Autochthonic Mode Lite

Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Autochthonic Mode Lite

Post by Pixel Eater »

Autochthonic Mode causes a square aspect ratio so that geometry becomes more uniform and realistic like Quake.
AchthonLite.pk3
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
A working preview of the next release which has a universal version of BigButts built-in.

Clicking the image will show an A/B animation:

Spoiler: Old Stuff
Last edited by Pixel Eater on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BROS_ETT_311

Re: Pitch, Please!

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Awesome stuff, dude! I've been looking for something like this, since I'm typically a fan of body perspective in FPS games (Nash's weapon-sway mod comes to mind). Though, now I'm wondering if it's possible to create a similar effect for the weaponbob similar to that of Quake's weaponbob. I'm guessing it'd be a shader that affects the pixel range on the x axis while playeractorz veloctiy (or whatever the term is) reaches above a certain range, however I can't be sure as I'm not well versed with zscript...let alone decorate for that matter! Thoughts?
Pixel Eater

Post by Pixel Eater »

When I get around to copying the Dolly Effect for when the player is accelerating, I'll give that a whirl. I think what you're describing might be in the same ballpark method-wise. My ZScript is pretty lacking though so thanks for pointing out the playeractorz thing :)

P.S. This thread was to be deleted a while ago as Pitch, Please! was retitled Autochthonic Widescreen and combined into ScreeM. However I've found a situation where another shader needs to be loaded between the two and so P,P! will return here again soon (with improvements over the ScreeM version).
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Got it, I'll keep my eye on the screem shader then. Looking forward to the next iteration!
Pixel Eater

Re: Autochthonic Doom (Widescreen mod FKA Pitch, Please!)

Post by Pixel Eater »

Next iteration up!

The math is less of a combination of flukes and guesses and it's now done by texel processing so it shouldn't cause blurring. I've given it a menu now that there are multiple modes to choose from and added a "semi-useful" letterbox effect as well.
_bc

Re: Autochthonic Mode Lite

Post by _bc »

Sorry for necroposting, but you are a god.

Return to “Shaders”