Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Post by ImpieTwo »

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:hey ImpieTwo, how bout suggestions for later versions like full enemy sprites in rotation time after time, just saying
No one's ever really been able to do that adequately, and I'd rather spend my time and energy on something else now.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Love this mod, very fast paced, big open spaces, retro nostalgia, meaningful settings, interesting missions, 90s action feel, everything you want from a mindless shooting rampage.
Really well done.

Using Doom art in a TC for me is a no-no, but it's just personal preference, art is too connected to doom and ruins the setting immersion, one can use resources of a more rare shooting oldie. Also agree that indoor areas are a bit hard to navigate, non-linearity itself is fun, but sometimes one feels lost.
Maybe suicider could be scaled in the engine to fit other enemies - taller and thinner.
Underdecoration and underdetail I guess might be intentional to bring an "oldie" feel to it and to resemble the original.
I still love how well defined areas are with relatively little scenery (and simplistic geometry), rooms are logical, have purpose, feel like a real place, I love that, there is quite creativity with the limited scenery which is there...some could use more variants, walls especially as they are tiled in too obvious way.
Some of those simplicities are part of mod's charm though and might even be intentional.

Again, love mods like that.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

is Baloch related to Balochistan?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Machine-Reaper wrote:is Baloch related to Balochistan?
Baloch is a Pakistani surname, that's all I know.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

ImpieTwo wrote:Baloch is a Pakistani surname, that's all I know.
I'm a Pakistani~
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

hey guys, sorry for long wait. also, i decided to surprise you all with this that no one had able to try this.
although, i decided to help you all guys out with this works i might give you all the help. i hope, you dont mind it
Attachments
WIP - operation body count - terror 1.PNG
Wisecrack34

Post by Wisecrack34 »

Not sure why but the problem resolved itself without any input, something to do with the stairways and computer witchery
fart_knight

Post by fart_knight »

Resurrecting this old thread just to say that I loved playing this mod, Impie! Thank you so much (and anyone else involved) for taking the time to make it.

I played the original OBC back when it first released. I don't remember much about it, because I was fairly young at the time, but I do recall how terrible it was. So much so that I don't think I even made it past the first or second level because it was so bad. Nonetheless, I remembered the general theme, and how goofy it was. With that in mind, I think you did an amazing job of taking what was fun/funny/ridiculous about the original and turning it into something that someone would actually play.

I especially enjoyed the Lethal Tender map (also a shout out to another terrible game I owned and barely played back in the day). The layout and enemy placements were just so hilariously absurd, and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard while playing a Doom mod.

Question: What are you referencing in that secret portal area of Lethal Tender (with the orcs fighting the terrorists)? I loved it, but it went over my head... I bet it's something obvious, right? :)

Anyway, thank you again. The Doom modding community is strong because of people like yourself, and now I'm looking forward to checking out everything else you've done! Cheers.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

The author went and got himself banned, so you'll have to reach him via other means.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”