[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Solaela
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Post by Solaela »

erni945 wrote:
Solaela wrote:Hey Pillow. I'm just curious since your last Guncaster vid said you were trying if I recall right... You gonna add Strife capability to Traiblazer here as well if it all works out well on Guncaster's end? I know there was a patch but dunno if it would still work with the updates you added.
From what I remember the pillow wrote in the main post that we should rather forget about the support for strife, but it's a pity because I think the trailblazer is asking for support for it and I hope that someday change the mind
That's why I thought I'd ask cause if it goes well he might change his mind and give it a go. If not then ah well.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Solaela wrote:
erni945 wrote:
Solaela wrote:Hey Pillow. I'm just curious since your last Guncaster vid said you were trying if I recall right... You gonna add Strife capability to Traiblazer here as well if it all works out well on Guncaster's end? I know there was a patch but dunno if it would still work with the updates you added.
From what I remember the pillow wrote in the main post that we should rather forget about the support for strife, but it's a pity because I think the trailblazer is asking for support for it and I hope that someday change the mind
That's why I thought I'd ask cause if it goes well he might change his mind and give it a go. If not then ah well.
I hope you will make it :wink:
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The thing worth noting is that Strife is kind of a pain in the butt. Replacing a weapon through the Replaces keyword only replaces it on the ground. You would have to add Conversation IDs to any weapons and ammo meant to be given by vendors or as part of missions, which does give the new items but does not let you adjust their prices at shops or their shop text. Fixing that involves effectively rewriting the Dialogue scripts for all the maps. Then there's the issues of stealth, the sigil, and the game's particular brand of weapon resistance.

It's a big enough pain that I don't blame Pillow for saying "no."
erni945

Post by erni945 »

wildweasel wrote:The thing worth noting is that Strife is kind of a pain in the butt. Replacing a weapon through the Replaces keyword only replaces it on the ground. You would have to add Conversation IDs to any weapons and ammo meant to be given by vendors or as part of missions, which does give the new items but does not let you adjust their prices at shops or their shop text. Fixing that involves effectively rewriting the Dialogue scripts for all the maps. Then there's the issues of stealth, the sigil, and the game's particular brand of weapon resistance.

It's a fact, you have to change it all and it's difficult so I understand that he did not want to take it, for me it's enough that there is support for heretic and hexen
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

wildweasel wrote:The thing worth noting is that Strife is kind of a pain in the butt. Replacing a weapon through the Replaces keyword only replaces it on the ground. You would have to add Conversation IDs to any weapons and ammo meant to be given by vendors or as part of missions, which does give the new items but does not let you adjust their prices at shops or their shop text. Fixing that involves effectively rewriting the Dialogue scripts for all the maps. Then there's the issues of stealth, the sigil, and the game's particular brand of weapon resistance.

dont forget randomspawners not being able to work through conversation IDs, requiring a daisy chain effect to be able to have them spawn :/
Solaela
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Solaela »

Exactly. I wouldn't blame him either there. I mean I wouldn't know the first thing about it but it sounds like a huge pain in the ass at the end of the day. :P
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but with recoil greater than 0.0 and mouse smoothing off, the screen jitters at 35Hz when turning sideways, similar to Nash's original Quaketilt mod which had a similar issue when strafing. Even when setting recoil to 0 and disabling all related settings there's still a jump in for example one frame of the FMG reload sequence. SPF_INTERPOLATE seems to do the opposite of what it's supposed to do, as you can fix this by removing every instance of it.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

If I fix something by removing all instances of it when it's supposed to smooth things out, that sounds more like a bug on the engine side than the mod. I had put mouse smoothing off for testing, tried with rendering interpolation off and vid_refreshrate 35 either, and I didn't notice anything out of ordinary. Jitter is a natural result if you have conflicting movement without smoothing on. If someone could provide more intel on that, as I might be blind, that'd be appreciated.

And that small jump there is a fault on my side as I forgot to add the interpolation flag in last instance of setangle, I'll fix that~
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

wildweasel wrote:You would have to add Conversation IDs to any weapons and ammo meant to be given by vendors or as part of missions...
Not with ZSDF, you don't. Just use the actor names. Nah, the worst problem with Strife compat has got to be this friggin' abomination.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I am reporting a bug, when using flares in Cheogsh 2 I am falling in frame rate so drastically that I am not able to play, I tried to turn on the particle reduction but it did not help :(
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

It's because the flare uses a dynamic light. Dynamic lights also take up a fair bit of processing. Not to mention, Cheogsh 2 is also a processor-intensive map... so you've got a double-whammy of problems. The solution? Update your drivers. Upgrade your computer. Unfortunately, there's not much else that can be done...
erni945

Post by erni945 »

DoomKrakken wrote:It's because the flare uses a dynamic light. Dynamic lights also take up a fair bit of processing. Not to mention, Cheogsh 2 is also a processor-intensive map... so you've got a double-whammy of problems. The solution? Update your drivers. Upgrade your computer. Unfortunately, there's not much else that can be done...
for me, the problem is solved, I just increased the gamma from 0.75 to 1.00 and I added a flashlight if anything, everything went smoothly :wink:
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Anyone know the best way to tune the tilt in Trailblazer? I kind of like the effect but would prefer it to be less jerky.

As I still haven't posted anything here as well: I love Trailblazer. Its my favourite of Pillowblasters mods. Everything in the arsenal feels solid and fun to use, and you often want to pull out different things at different times, and it only starts mildly OP and gets more silly with upgrades.

And I appreciate the fact that Malcolm is a mishmash of several trash 80's action heroes from my youth, plus MacGuyver (Duct Tape as a +50 Spare Parts bonus when?) XD
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

eharper256 wrote:Anyone know the best way to tune the tilt in Trailblazer? I kind of like the effect but would prefer it to be less jerky.

As I still haven't posted anything here as well: I love Trailblazer. Its my favourite of Pillowblasters mods. Everything in the arsenal feels solid and fun to use, and you often want to pull out different things at different times, and it only starts mildly OP and gets more silly with upgrades.

And I appreciate the fact that Malcolm is a mishmash of several trash 80's action heroes from my youth, plus MacGuyver (Duct Tape as a +50 Spare Parts bonus when?) XD
Check the [Blaze-It Options].
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Yes, I can see how to do it, I was wondering about what setups people use.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”