Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gideon020

Re: Ultra-Crispy (Playable WIP)

Post by Gideon020 »

Ooh, will there be bug spray? the Pack Howitzer? The Black Hole Gun?
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Great mod, I love this Blood very much :wub: , keep it that way :D
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I'm gonna have a look at this, I love Blood!
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Gideon020 wrote:Ooh, will there be bug spray? the Pack Howitzer? The Black Hole Gun?
I like the way you think @Gideon020, Mind if I share a few ideas?

* 2 new ammo types.
Rifle Bullets (200/400) - Bullet Ammo Spawn
Energy Cells (150/300) - Cell Ammo Spawn

* Idea 1 - (New Weapon)
M16A4 with M203 UBGL (Slot 4)
Uses Rifle ammunition
Primary Attack - Fires a Three Round Burst with great accuracy at mid-long range
Alternate Attack - Fires a grenade that explodes on contact at the cost of 20 Rifle Rounds
(Spawns where chaingun pickups are found, not dropped from Chaingun commandos)

* Idea 2 (New Weapon)
Tri-Barrel Chaingun (Slot 4)
Uses Rifle ammunition
Primary Attack - Fires a rapid stream of bullets and will most certainly (uses 2 rifle bullets per shot but each shot is 75% stronger than the M16A4's single bullet)
Alternate Attack - By the power of CabalCo Technologies the 3 barrels form into one large barrel and by the miracle of improbable technology the chaingun becomes an auto-cannon, the bullets are 3 times stronger than the usual chaingun shot but it uses 8 of your rifle rounds each time you fire it. (It's like the Mac-11's alt-fire where caleb removes or attaches a suppressor to the gun)
Other attributes - Slows player when using it, Caleb may have lived for almost 200 years and has single handedly killed Tchernoborg after it had killed him but he is not freaking Superman.
Cannot Dual wield (It's a *BLEEP*ing Chaingun) but the zoom key can be used to pre-spin the barrel "primary fire only"
(It also spawns where chaingun pickups are found but it's more rare due to how effective it is "By the power of randomspawners" )

* Idea 3 (New Weapon)
Tesla Cannon (Slot 6)
Uses Energy Ammo
Primary Attack - Fires a close range electrical stream like a flamethrower but with electricity that can stunlock the foes the beam comes in contact with while melting the ones caught up in the beam, it's can work with the toughest of enemies as well. (slows player down when firing it)
Alternate Attack - It charges up the weapon to fire a Concentrated Beam Shot of electrical Energy at perfect accuracy, when the beam impacts it does cause minor splash damage to anyone surrounding the impact area and the attack will probably 1-hit KO a revenant. It uses 10 ammo per shot
(It can be found where Plasma Guns are usually found)

- OTHER IDEAS
Spoiler:
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

GAA1992 wrote:...
Nice mod dude, but these decals look terrible. I'm tired of remove this from your mods. :D
https://imgur.com/6XtFMSi
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Not sure if bug or just need to update my devbuild, but using the Life Leech alt-fire causes all weapons from that point on to not show up on screen but you can still use them. This same bug happens in Heretic/Hexen when using the Dynamite which frankly I would think would be Slot 8 instead of Slot 0.

I second putting the Mac-11s with the Berettas and having either the Assault Rifle or Vulcan Cannon be Slot 4. Hell, put the Tesla Rifle in Slot 4 if you really wanna change things up.

Also, yeah, auto-reload for the sawn offs would help increase gameplay speed and flow.

Now to test this with the Kriegsland Nazis and see if the flare gun and napalm cannon set them on fire! :D

EDIT: Turns out that no, you can't use Kriegsland Nazis due to weapon smoke conflict error.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

amazing work! i just dont like the the jews in a box the barrels i think i dont like the very perverse imagery of blood but i love caleb
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

add gargoils
a way better cultists and more varried cultists
do not add hte same boring one sided enemies of blood
do not add axe fat soes eetc . add challenging foe
OR just juse any monster mod
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

chronoteeth wrote:just a quick thing, I think a lot of the guns could benefit from feeling like they're aiming at the crosshair
Will do, CaptainJ already told me about that one. ;)
Zhs2 wrote:I think it's super wonky that you have to click a third time to reload a sawed-off. Blood always did the reload animation automatically following the second shot.

The Berettas don't feel responsive. There's an input delay before the next time you can fire that makes it difficult to achieve a consistent trigger rate, which makes it frustrating to use no matter dual or single.

Is there any special reason why it takes more than twice as long to switch back to single weapons from dual?

Other than those complaints, this is pretty cool. I see where the inspiration from Blood 2 came from, mainly what CT said (although it isn't that hard to kill things you're aiming at!)
Thanks for the suggestions!
El_Sombrerero wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:
Spoiler: Credits
Yeah but , at least judging by the screenshots , it looks like you used the same concept with THAT jacket and THAT hat , which I used previously on my Bloody Hands mod. :?

What about "Concept loosely based on:"
or "The idea of jacket + hat comes from ..." something like that ??
No, i might have not made myself clear: I had more than half the sprite sets ready. And when i tried to find Dzierzan's Blood weapon mod to gather resources (and his authorization) i discovered your add on. I even had PM'd TerminusEst13 to use Corzo's hat. It might seem hard to believe, but this is a coincidence. I don't earn anything on stealing people's work, and even if i did used your same sprites, i would contact you.

But yes, the resources are the same, in theory. ;)
Gideon020 wrote:Ooh, will there be bug spray? the Pack Howitzer? The Black Hole Gun?
Not now, but maybe other things :)
TheLightBad96 wrote:Ideas
Loved them all and i am going to consider them deeply. Thank you!
Doomenator wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:...
Nice mod dude, but these decals look terrible. I'm tired of remove this from your mods. :D
https://imgur.com/6XtFMSi
I'll try a CVAR for them. It's a vicious recycling of resources, you know.
Gideon020 wrote:Not sure if bug or just need to update my devbuild, but using the Life Leech alt-fire causes all weapons from that point on to not show up on screen but you can still use them. This same bug happens in Heretic/Hexen when using the Dynamite which frankly I would think would be Slot 8 instead of Slot 0.

Also, yeah, auto-reload for the sawn offs would help increase gameplay speed and flow.

Now to test this with the Kriegsland Nazis and see if the flare gun and napalm cannon set them on fire! :D

EDIT: Turns out that no, you can't use Kriegsland Nazis due to weapon smoke conflict error.
Will double check, but i was damn sure this was compatible with Kriegsland enemies.
shadstarn wrote:amazing work! i just dont like the the jews in a box the barrels i think i dont like the very perverse imagery of blood but i love caleb
Er... jews? If you're talking about the zombies inside barrels, that's a reference/easter egg from Return of The Living Dead (1985).
shadstarn wrote:add gargoils
a way better cultists and more varried cultists
do not add hte same boring one sided enemies of blood
do not add axe fat soes eetc . add challenging foe
OR just juse any monster mod
I don't pretend to add custom monsters, to increase the compatibility with most things.
Captain J wrote:SUPER Crispy! Glad it's finally here and it's been a pleasure to help and support your mod. This mod is so far impressive and great!
El_Sombrerero wrote:Neat
erni945 wrote:Great mod, I love this Blood very much :wub: , keep it that way :D
Valherran wrote:I'm gonna have a look at this, I love Blood!
Thank you all!!!
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Thu May 17, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

This is really cool! My two complaints are the dual wielding/TNT weapon slots, and Caleb's sleeve looks like it's leather. If it's possible, could you eventually add a CVAR for a revolver instead of a Beretta?
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

GAA1992 wrote:
El_Sombrerero wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:
Spoiler: Credits
Yeah but , at least judging by the screenshots , it looks like you used the same concept with THAT jacket and THAT hat , which I used previously on my Bloody Hands mod. :?

What about "Concept loosely based on:"
or "The idea of jacket + hat comes from ..." something like that ??
No, i might have not made myself clear: I had more than half the sprite sets ready. And when i tried to find Dzierzan's Blood weapon mod to gather resources (and his authorization) i discovered your add on. I even had PM'd TerminusEst13 to use Corzo's hat. It might seem hard to believe, but this is a coincidence. I don't earn anything on stealing people's work, and even if i did used your same sprites, i would contact you.

But yes, the resources are the same, in theory. ;)
Oh xD I guess that we just had similar ideas while seeing that resources then. That's kind of a funny coincidence :3

Anyway , the mod looks really cool ! I'll give it a chance when I can :D
Dzierzan

Post by Dzierzan »

Cool to see something of mine in Doom ;).

Well, I am so called "Bloodite", however I do understand this mod's purpose is not recreation of Blood. It's generally good.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

to me they used to look like jews because there was as tage in blood where there is a train and there are jews in the barrels ....
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

shadstarn wrote:to me they used to look like jews because there was as tage in blood where there is a train and there are jews in the barrels ....
But...those are zombies. Why are they "Jews" to you? Is this some cultural thing I've missed? Are you somehow not aware how bad this sounds?
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

shadstarn wrote:to me they used to look like jews because there was as tage in blood where there is a train and there are jews in the barrels ....
Holy shit, dude...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”