Reelism Gold! Expansion Pack 3 (X3.1 Patch p.101)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
undeadmonk354

Re: Reelism Gold! Expansion Pack 3 (X3.1 Patch p.101)

Post by undeadmonk354 »

Ladies and Gentlemen,
for the first time, Reelism has....

A demon announcer! (Voiced by Undeadmonk354)

this is the first time in years Reelism has a new announcer since Marty Kirra and you will enjoy his demonic announcing voice.
Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1z1puiaje ... ouncer.wad
NOTE: This currently replaces the original announcer voice.
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

what does the 9-9-9 jackpot script do in any maps? (including the motherboard?)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

It's a wildcard. Always depends on the map.

You could do PukeName RigSlots 9 9 9 in the console on a map, in order to force the reels to roll a 9-9-9 jackpot. That's how I discovered what they do (though I haven't done that everywhere, and I haven't played Reelism in a long time... so I forget what most of 'em do).

I do remember The Motherboard's 9-9-9 special... it spawns in these creepy monsters, known as Men In Black. They're just pale dapper dudes in black trenchcoats, hats, and sunglasses, who continuously fire bullets at you. What makes them creepy is their behavior... they make no sound, except for the firing of their guns. Also, they each have 700 health... which is also creepy. They're hard to take down, and are fairly good shots... but they swarm in as often as any enemy... so soon enough you'll be swarmed by these shady dudes.

Pray that the 9-9-9 reel isn't the first one rolled when you enter The Motherboard...
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

DoomKrakken wrote:Pray that the 9-9-9 reel isn't the first one rolled when you enter The Motherboard...
There's actually a "safelist" that restricts what can be rolled on the first round so you don't get dicked over straight out of the gate. As a result, none of the three slots will roll a 9 on the first round.

Code: Select all

// These rig the slots in round 1 to avoid unfairness
int round1slots1[10] = { 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 16, 17, 18 };
int round1slots2[11] = { 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15 };
int round1slots3[12] = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 };
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Ooh cool! :D
Miru

Post by Miru »

The best idea for the future of Reelism would just be refining what’s already in the mod. Like adding more content to each slot. For example, Bullet Hoses getting the Uzi and Retro Machine Gun, similar to how the Jackhammer shows up both in Bullet Hoses and This Is My Boomstick.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”