Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: Reincarnation of Evil Resource Pack - Overhauled

Post by Ghastly »

There has been progress! Thanks to Zrrion and Kinsie, I have sprite sets for the Grenade Launcher and Lightning Gun, and have been working on them. I put together a video to show off some of it.

A lot of this is still very much work in progress. The Lightning Gun doesn't look or work quite how I want just yet, and the Siphon Grenade still looks a little janky. I'm pretty happy with the Grenade Launcher, barring some tweaking.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Out of boredom the last couple of days, I just coded up almost every sphere powerup from Doom 4, as well as a few other items. Kinda surprised I got the Invisibility working how I wanted.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Ghastly raised from the dead :)
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Put together a double-jump, for the Lateral Thruster item. It actually works a hell of a lot better than I thought it would.

And with that and the Frag Grenade coded up, that's a good 16 items or so for the pack that are basically done, but just need pickup sprites (and some need projectile sprites). Anybody want any practice making pickup sprites and sphere powerup sprites? Screenshots and videos for reference are in links on the first post.
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

yeet
Last edited by XLightningStormL on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

XLightningStormL wrote:exactly what items need to be sprited?
There's a progress list on the first post, with screenshots and video of how the originals work and look.

Edit: Also, wanted to point out that the Shield Wall doesn't have to be a model. I've done something similar before, with sprites.
XLightningStormL

yeet
Last edited by XLightningStormL on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Thanks! If I'm doing one hand grenade per pickup (a la Heretic's Time Bombs and Hexen's Flechettes) then that might be a little large for that item's pickup, but it'd work perfectly for the ammo pickup for the grenade launcher.

Edit: Realized I have a pickup sprite for it, so I coded up an air system for Doom 3's air tank pickup.
XLightningStormL

yeet
Last edited by XLightningStormL on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

I made a single frame concept of the doom 3 commando... like 4 years back. maybe this will help?
Attachments
doom3commando.png
doom3commando.png (6.45 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Got the Soul Cube working how I want!

XLightningStormL wrote:The Munitions Crate
Nice, thanks! Haven't worked out how exactly I want it to work; either dropping a bunch of ammo pickups around it, straight giving ammo to the player, or throwing homing ammo pickups at the player more like Doom 4 does. But I'll work on it.
Crudux Cruo wrote:doom 3 commando
Good concept. Fist Marine might take less editing, but the Doom 2 Commando's a really good base, as well.

Edit3: Munitions Crate is done:
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Woo! Hologram's done, I have working code for the Kinetic Mine, and I've figured out a good chunk of how the Threat Sensor and Threat Pulse will work (I just need a better way of drawing a sprite to a player's screen besides HudMessageOnActor)!
XLightningStormL

Re: Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

yeet
Last edited by XLightningStormL on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

XLightningStormL wrote:1. What's the News?
Nothing much for the last while. Been working on other stuff, not Doom related. Pretty much just stuck on sprites and a better way of drawing something to screen.
2. How does the Siphon Grenade work? need a how-to for RN
A_Explode returns a count of how many things were damaged. Give it a damagetype so it doesn't hurt things like destructible decorations and barrels, and use that amount to determine how much health to give to the player who threw it.
XLightningStormL

yeet
Last edited by XLightningStormL on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Resources”