, as that is a big no-no in my books.
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

From the spriting carnival:
Vostyok wrote:Working on a 40k Boltgun in my spare time.

Not sure on color scheme. Picked two main chapter color layouts (not prizes for guessing who, wargamers :P )

edit: Used Eriance's(old name) autoshotgun as a base
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Mr.Enchanter wrote:From the spriting carnival:
Vostyok wrote:Working on a 40k Boltgun in my spare time.

Not sure on color scheme. Picked two main chapter color layouts (not prizes for guessing who, wargamers :P )

edit: Used Eriance's(old name) autoshotgun as a base
Those are pretty sexy; as ever Vostyok's work is impressive. Hopefully he does a Stormbolter, as that is what I need for this. ATM, I'm using the Vengeance of the Blood Angels SB as a placeholder.

EDIT: Or, perhaps, I could pull a twist and make the player a normal Space Marine. That'd be different.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Now, I realize that it has been some time since my last post, HOWEVER, here I am again, talking to you guys, with good news in regards to this project.

YES, it is still being worked on, and I have some sexy new sprites thanks to Vostyok, to finally start giving this mod some much needed life.

I am working on giving this mod a unique tile-set, taken from Vengeance of the Blood Angels (however, I may go on a crusade to either update, or reimagine the textures, to breathe extra life into them, and format them more closely to DOOM).

I know that, with the recent rise of several Space Hulk games that I could potentially be treading on someone's toes somewhere with this, and so I am prepared to scrub any trace of 40K from the project if that ever becomes necessary, and simply rebrand it as something else, likely an original work.

So, when I have something substantial to show you all, I shall make it known.

In the meantime, please, leverage any suggestions here or to my inbox, and anyone interested in contributing may contact me via PM.

Now, back to work for me!
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

The last time I saw big GW issue a cease and desist was back in 2009, and they were a very different company. These days they are a lot more tolerant of the fan-scene. Wouldn't be a bad idea to remind people on front page that you do not own rights to this theme, but you shouldn't have any problems unless you go selling it on Steam. And enjoy those sprites! Will try and make some more at some point :p
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

If GW took fan stuff severely and a lot seriously just like what Nintendoes, If the Emperor Had a Text-To-Speech Device series could've never been continued, after all! It's Still going, maybe because of detailed disclaimer at the beginning of the video, but i'm certain it's fine to work on this mod if you're putting the disclaimer just like what Vostyok said.

Looks very promising, and good to see this thread still kicking!
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

I am humbly going to request a mod, or someone of equal authority, to lock this thread. Life has been insane since my last posting here, and I have been unable to work on this at all.

If you can't, well, I guess someone'll necro it and get it locked that way. Good day.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”