The 65 prBooming 3DGEs

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PepsiBepsi

Re: The 65 prBooming 3DGEs

Post by PepsiBepsi »

I've just updated my map. Simple update, I basically just removed the plasma rifle, and some of the ammo for the rocket launcher. I figure giving the play 4 weapons in one level is pretty ridiculous. It's not even that challenging of a level to begin with.

Anyway, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ft4f52z7a ... EdgeCp.wad
NuclearPotato

Post by NuclearPotato »

Crosspost from Doomworld:

Here's an update to Mansion of Madness: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CeClf ... -kXphxD-xw

Detailing is mostly done, though I still think more could be done to make the map better; I'm just not sure how yet. The main flaw currently is that 3DGE doesn't currently support conveyor belts. I've been told there's a build in the works that will bring full Boom compatibility to 3DGE, however, so unless that build doesn't materialize in time, I'm not too worried about it. Proper sky will by SKY3; that will be added in via DDF come compilation.

Feedback and demos are greatly appreciated.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

It's okay, you still have another couple of weeks to finish the detailing and fix ups. The submission deadline has passed and you made it in.
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Post by Mor'Ladim »

WELP, the deadline is here and I didn't get to finish my map. I made some decent progress on it at least, and can salvage it for something else. My apologies! I shouldn't have signed up for this, especially since I know how dreadful my work schedule is. Good job to everyone else, though!
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

Rachael wrote:No, but it does support COAL and RTS. If you google "3DGE Wiki" it should explain how to do that, I personally don't know.

If you need even further assistance, a fork of GZDB called "3DGE Builder" is also available which has 3DGE-specific configs.
help!
"UDMF: TEXTMAP must start with namespacement assignment."
a window with this message shows up when I start a map created with this.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Have you tried making your map in ZDoom format? Sometimes if I start my map in ZDoom format and switch it to UDMF, it generates the proper text map. I just recently discovered this, so give it a try.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

I'm trying to use 3dge(UDMF) I've tried simple 3dge too but it gives me the same results. I'm not understranding what exactly you mean, if you mean starting the map in zdoom format and switching to 3dge udmf later then it didn't help, still same problem and same error.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Sorry about that Zen! I didnt specify on some things and left a few steps out due to responding from mobile. Give this a try:

Save your map in ZDoom(UDMF) format. It will nag you about configurations but just ignore them all for right now. You say you started in 3DGE(UDMF) format, so this should work.

1. Once your map is saved and successfully configured to ZDoom, save your map INTO your WAD, and open it in an editor like SLADE.

2. Check out your TEXTMAP text file, which should be now available from using the UDMF format.

3. Look for the line "namespace = "zdoom";". It should be on the first line. From my experience, this is all that you should need to get your 3DGE map running correctly in UDMF format! Simply copy this text in Notepad, close out of SLADE, reopen your WAD, reconfigure your maps back to 3DGE(UDMF), save those maps into your WAD in the correct format, and add the "namespace" tag for each TEXTMAP file.

I'm not experienced with UDMF at all, as I never use it period. But during my tests for UDMF and the EPK/PK3 format I had issues similar to yours. If you have further issues in regards to node building, 3DGE Builder packs a external node builder but I always keep a copy of GLBSP available. It's archaic as hell, but it works and optimizes each and every piece of data on my maps for faster map times and loading. You can find GLBSP here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/glbsp/
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

did everything you said, now I get an error saying couldn't load znodes
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

So what's going on with this? Have the maps been compiled or has a map order been made yet? Don't mind me, I'm just trying to keep the ball rolling with this project.

(edit)

I made a Titlepic for the project. Feel free to use or not use it.

I also did an intermission pic based off of the logo from Astral Pathfinder by RunSaber. Hope you don't mind :8
Last edited by Voltcom9 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I like it! As far as compiling the maps go, I haven't done that yet, I was going to wait until the end of the fix-up period and do a couple betas and then release it.
NuclearPotato

Post by NuclearPotato »

I mean, having a compiled beta for people to check out and leave feedback on would help a bit when it comes to fixing up maps. Encourages people to actually try out everyone's maps and all.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Thing is, my partner in crime (Coraline) has been having computer issues lately, and I was kinda hoping for her help in dissecting and recompiling the maps into proper 3DGE format since that's what she works with, and I don't normally do that.
NuclearPotato

Post by NuclearPotato »

Ah, that's understandable. Don't sweat it too much then, we can wait for Coraline to get her rig back up and running.
PepsiBepsi

Post by PepsiBepsi »

I forgot map fix up deadline was tomorrow. I just made a quick update. Added an extra walkway and secret. Wasn't able to test balancing with new enemies, but it should be fine
download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ft4f52z7a ... EdgeCp.wad

Return to “Levels”