DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

Post by Xeotroid »

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but the portal to MAP49 is broken (in the top left part of the cathedral) - it lacks both the sector entrance and sector exit actors that activate their scripts. I made a quick fix, you can download it here.
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kroc »

I noticed that too. Also the out-building (next to the graveyard) has serious issues with rendering in any version of GZDoom I've tried.
I hope that perhaps some kind of bug-hunt could be done to fix up DUMP3 to work in the latest GZDoom -- it feels like parts of it were all developed using different engines and the WAD as a whole didn't get tested on the same, single engine version.

P.S. I should add, I'm happy to play-test, but I can't code any DOOM-stuff, so I can't acually do the fixes.
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Do you mean the secret level portals? I think it's intentional that they're rendered in a completely broken way, they don't even have correctly aligned textures and you get Wolf3D Nazis to greet you inside. The outside of the building look fine to me.
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kroc »

What a bizzarre choice; but if it's supposed to be that way, so be it! Thanks for the tip, and the patch, I can continue trying to 100% this monster now!
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

I'm not sure if the patch is compatible with saved games, though. If it doesn't work (if you get a load error or the save slot is just unloadable/has a different color), just use "puke 2 4 9" in the console in unpatched version of the map.
Bigbad75
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Bigbad75 »

Guy's be careful when using Gameplay mods that affect enemies. In "UAC ocean base" You have to kill a cyberdeamon to open a gate. I was using Shades of doom. and the gate didn't open for me. :( (_)3
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Nice bump m8. Looks like you were playing my map and you didn't took into consideration that any mod that randomize any monster would change things up for the worst. Same thing happens when keys are randomized and when those are involved in some scripts.

Remember that well when you play a mapset that mixes vanilla gameplay with scripts, some of them pretty advanced.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

This is more a problem for Shades of Doom in particular, though as some other monster mods handle this fine but the spawning script of Shades of Doom don't allow for it. I think this issue is also present for Smooth Doom and a few others. This only applies to certain maps that do it in certain way, I guess. Maybe leo's absolutely requires the vanilla one.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

@Someone64

Blame the randomspawner things. Those can easily fuck things up with monsters that have TIDs.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

leodoom85 wrote:@Someone64

Blame the randomspawner things. Those can easily fuck things up with monsters that have TIDs.
RandomSpawners should work, from my experience. Shades of Doom, however, does not use them. It handles this by script, so that every single spawner will spawn the same pick across a single level - that way, there will only ever be one kind of Zombieman, etc. per level, though that one kind is randomly chosen. While this works for most vanilla maps, the way it does this manages to decouple the spawned monster from most of the map-set flags that are supposed to exist on them, such as TIDs.

TL,DR: Shades of Doom is what needs to be fixed.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Haven't looked at Shades' code yet, but Smooth Doom was plagued by a similar problem for a long time. It probably misses some SXF_TRANSFER flags and doesn't share the calling actor's TID.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

leodoom85 wrote:@Someone64

Not exactly sure what TID's are but for example, would Random Deaths And Decorations break this map since a lot of the actors' names start with "AltDeath"? Like "Altdeathimp".
Gez

Post by Gez »

It should be fine if it uses the official RandomSpawners, but not necessarily if it uses some homecooked variant.
r0ymcfrosty
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by r0ymcfrosty »

Long time lurker here, made an account specifically to ask this so forgive my forum illiteracy. I can't seem to get the weapons to work on the map pack. Instead of giving me a weapon it seems to just print out "GiveInventory: unkown item type" and then the name of two levels for whatever reason.

Hate to bump an old af thread but I seriously can't find any help for this.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Try loading in this order: the weapon pack first, map pack second.

Return to “Levels”