Truecolour crashes with Hacx 2.0, AoS, Strife

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
GFD
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Truecolour crashes with Hacx 2.0, AoS, Strife

Post by GFD »

Hope this isn't a duplicate, since it seems pretty obvious. Hacx 2.0 (not 1.2), Adventures of Square, and Strife all crash (tried to read address 0000000000000000) when using the truecolour carmack and truecolour softpoly renderers in-game. (This means Adventures of Square crashes on the title screen, as it has a titlemap.) OpenGL and both 8-bit renderers don't crash. Happens with 32-bit and 64-bit windows binaries. First dev build binary where this starts happening is gzdoom-x64-g3.4pre-197-g0affc119f.7z (ie. the first one with 2D refactor stuff).

I've attached a crash report where I started GZDoom with a fresh config, started a new game in Strife, and switched to the truecolour carmack renderer.
Attachments
CrashReport_20180415_strife.zip
(23.48 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Xaser

Re: Truecolour crashes with Hacx 2.0, AoS, Strife

Post by Xaser »

I'm curious: does Harmony crash too? A common thread here is that all the IWADs in question use the COLORMAP to define a fullbright color.

Bit of a stab in the dark, but it's the first thing that comes to mind regarding when thinking of "IWAD-specific" and "Render-related".
GFD
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by GFD »

Oh hey, Harmony does crash—I thought I had tested every supported IWAD, but apparently not. Good thinking!
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Pushed a fix for this.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Super-thanks! Good to know we didn't bork up anything too hard. :P

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”