Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Re: Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Post by Apaul27 »

I had a request, can you try to add Scott and Rebecca from Shadow Of The Wool Ball and Rise Of The Wool Ball (as a team).
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

What's the difference between the one listed as 'modcompat' and the base version?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Gideon020 wrote:What's the difference between the one listed as 'modcompat' and the base version?
Modcompat is an addon to provide proper Samsara support to several map packs.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Please add this (ignore the "for brains" at the start) to Duke's starting quotes.
Solaela
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Solaela »

Outta curosity... Is this still being worked on? And do you have a file to give harmony support? I use it with the recent GZdoom and even with modcopat and the enemies end up supersized and I don't know what else is going to look wrong.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

does look very fun
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Solaela wrote:Outta curosity... Is this still being worked on? And do you have a file to give harmony support? I use it with the recent GZdoom and even with modcopat and the enemies end up supersized and I don't know what else is going to look wrong.
Harmony support is unlikely since IIRC Harmony uses a lot of DEHACKED which makes it a colossal pain to work with from a DECORATE perspective. Sorry about that.
Solaela
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Solaela »

Kinsie wrote:
Solaela wrote:Outta curosity... Is this still being worked on? And do you have a file to give harmony support? I use it with the recent GZdoom and even with modcopat and the enemies end up supersized and I don't know what else is going to look wrong.
Harmony support is unlikely since IIRC Harmony uses a lot of DEHACKED which makes it a colossal pain to work with from a DECORATE perspective. Sorry about that.
Ah ok. Was just wondering on that since when Term was doing it he apparently had a patch for it but it's no longer there. Ah well :P
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

...I'll wait until you've reworked Duke before I play as him due to that ammo error.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:...I'll wait until you've reworked Duke before I play as him due to that ammo error.
It might get more attention if you could go into detail about what exactly the error is.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

wildweasel wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:...I'll wait until you've reworked Duke before I play as him due to that ammo error.
It might get more attention if you could go into detail about what exactly the error is.
He elaborated on the ZDF discord. It's the one listed in Known Bugs in the OP. If anyone wants to take the necessary amount of peyote required to understand the Duke pistol code and figure it out, I'll gladly accept their patches...
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Kinsie wrote:
wildweasel wrote:
He elaborated on the ZDF discord. It's the one listed in Known Bugs in the OP. If anyone wants to take the necessary amount of peyote required to understand the Duke pistol code and figure it out, I'll gladly accept their patches...
Ancient Aliens 2 : the journey to understand samsara code
MrJesseMoore

Post by MrJesseMoore »

I managed to get rid of the duke pistol bug. I only tested this in single player with samsara-v0.3666-beta.pk3. You can open the pk3 with 7-Zip, extract pistol.dec from root\decorate\duke.

In a text editor change line 12 to: Weapon.AmmoType "Clip"

At line 27 add:
Spawn:
PISP A -1
Stop
ReadyC:
DKPS A 1 A_WeaponReady
TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("DukeWaiting",15,"WaitingTaunt")
loop

Makes single player more fun to me with the challenge of conserving ammo.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

MrJesseMoore wrote:I managed to get rid of the duke pistol bug. I only tested this in single player with samsara-v0.3666-beta.pk3. You can open the pk3 with 7-Zip, extract pistol.dec from root\decorate\duke.

In a text editor change line 12 to: Weapon.AmmoType "Clip"

At line 27 add:
Spawn:
PISP A -1
Stop
ReadyC:
DKPS A 1 A_WeaponReady
TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("DukeWaiting",15,"WaitingTaunt")
loop

Makes single player more fun to me with the challenge of conserving ammo.
This also seems to break the reloading every 12 shots.

EDIT: I found a proper fix! But it requires the use of CountInv, which Zandro doesn't have. Sweet.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Would it be any easier to imitate vanilla Duke3D's questionable way of doing it, by reloading whenever the number of bullets reaches a multiple of 12 rather than checking if 12 shots have been fired?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”