The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Captain J »

Previously on Netronian Chaos thread... wrote:2ND P.S: I was exhausted with real life stuff and couldn't progress on, so i translated the whole Netronian Chaos Storyline instead. It's all english now and good to read.

Check this out if ya want!
Typing and translating for a hour is very fun when it's all done and don't have to type more anymore.
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

Driving myself crazy that I cannot source these these last few midis, taken Doom 2 Xtreme and its sequel, Doom 2 Xtreme Gold. I've been able to gradually identify all the midis used across both wads, but these last few just seem hopeless thus far. A few of them have a sense of familiarity, but nothing is ringing a bell otherwise. They had to have come from games/movies/midi pages/etc. dated no later than 1997, but where to even begin looking is trying my patience.

Another midi I thought I might have identified but am not confident about is this one, often circulated as "alien.mid" and claiming to be the theme from Alien, though it is clearly not. I found the midi also named "dkc3undr.mid", implying a Donkey Kong Country 3 source, but it doesn't match any song from the game. It was once listed on VGmusic.com for that game as "Underground", but there is no level with that title, and has since been removed from the website, so something seems fishy with this one. I've also heard it claimed that the midi is from Dawn of the Dead (1978), but again, it does not match any song from that film.
ADDENDUM: "alien.mid" was also featured in Doom 2 Xtreme, which was apparently released in August of 1996, going by its DeHackEd file. DKC3 came out in fall of 1996, meaning it couldn't possibly be a midi of anything from that game. Hmm.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Some of those sound really familiar, but I can't place them either. :(

My sis got me a UNSC ammo box. Plenty of room for ~50 Nerf darts and 4 six-dart mags. :)

I'm also going to be getting a very nice box set of games...
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

"alien.mid" was also featured in Doom 2 Xtreme, which was apparently released in August of 1996, going by its DeHackEd file. DKC3 came out in fall of 1996, meaning it couldn't possibly be a midi of anything from that game. Hmm.
I IDed a ton from Dark 7 (2002): The MOD files for Missions 2, 3, 6 and 7 are from a unknown Amiga (?) game Justice, and the files claim that they're by Gustaf "lizardking" Grefberg. Not to mention Mission 5 being from Unreal Tournament (most sounds from it turn up in the wad). However the files for Missions 1 and 4 were from a MOD archive the creator had.
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

I am kind of devestated to hear about Totalbiscuit's current condition (as reported at the start of this month) :(
lil'devil

Post by lil'devil »

This sucks. I've heard that he has a bad health condition a couple of years ago, but didn't know it's that serious. So sad that some people are unlucky to get such illnesses (cancer?) too early in their life.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Kinda fell out of liking him awhile back due to some his actions and and being kind a prick way more often in recent times, but no one deserves cancer. Still hope that chance for recovery is there.
Last edited by insightguy on Tue May 15, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I'm truly sorry about this... I remember TB's reviews and such and they were impressive and creative. It's a shame that happened to him.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

i am just angry at furaffinity after i was banned for no reason. although it was in the wake of the hate speech thats goin on
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:i am just angry at furaffinity after i was banned for no reason. although it was in the wake of the hate speech thats goin on
Please don't bring cross-site drama here.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

So this is a pretty cool thing that I think anyone interested in making a game (not just RPGs) should read.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

NeuralStunner wrote:So this is a pretty cool thing that I think anyone interested in making a game (not just RPGs) should read.
Very nice!
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

NeuralStunner wrote:So this is a pretty cool thing that I think anyone interested in making a game (not just RPGs) should read.
The original article goes into a bit more detail. It's linked at the bottom of that URL, but it's easy to miss.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

I now have faster internet. I can download 2 GB in around 20 minutes now.
This is fucking amazing. I've never had internet this fast.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Meanwhile I've been DCing all day for no discernable reason. Thanks a lot, man. :P

On the plus side, I now possess Tales from the Twilight World and Somewhere Far Beyond! Only two more to go. :twisted:

Also: Not sure if there's a lot of D&D nerds around here, but I have some 5e homebrew stuff and I'm not sure what's the best place to post it for feedback and polish. (Not sure about r/DnD5e, after the beautiful scene of a heap of "yeah, looks balanced" for a Druid subtype that gets truesight at will from an early level.* I dunno, maybe if I make the explanations & details long enough it'll scare off the annoying people.)

* Basically equivalent to having wallhack & map cheats. This kind of thing only exists for people who seem to think the DM is the final boss.

Return to “Off-Topic”