Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Kriegsland : Blutorden (Updated 2.3b 31/03/18)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

It isn't the slot problem, but where to spawn them. Sure, i could assign each weapon piece to a singular weapon, but that would make the game only playable on the "bringest them oneth" or however it is spelled.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

by complete accident I played this with kriegsland and found that the first level so far is actually doable! using the knife is a legitimate option and the health packs are correct. it still seems that everything else is still not there. Are you planning to add hexen compat?
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

I love this mod but I have one issue. It seems when I blast a dude everyone comes running so I just have big mobs and then an empty map sections. Like on one map I was playing I blasted everyone got the blue key and on the other side of the door was a massive pile of dudes and that side of the map was empty besides the spawning enemies and guys inside buildings behind doors. :(
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

insightguy wrote:by complete accident I played this with kriegsland and found that the first level so far is actually doable! using the knife is a legitimate option and the health packs are correct. it still seems that everything else is still not there. Are you planning to add hexen compat?
I am sorry for not seeing this earlier.

I can make a hacky patch, but i am pretty sure it won't be 100% the experience we are used to in Doom or Heretic. Just need some time with this.
Rex705 wrote:I love this mod but I have one issue. It seems when I blast a dude everyone comes running so I just have big mobs and then an empty map sections. Like on one map I was playing I blasted everyone got the blue key and on the other side of the door was a massive pile of dudes and that side of the map was empty besides the spawning enemies and guys inside buildings behind doors. :(
Thank you for playing!

I noticed that, mainly on Doom 2's map 21. It is possible that i forgot an attribute or a flag for the nazi soldiers (my bet is on the +AMBUSH flag), so, i'll begin some tests here to see if i can solve the problem. Thanks for noticing.
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

I found a really minor bug.
Gewehr 53 only uses one ammo in zoomed fire, despite it uses 2 ammo in normal fire.

I was thinking, Kampfpistole is too weak to use.
It can only deal 40-50 damage in direct hit, and splash damage is usually too weak to kill adjacent enemies.
Lawine-6 has limited range but it can deal 150+ damage, and this grenade launcher uses same 1 rocket ammo like Kampfpistole, so there is almost no reason to use this flare gun.
To Adding salt to injury, Kampfpistole can't deal any damage to robots.
I think Kampfpistole should deal 90-100 damage at least.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks namsam! I can't do anything but agree. The kampfpistole needs some love.

Also, for those who thought Kriegsland stopped in the rails and won't get any more attention, i say, just wait. I don't have anything blasting new to show, but many polishments are on their way :)
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

GAA1992 wrote:Thanks namsam! I can't do anything but agree. The kampfpistole needs some love.

Also, for those who thought Kriegsland stopped in the rails and won't get any more attention, i say, just wait. I don't have anything blasting new to show, but many polishments are on their way :)
I'm currently using the weapons-only version of this mod. It's fantastic so far.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

GAA1992 wrote:Thanks namsam! I can't do anything but agree. The kampfpistole needs some love.

Sweet can't wait for updates :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Kriegsland : Blutorden (Updated 2.4 27/06/18) HAPPY B.DA

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, time sure flies!

On this day, exactly one year ago, i released to the public a clunky pile of horsepoop known as Kriegsland: Blutordnung. With the help of so many influencers and feedbacks, the stone was polished to turn into what we have today: a Dieselpunk-styled mod where you fight nazis and robots with reimagined WWII armory, tons of variety and easter eggs. I am pretty satisfied with the mod, being modest. But i know it can get higher and higher.

My objective at the beggining of the year, was to have at least something Playable from Kriegsland II: Untergrund for this birthday. Of course, i don't have anything other than cool sprites and ideas to show off, and that doesn't satisfy nobody except me, maybe.

So i gathered some things on the last weeks and prepared an update that isn't a big blast, but at least polishes and fixes some things even more and keeps Kriegsland on the level, like always. So, a big THANK YOU for all of the 1000+ downloads and fun times i've had learning more and making this game for you!

If you guys get a bad file or anything, please contact me!

Here goes the changelog:
Spoiler:
Have fun and GET PSYCHED!

P.S.: To avoid bumping another thread, erni945 made an awesome patch for Ultra Crispy!!! It contains all musics from Blood 1 and 2 and i really would like you to download it and have some fun times!

Thank you buddy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v5bb7bj2c ... h.pk3/file
erni945

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:Well, time sure flies!

On this day, exactly one year ago, i released to the public a clunky pile of horsepoop known as Kriegsland: Blutordnung. With the help of so many influencers and feedbacks, the stone was polished to turn into what we have today: a Dieselpunk-styled mod where you fight nazis and robots with reimagined WWII armory, tons of variety and easter eggs. I am pretty satisfied with the mod, being modest. But i know it can get higher and higher.

My objective at the beggining of the year, was to have at least something Playable from Kriegsland II: Untergrund for this birthday. Of course, i don't have anything other than cool sprites and ideas to show off, and that doesn't satisfy nobody except me, maybe.

So i gathered some things on the last weeks and prepared an update that isn't a big blast, but at least polishes and fixes some things even more and keeps Kriegsland on the level, like always. So, a big THANK YOU for all of the 1000+ downloads and fun times i've had learning more and making this game for you!

If you guys get a bad file or anything, please contact me!

Here goes the changelog:
Spoiler:
Have fun and GET PSYCHED!

P.S.: To avoid bumping another thread, erni945 made an awesome patch for Ultra Crispy!!! It contains all musics from Blood 1 and 2 and i really would like you to download it and have some fun times!

Thank you buddy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v5bb7bj2c ... h.pk3/file
I did not expect a year to pass :o , but in spite of everything, the mod is great in my opinion and I hope that you will still develop it. The changer is quite interesting so I will gladly download this version :)
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

yay it's awesome to see this mod get some updates :) Will the weapon and enemies packs be updated as well?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yes! Not today, but probably on the weekend. I want to revise internal organization, as i am sure there is unused stuff due to copy and paste matters.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:Yes! Not today, but probably on the weekend. I want to revise internal organization, as i am sure there is unused stuff due to copy and paste matters.
And due to the fact that you have released a new version, I plan to upgrade and release my music patch to kriegsland which I will probably release soon :wink:
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I noticed that all difficulties have the SpawnFilter set to Hard and there's none with an enemy HealthFactor of 1, only 0.5 or 0.75. Why is that? :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey! Good to see you around!

Actually, one of the first feedbacks from Kriegsland was that the enemies were bullet sponges and moved too fast. Then, lazy as i am, i just lowered their health on difficulties instead of individually and it stuck =p

And, as for the spawn filter, i planned to set difficulty levels based in the aracnocide system (which, in exchange, were tottally based on Crossfire doom mod). But it's really not fun having so few enemies around, considering the player has so many weapon advantages. of course, if this gets to be a request, i can set better options for difficulty levels. ;)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”