Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Wisecrack34

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Post by Wisecrack34 »

Love what I got to play but I can't leave the starting area, exit is empty cept for a drone and some health.
Burly Jim

Post by Burly Jim »

Hey, I just finished your mod! I was having such a great time, I beat it in one day. Just couldn't stop!
I like what you did with some of the secrets ;) but they're very well hidden for the most part. Probably there were more that I couldn't find.
Only complaints I have is that yeah, the hitscan enemies can get annoying...nothing that can't be overcome, though. Also ammo's kinda scarce on the Taraz level unless you go poking around for secrets.

Anyways, thanks so much for making this. Definitely one of the top mods I've ever played.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Wisecrack34 wrote:Love what I got to play but I can't leave the starting area, exit is empty cept for a drone and some health.
Then you're probably not playing it in Gzdoom like the download page instructed.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

sounds like 80s again, i like it heehee
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Hey, where did you get the enemy sprites? All the OBC sprite sheets I've found have them in a really dark pallette, but they look more legible in your mod.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

edgymemester wrote:Hey, where did you get the enemy sprites? All the OBC sprite sheets I've found have them in a really dark pallette, but they look more legible in your mod.
In OBC you could turn the lights on and off, which is actually changing the paletter from "lit" to "dark". For whatever reason the sprites' default palette is "dark" when you rip the sprites, so you have to find a way to apply the "lit" palette to the graphics file.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Always something impressive from you! I don't know how you find the patience, or even the time, to churn out the quality mods that you have.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Fixed a map error on level 9 that made the dumbwaiter impossible to board from the upper level of the plane. Players should be able to get into the lift from either floor now.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I'm embarrassed to say I forgot to add Zen3001's name to the map credits in the readme file, for his contribution of the Bedlam & Breakfast mission. Fixed.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

ImpieTwo wrote:I'm embarrassed to say I forgot to add Zen3001's name to the map credits in the readme file, for his contribution of the Bedlam & Breakfast mission. Fixed.
Thank you again
Scubbo

Post by Scubbo »

really enjoyed it, thanks ImpieTwo (and team) ! :wub:
Hyperstyle

Post by Hyperstyle »

That was fun. I enjoyed the variety of the levels and objectives. Good job making a better game than the original. Replacing some hitscanners with fast projectile shooters would benefit the gameplay though.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Hyperstyle wrote:That was fun. I enjoyed the variety of the levels and objectives. Good job making a better game than the original. Replacing some hitscanners with fast projectile shooters would benefit the gameplay though.
Thanks! Glad you had fun.

I'm not sure where the community's recent anti-hitscan movement has come from though. You can't really dodge fast projectiles, either.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

I personally like hitscanning. While it is artificial to an extent, it adds to the challenge. Plus tracers/fast projectiles never really felt right to me.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

hey ImpieTwo, how bout suggestions for later versions like full enemy sprites in rotation time after time, just saying

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”