Now that the dust has settled . . .

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Now that the dust has settled . . .

Postby Naniyue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:43 pm

And I've had time to gather my thoughts . . .

Maybe it's from growing up pre-internet, but I am disgusted with the excessive level of
cynicism in this forum received over a genuine plight. However, I tried to make a sort of "let
bygones be bygones" topic, and even that went totally elsewhere. What is the matter with
this forum nowadays? No, I'm not blaming everyone, nor am I upset with everyone, but
there are many of you that have eroded my faith in this forum, and internet communication
in general.

Maybe I'm too naive for my age, but with the power of the internet, I figured one dollar
from 6,000 out of MILLIONS of wage earners would have been relatively simple. Many of you
lose more than a buck on lottery tickets on any given day!

And my postings in the off-topic section considered excessive and annoying? I was
always under the impression that that area was General Nerd City! You can't expect
everyone to have the intelligence, skill, and TIME to be prolific producers of (G)ZDooM
content. And while most of the projects I've been involved in would have been nothing
without LWM's base code and ZHS2's genius, that doesn't mean I just sat in the shade
having a picnic. I don't know about you, but making a mod for this game is very difficult
and time consuming. Praise be to all of you that have done such great work, by God, for
FREE!

So yeah, I'm disgusted, disappointed, depressed, and angry. However, I do not want to
lose complete faith in this forum, so please, let's all take another look at each of our own
selves, including myself, before letting the bad stuff flare up again, OK?
Naniyue
TTThhppttt!!!

Re: Now that the dust has settled . . .

Postby wildweasel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Now that you've said your piece, I hope you'll forgive me for closing this on you before anybody replies to it.
wildweasel
「お前はもうトースト」[you are already toast.]
Moderator Team Lead

Re: Now that the dust has settled . . .

Postby Rachael » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:15 pm

A lot of these statements are very pointy and completely lack any self-awareness whatsoever, lacking in ANY desire to see what you may have done to provoke the kind of responses you did.

And you wonder why the community "seems so hostile" lately?

No one is perfect and I am not asking you to be, but please stop trying to put the blame on everyone else - or, "the community" as you call it. That act gets old real damn fast. The community's fine - it's not perfect, either, and it has its problems, but it's still alive and kicking and thriving, and is actually regarded as one of the more safer havens compared to the rest of the internet.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness