Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom [v1.32]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Shane
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [Release] Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom

Post by Shane »

Dude. Thanks for these. I did something similar years ago, but never felt it was good enough for release. I'm gonna give yours a go right now!
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kroc »

NB: Spear of Destiny Revisited has had a Special Edition release to fix it up further -- viewtopic.php?f=19&t=58269

Now I'm reminded of this thread, I'm going to look into a PortaDOOM package just for WolfenDOOM releases -- this thread was the reason why I started developing PortaDOOM in the first place, to solve the issue of getting any kind of WAD to run easily.
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

Found more bugs
The Portal
-Missing sounds
DSAMMOUP(included in rest of ***_fix.wad files,but not included in portal_fix.wad)
DSHEALUP(included in rest of ***_fix.wad files,but not included in portal_fix.wad)
DSKEYSUP(included in rest of ***_fix.wad files,but not included in portal_fix.wad)
DSKEYTRY(included in rest of ***_fix.wad files,but not included in portal_fix.wad)
DSSECRET(included in rest of ***_fix.wad files,but not included in portal_fix.wad)
DSTRESUP(included in rest of ***_fix.wad files,but not included in portal_fix.wad)
DSWPNUP(included in rest of ***_fix.wad files,but not included in portal_fix.wad)

Operation : Rheingold ,Episode 2 :"Gestapo Headquarters"
-One of hanging dudes in jail from first level having partial invisibilty sphere effect
Dr. Shotgun

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:Operation : Rheingold ,Episode 2 :"Gestapo Headquarters"
-One of hanging dudes in jail from first level having partial invisibilty sphere effect
Huh. All this time I thought it was an intentional "ghostly" effect.
Baronos

Post by Baronos »

I've noticed there is an issue when I load the original pack and nocturnal missions with a mod.Sometimes the keys just disappear.
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

Baronos wrote:I've noticed there is an issue when I load the original pack and nocturnal missions with a mod.Sometimes the keys just disappear.
What mod are you running with?
Baronos

Post by Baronos »

Zenon wrote:
Baronos wrote:I've noticed there is an issue when I load the original pack and nocturnal missions with a mod.Sometimes the keys just disappear.
With Doom Incarnate and Accessories to Murder.And later even with High Noon Drifter. I've played Die Fuhrer die and the key just won't appear.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Baronos wrote:
Zenon wrote:
With Doom Incarnate and Accessories to Murder.And later even with High Noon Drifter. I've played Die Fuhrer die and the key just won't appear.
I've had this exact same problem. My theory was always that Laz replaced the chainguns with keys through dehacked, that way the chaingun wielding bosses would drop a key like they're supposed to.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

The Original, Nocturnal and Spear Missions by Laz came with a customized Doom 2 EXE, which among other things made the bosses drop keys and end the levels in some cases. These were changes that were beyond the limits of DeHacked.

Quote from ENGINE.TXT that came with ORIGINAL MISSIONS package:
Spoiler:
In all other WolfenDOOM scenarios, Laz would just put the key or exit switch somewhere in close proximity to the boss.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Huh. That's pretty damn interesting! Never knew that
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Well, I was around the community even back then. I remeber Boom, and all ports based on it that followed such as Marines Best Friend (MBF) and Smack My Marine Up. Yes, I'm that old. The original intact packages for his work are surprisingly hard to get ahold of nowadays.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

I think the original release packages, plus some fixes, are still available from Laz's own mirror of the original web site. The original Doomworld site (that is still referenced in all of the readme files) is full of broken links, though.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Last time I checked, the MP40 in WolfenDoom: Original Missions doesn't do 5, 10 or 15 damage like the pistol and chaingun, but 3, 6 or 9. Intentional?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I would think so, yes. I didn't change anything with actual damage output other than through difficulty settings.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.11 released

Post by NightFright »

I issued a small update for the collection, bringing it to v1.11.

Changes:
- Files repacked from PK7 to PK3 format (LZMA compression)
- Operation Rheingold Ep.2: Fix for hanging corpse having Invisibility Sphere effect

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”