Doom II Dark World

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mere_Duke

Re: Doom II Dark World

Post by Mere_Duke »

0mrcynic0 wrote:And I think a short story about the Dark World would be great as well. I know that Doom isn't known for great story lines but wads like Whispers of Satan and Going Down made me push through the game for its short but interesting intermissions.

What the heck, as long as the maps are good then story lines go second.
If you like short intermission stories, then you might wanna play "Shadows of The Nightmare Realm" mod.
Maybe watch a playthrough at least, but better play it yourself, it deserves your time.
LukasG2004
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by LukasG2004 »

Woah, this is way more than I ever expected! Doing this to the entire classic Doom franchise would be amazing (you don't have to though)!
Last edited by LukasG2004 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

MAP03 has an empty secret (sector #164) on lower skill levels. Finding such a secret is a bit disappointing.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Whoops. That'll be fixed in a version 2 - when it will be released, we're not sure. :P
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

I already gave this a review on Doomworld (four stars) but I wanted to repeat what I said over there on here. I really enjoyed this remix. It's fun and tough. I just wished (and hope) there's more of it. Still, the 11 levels provided is nothing to sneeze at since they're all of high quality, in my opinion. Awesome job, folks. <3
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Hellser wrote:Whoops. That'll be fixed in a version 2 - when it will be released, we're not sure. :P
Also, MAP07 is quite broken on lower skill levels. Several teleport destinations (things #70, #72, #93) are missing preventing arachnotrons (medium skill) and archvile (easy and medium skills) from entering the fight.
Intentionally or not, candles (things #117-120) are not present on easy skill too.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Also is the voodoo doll supposed to rise the ceiling of the sector with the first of the final switches? It's not working for me.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This looks very interesting
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

Map07 was done by a guest mapper (Grymmoire), I'll take a look at the maps if he's alright with it to see if there's any flaws. And yes, drfrag - it's suppose to.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Well the poor guy is at his final position over the scroller and nothing happens but i cheated anyway (HMP skill) so i probably missed something, i pressed the switch with the revenants and nothing happened. This was in latest GZDoom (when i don't specify any version is the latest, the problem in ZDoom32 is the generalized crusher not killing you nor the monsters).
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

I usually don't like maps filed with revenants and cyberdemons but these ones are addictive
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home

Post by Armaetus »

Does this mean the latter third of Doom 2 gets turned into a tech base?
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

i started it...and it opened with the standard room with some blood on the ground and i went "ah, so its one of these "spiced up" packs"

turn the corner at the end of the room, and my brain went "nope nope....this is something great."

im also going to use this chance to break my quicksave habit. so...considering theres already revenants taht mightve been a bad choice.
Dr. Shotgun

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

cortlong50 wrote:im also going to use this chance to break my quicksave habit. so...considering theres already revenants taht mightve been a bad choice.
I wouldn't recommend it. At least, not for the ending of The Rise and Fall (The Crusher's replacement). I was able to make it up to that point without using quicksaves, but watch out for that final room. It's a bit...unbalanced.
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

Glad you're enjoying it! There has been a little progress with some of the later maps - but will take a while before anything is posted. Currently I'm in the process of moving and have little time to do any sort of mapping. So, as it stands, any feedback is worth it. The other members of the team are eye balling this thread for inspiration with fixing their existing maps and making later maps better.

Return to “Levels”