Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.930 Painful

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

Hege Cactus wrote:Alrighty time to release 0.931

Download

Whats new;

New optional tier; Abyssal
Abyssal enemies are extra hard and more common mooks that are for the added challenge
Currently abyssal tier is about half finished but what it offers now should be more than enough to make some hair pulling

New white variant; White Mancubus
Don't take this one on at extreme ranges

Filling up the fireblu and gray with ;
Gray Cybie
fireblu arachnotron

other small changes;
-Green baron should now stop with the puking if its target is dead
-nerfed some cybie variant healths

I'll make a 2.8.1 friendly version later on
The EX enemies didnt make it for this release, I only got one properly done and I didnt think that would justice for adding the option yet

Well have fun
This enemy mod keeps getting better each time.
FaggoStorm

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.931 Abyssal

Post by FaggoStorm »

I am enjoying the new abyss type enemies (even an abyss imp can one-shot you, makes the game even more thrilling and harder) however I keep getting a weird error: "out of stack space in script "BaronMissile"". It keeps happening a minute or two after I start a level, and it makes the game literally unplayable as the game is put to a sudden stop (in case this helps: I am playing with Final Doomer and on the Combat Shock 2 set of maps). :/
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

just tried out some abyssals, is it intentional that the abyssal Spectre and Pinky is the same monster? when I summon an abyssal Spectre, I just get "abyssdemon2" even tho it's invisible and would make more sense as "abyssspectre2". Just asking.
Also, the abyss Zombie feels much easier than the red one, at least for me.
ErrantMasa
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ErrantMasa »

bowserknight wrote:Also, the abyss Zombie feels much easier than the red one, at least for me.
try having abyssals spawning early in the first map; nearly as annoying as black/white first spawns :twisted:

for yholl: are abyssals supposed to be ice-elemental (player death suggests this), fungoid (spores/ infection mechanic), or some unholy union of both? :?:
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

ErrantMasa wrote:
bowserknight wrote:Also, the abyss Zombie feels much easier than the red one, at least for me.
try having abyssals spawning early in the first map; nearly as annoying as black/white first spawns :twisted:

for yholl: are abyssals supposed to be ice-elemental (player death suggests this), fungoid (spores/ infection mechanic), or some unholy union of both? :?:
I was just talking about the regular Zombie, the red Zombie has this really strong, almost unavoidable attack while the abyss one shoots these tiny things. They're strong but also kinda easy to avoid.
ErrantMasa
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ErrantMasa »

bowserknight wrote: the red Zombie has this really strong, almost unavoidable attack while the abyss one shoots these tiny things.
my experience is reversed; I can dodge the red's Unmaker bolts more easily than I can the abyssal's shots.

also, the abyssal shotgunner is an absolute terror without a long-range weapon (in DooM RLA, a sniper rifle is perfect for this) :evil:
zm5

Post by zm5 »

I only made an account to say - thanks a lot for making this mod! It's by far one of my favourite Doom mods.

The Abyss creatures really do make the game a lot more difficult - I don't know if its intentional, but I like how they have this sort of cheesy creepypasta vibe to them, given that most are discoloured with black blood and eyes, and have strange slime attacks. Can't wait for the next set of them!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Some bugs:
• The abyss chaingunner doesn't have a firing sound.
• Many of the enemies are missing custom blood colors, blue zombieman being one.
• There's a lot of errors in the startup log that need fixing, and I'm not referring to the misc items from DRLA.
• There are numerous instances of DropItem that have a quantity such as "DropItem "BackPack", 128, 2". The quantity only works with ammo. https://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_properties#DropItem . "DropItem "CellPack", 255, 3" is a cellpack that only gives 3 ammo. Your drops need some serious work.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

The Red Zombieman has a very HIGH chance of dropping the Unmaker from DRLA on "Classic" drops settings.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Nah, you just got lucky. It has a 1 (or two?) in 256 chances of dropping it.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

over 3 times???!!!

in my entire 2 year run of DRLA I only had about 3 times of Demon weapons spawns (demon weapons don't come out of crates)

with colourful I found the unmaker to be an I win button for the amount of time it has dropped.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

I am enjoying the new abyss type enemies (even an abyss imp can one-shot you, makes the game even more thrilling and harder) however I keep getting a weird error: "out of stack space in script "BaronMissile"". It keeps happening a minute or two after I start a level, and it makes the game literally unplayable as the game is put to a sudden stop (in case this helps: I am playing with Final Doomer and on the Combat Shock 2 set of maps). :/
I havent been able to recreate this, was final doomer the only other mod with this? What was the load order? have you tried turning the intercepting missiles off?

just tried out some abyssals, is it intentional that the abyssal Spectre and Pinky is the same monster? when I summon an abyssal Spectre, I just get "abyssdemon2" even tho it's invisible and would make more sense as "abyssspectre2". Just asking.
Also, the abyss Zombie feels much easier than the red one, at least for me.
I gave them a shared spot cause I figured with how doom handles demons and spectres, it'd be one in the same in the end as the abyss demons are nasty regardless

@abyss zombies
The red and abyss zombies both have their own ups and downs, abyss gets threatening when theres other lesser zombies around

Some bugs:
• The abyss chaingunner doesn't have a firing sound.
• Many of the enemies are missing custom blood colors, blue zombieman being one.
• There's a lot of errors in the startup log that need fixing, and I'm not referring to the misc items from DRLA.
• There are numerous instances of DropItem that have a quantity such as "DropItem "BackPack", 128, 2". The quantity only works with ammo. https://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_properties#DropItem . "DropItem "CellPack", 255, 3" is a cellpack that only gives 3 ammo. Your drops need some serious work.
* Havent found a proper one for the stealth aspect of it, will add one once I find a good one
* Will have to go through them it seems
* Some of those errors are bit of mystery, as they dont appear in 2.8.1 zdoom, as this mod is mostly decorate based for those days, so I dont know if fixing them would do much good as then when I do the 2.8.1 friendly version I'd have to roll those back for that one, so its bit so so if they dont effect the gameplay

*.. So this is a thing... Which explains a lot with some weirdness Ive had for long time with the drops. Thanks for pointing this one out, this is a major thing which might infact turn the mod balance around when I get this fixed

and red zombieman has chance to drop the unmaker it is small chance but its there, so gratz on being lucky.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

red Zombieman can drop the unmaker? is that a custom weapon you added in? gotta look out for that!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

One more thing about drops. A_PainDie drops items so when you put

Code: Select all

Death: 
       INFR G 8 
       INFR H 8 A_Scream 
      MISL B 8 
      MISL CCCC 2 A_PainDie("BlackLSoul2")
      MISL D 8 A_NoBlocking 
      MISL D 1
      Stop
he's dropping his loot 5 times.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

bowserknight wrote:red Zombieman can drop the unmaker? is that a custom weapon you added in? gotta look out for that!
its from DRLA, the MOST powerful weapon in the game that can literally wipe out rows of cyberdemons with just a few pew pews...
( you will need to upgrade it with Demon Artifacts which are only acquired from Guardians Cybedemons which spawn when you have killed all the enemies in the map)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”