[BETA] DEAD MARINE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [BETA] DEAD MARINE

Post by Skelegant »

This is one of my new favorite mods, I love the "old ID" aesthetic :D
I made a few more marine name code doodads (following the actors theme lol)
Spoiler:
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Version 0.9.3 is out today, some tasty changes, but pretty minor. The new weapon set is still in the works but until then I'm polishing some things up. Changelist below!

changelog 1.9.3:
-tweaked recoil on most weapons
-slightly improved chaingun flash animation
-first pass on reshading HUD healthbars
-fixed mancubus xdeath not calling the BossDeath script
-player class now defined through mapinfo, not keyconf
-changed armor pickup sprites
-small sound changes (poppier medkits, additional monster sounds, etc.)
LukasG2004
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by LukasG2004 »

TheEternalStruggler wrote:It makes sense. I guess I'm a bit new to coding, so I had a messup! :P

Thanks for the help man! I really appreciate it, as I now was able to fix the Baron and it works now like a charm! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e5h9hk7kw ... rv0.94.pk3

Here! It's awesome.

I can finally get to work on the Doom II monsters now (such as the Hellknight, Archvile, Arachnotron, maybe the Pain Elemental? Unsure what to do with the Pain Elemental tbh.)

I think the gore addon is almost finished at this point. I'd say 80% complete?
This addon looks promising, trying it now :D
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

TheEternalStruggler wrote:It makes sense. I guess I'm a bit new to coding, so I had a messup! :P

Thanks for the help man! I really appreciate it, as I now was able to fix the Baron and it works now like a charm! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e5h9hk7kw ... rv0.94.pk3

Here! It's awesome.

I can finally get to work on the Doom II monsters now (such as the Hellknight, Archvile, Arachnotron, maybe the Pain Elemental? Unsure what to do with the Pain Elemental tbh.)

I think the gore addon is almost finished at this point. I'd say 80% complete?

Anyway, I really appreciate the help and I love your Faspons mod! :D
This combined with the lighting fix is now my go to vanilla beautification wads. For me this is shaping up to be "Smooth Doom + Ketchup" and "Beautiful Doom" killer.

I am very excited for the full release of this mod and will be following this thread closely!
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Playing Requiem with Dead Marine. Great experience! Weapons and HUD have flawless style, while remaining true to vanilla behavior. Ambient sounds and dead marines' signs on the walls add much to atmosphere.

As previously mentioned, weapon recoil maybe is a bit too much, especially zoom-in-zoom-out effect is quite eye straining.
Also when someone plays without mouselook, he have to center view from time to time, because player looks more and more up. I could not find the exact source of pitch change. BFG leaves pitch a bit higher than it was before firing, maybe something else too. Or I am just being stupid and Dead Marine is not intended to be played without mouselook.

Edit: and, of course, thanks for creating Dead Marine!

Edit 2: just noticed: nightmare archvile becomes totally invisible while resurrecting monsters.
BreakerMaker

Post by BreakerMaker »

This maybe an unusual request and I love what this mod does in many areas.
Do you think you can produce a version of this mod that is compatible with other weapons mods like FinalDoomer+?
I love the hud elements of map introduction text along with the gore, but I've attempted to play this using FD+ and got mixed results.
TheNotSoActiveGuy

Post by TheNotSoActiveGuy »

Hey, Gifty. Just made an account to say this. Love this mod. Currently playing it with Doom 2 on the Dead Marine difficulty.
Though, when I opened your pk3, I noticed 2 new weapons : the rifle and the nightmare chaingun. As they are in a folder called Nightmare, I guess they must be in the dead marine difficulty, but I did not find them in my gameplay. Also, one of the super shotgun sprites is a png and not a Doom graphic. That's all I have to say. Great work.
mentha

Post by mentha »

hello i absolutely love the ambient sounds in this and was wondering if you could release that by itself so i can play it with other gameplay mods too. thank you for your time :)
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Just as a quick suggestion:

To further add to this mod's "old-id" aesthetic, perhaps have enemies spill out gore props (i.e., small blood pools & bits of flesh) in this fashion?

Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

So basically you're asking for the implementaion of Nashgore?
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Someone64 wrote:So basically you're asking for the implementaion of Nashgore?
Not necessarily. Basically just to make already-existing gore actors in vanilla Doom spawn, such as the small blood pools, crushed remains, bits of entrails, etc.
thejbizz

Post by thejbizz »

Just took this for a quick spin. Great, great mod.

Feature request: If you're going to have a mission briefing and status at the top of the screen, maybe it'd be nice to have some notification when you've gotten 100% kills, secrets, or items, like making the text blue and/or playing a little tone.

Also, I dig what you're doing with the screen shake and pulsing, but it can be a bit nauseating after a while. Maybe some option to reduce it or turn it off?

Also, it would be nice if the HUD could have an indicator for having Berzerk.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Doomguy walking animation is gone for some reason, also face doesn't show in the face screen.
thejbizz

Post by thejbizz »

Even Deader Marine bug: On MAP10 of Going Down, telefragging the Barons sometimes leaves floating gibs.

VGA

Post by VGA »

Is there a way to fix the HUD on my 16:10 resolution? (1680x1050)

Also, the zoom in/out effect on the shotguns and such is way too much! No way I can do a long session like this :/

Return to “Gameplay Mods”