Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
4thcharacter

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by 4thcharacter »

The opposite is also true if we go by health to gauge exp handouts; weak bullet sponges give you more exp. It's a flawed EXP system in a way if you think about it.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Yep. Looks that exp formula needs of additional modifiers like as tags, flags (BOSS, NOGRAVITY, GHOST forex) and maybe other variables such as output damage or something like.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:I loaded the Gzdoom 3.3.2 with the fixed Wrath of cronos script and i get the following bugs,
Does your fixed version return the same bugs in GZDoom 2.2? If it so, then looks that you has broke the WoC scripts, lol.
Also would be correct if you shows comparing of the script editions, there is no telepaths, sorry.

Btw, I wondering why are you did edit WoC scripts?
If you wishes to fix WoC comapibility with newer GZDoom, than you can try to ask worldendDominator for help, since he already fixed most of errors.
What about "Script error, "wrathofcronosr2c2 - fixed.pk3:decorate/health bar.txt" line 396:" it can be fixed by blocking of "Actor HPBARWARP : Custominventory", because it's just unfinished hpbar for multiplayer.
I have tried everything and followed your instructions and world dominators instructions and still get WOC bugs. on 3.3.2.... Until Thetis can make WOC truly Compatible with 3.3.2 and newer versions "Without bugs" theres no way to get it out of 2.2....
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

irontusk341 wrote:
Void Weaver wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:I loaded the Gzdoom 3.3.2 with the fixed Wrath of cronos script and i get the following bugs,
Does your fixed version return the same bugs in GZDoom 2.2? If it so, then looks that you has broke the WoC scripts, lol.
Also would be correct if you shows comparing of the script editions, there is no telepaths, sorry.

Btw, I wondering why are you did edit WoC scripts?
If you wishes to fix WoC comapibility with newer GZDoom, than you can try to ask worldendDominator for help, since he already fixed most of errors.
What about "Script error, "wrathofcronosr2c2 - fixed.pk3:decorate/health bar.txt" line 396:" it can be fixed by blocking of "Actor HPBARWARP : Custominventory", because it's just unfinished hpbar for multiplayer.
I have tried everything and followed your instructions and world dominators instructions and still get WOC bugs. on 3.3.2.... Until Thetis can make WOC truly Compatible with 3.3.2 and newer versions "Without bugs" theres no way to get it out of 2.2 for HERETIC ONLY....
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Unfortunately, Thetis seems to have vanished from these forums :(
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

quick update... i was using WOC 2c2 version and not Version 2. it does "kinda" work now, the only problem i have is some monsters are displaying their tag names as path files...
For Example "Zombie@diablo.pk3@d2modres.wad@decorate" instead of Just Zombie.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Try giving the monsters with tags in decorate.
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

That looks like what happens when your actor has the same name as an existing one, it gets its filepath added to its actor name. Just give it a unique name and use tags, as 4thcharacter said.
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

You need to fix Script 900, it's not only not CLIENTSIDE but it runs for every tic for every monster, making the mod unplayable as time goes on... This needs urgent attention for Zandronum compat.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

the packed wrathofcronos2.pk3 in the Diablo 3D TC mod now works with Gzdoom 3.3.2. and Zandronum 3.0
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Great! Now all that's left is to get the extra monsters working right. They don't seem to work with that version and GzDoom right now.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

-Ghost- wrote:Great! Now all that's left is to get the extra monsters working right. They don't seem to work with that version and GzDoom right now.
The custom (random) monsters so far only work on doom and hexen, I cant get them to work on heretic, unless i make a separate Actor ID for them for doom builder and manually add them. it would add variety, but it would take away the thrill of a randomized custom monster.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Which files load up the random monsters? I see the regular WoC files but no Doom random monster one or anything like there was originally.

Sorry, I don't mean to pick your mod apart, I've been playing through that as well and having a lot of fun!
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

-Ghost- wrote:Which files load up the random monsters? I see the regular WoC files but no Doom random monster one or anything like there was originally.

Sorry, I don't mean to pick your mod apart, I've been playing through that as well and having a lot of fun!
oh.... woc isnt my mod lol, but as much as i modified it for my diablo 3D project there really isnt much left of Thetis's original work. :P
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, it just seems to be the main working version of it at the moment for GzDoom.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”