[CANCEL] HeXen: The Land of the Serpent Riders(GZDoom/Zand)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
RockstarRaccoon

Re: [WIP] HeXen III: The Land of the Serpent Riders(GZDoom/Z

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I'd love to help out, but I've got a bit more Doom project than fits on my plate right now though, so I can't really promise anything...
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Hi

Finally I finished the map. It's an enhanced version of the HeXen II map called "Kings Court" in the Blacksmarsh hub. I'm really confident that is a good result after all, I still need to figure some differences of the map between Zandronum and GZDoom (some offsets looks completely different and some slopes don't work correctly), it's the first map that I use UDMF, and that makes more easier to achieve some effects there.

Anyway Hope you enjoy the screens.
Spoiler: Map 23: Thyrion Blacksmarsh
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Hello

I've been really busy these last weeks in my job, but that doesn't mean that I was doing nothing about this project

Some updates in the first hub: the maps Map03: Heresiarch Temple and Map04: Swamp of Torik are completed... Here are some screenshots
Spoiler: Map 03 "Heresiarch Temple" by GG_Fritog & Taurustar
Spoiler: Map04 "Swamp of Torik" by Taurustar
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

I remember seeing this on ModDB like a year ago, and being quite disappointed it was cancelled. Glad to see it's been revived! Looks rockin'!
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Whoah wrote:I remember seeing this on ModDB like a year ago, and being quite disappointed it was cancelled. Glad to see it's been revived! Looks rockin'!
Yea I cancelled because I was more focused in other aspects, besides I left this game a lot of time ago... I just restart the project at the begining of this year and as you can see I made a lot of progress but also I'm still in need of some help.

Anyway I have a good news about this... Probably it could be too soon to announce it but actually I have a demo that I'm going to publish to this forum in a couple of days. Besides I'm going to make a server for those that plays Zandronum in TSPG servers with this mod in a open server (Yea, this time I'm going to make it as Public test). The reason of this is because I have the first 2 hubs completed, I'm still having the help of Madcat that is helping me with the 3rd Hub, besides there's a lot of work to do but I'm going to reserve the details of the demo that I'm going to publish in my next post.

Anyway so here are the screenshots of the 2 maps that I haven't post it yet of the 1st hub.
Spoiler: Orchard of Evil
Spoiler: D'sparil Tomb (Boss map)
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

So finally After a couple of months of work here is a Public testing wad for Zandronum/GZDoom of HeXen 3

What does this contain?

Actually this has the first 2 episodes of HeXen 3: The Land of the Serpent Riders, The Dark Temple and Korax Fortress. Besides the new classes that were supposed to have in the old beta from 2010 but ripped in the demo version that I launched when I restarted the project.
Some levels has been improved, with the idea to give a better feeling of this.

So this still as WIP

Yea, it is, actually I must add more content, specially for the weapon stuff that is going to modified for the last version (It will have 6 weapons per class and not 4, besides a new type of Mana is added), also some sprites must be changed, and there still a decorate work to do.

I must say that this project is taking so long, but I guess you will enjoy some moments of it. There's still work to do and I appreciate if you have some feedback. have fun with it and share your comments here.

Link:
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... icv1_0.wad

Server Hosted in TSPG for Zandronum players
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

There's one critical bug on Map05 and Map02 with line blocking, it doesn't change the line properties well via script in Co-Op with zandronum, in the map02 I had to use Rcon to run the script again (with Puke) and it fixes the problem, but with the Map05 I can't do anything, that makes the hub impassable because there's a puzzle item needed on the house.

Besides there's a line blocking door in Map03 in mp and sp... but is not critical (you can just use the other door instead)

I reccommend to play it in singleplayer (Zandronum or GZDoom) to avoid any problems
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

For those who like to play it multiplayer on Zandronum, a new version has been uploaded with fixes on the critical bugs

I'm still looking if there are more problems playing in multiplayer
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Do you still intend to have a guest Cameo by the Dragon Prince?
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

zombie_ryushu wrote:Do you still intend to have a guest Cameo by the Dragon Prince?

I'm still open for that chance
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Hello Ppl

It's been a long time since my last updates. I had some rl stuff to take care but it doesn't mean that I abandoned this project. Actually I have some progress to share but first of all I'll announce some little stuff.

Next Public test is intended for the first week of June. My main idea is in this last public test until the official release of HeXen 3 wad

-Weapons sprites for Dark Knight is completed.
-Some Bosses and weapons behaviour are changed for more balance and also smoothly effects in their animations.
-It will include the same levels as the last release with some bug fix and also level details. (GZDoom intended only, so probably in zandronum will have some different behaviour)
-Secret Hub will be reopened, it can be accessible in the secret exit on the second hub.
zombie_ryushu wrote:Do you still intend to have a guest Cameo by the Dragon Prince?
-Dragon prince confirmed. However, is not fully defined if he will appear only in dialogs or will have an specific function for the rest of the story. At least for this demo it only will appear and speak to you. (Besides he is the one who gives you hints on the Secret Hub)

Now. I'll show you some progress on the final stuff. Here is the first place on the 3rd Hub "Dark Kingdom", it doesn't have the monsters, items, wepons and puzzles. but at least is the layout of the map combined with some thing placement. Kudos for Madcat who made this awesome and HUGE map.
Spoiler: The Dark Kingdom Map. By Madcat
Also here is how I'm starting with the Map93: Laos Observatory
Spoiler: Map93: Laos Observatory Early pics
JadedLexi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by JadedLexi »

I really like those screenshots. The only thing I had a problem with was the blue pillars here: http://hexentic.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 290573.png
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

@Taurustar: Your screenshots, while they're not that big, there are too many of them. Either cut them down in numbers or convert them into direct links.
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

JadedLexi wrote:I really like those screenshots. The only thing I had a problem with was the blue pillars here: http://hexentic.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 290573.png
as I say the map is only finished in the layout thing... I still need to edit it, I've already considerate the idea to make a texture replacement in some areas so I'll keep in mind these pillars
Blue Shadow wrote:@Taurustar: Your screenshots, while they're not that big, there are too many of them. Either cut them down in numbers or convert them into direct links.
Oh well that was because the map was huge... I'll try to not show so many screenshots at once next time
JadedLexi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by JadedLexi »

Taurustar wrote:
JadedLexi wrote:I really like those screenshots. The only thing I had a problem with was the blue pillars here: http://hexentic.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 290573.png
as I say the map is only finished in the layout thing... I still need to edit it, I've already considerate the idea to make a texture replacement in some areas so I'll keep in mind these pillars
Okay! This is definitely a project I'm looking forward to. :)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”