GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Combine_Kegan

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.1

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Funky Gnoll wrote:Blaz's powered slash will regain health even if the target is a spell cube. Probably not intended behavior?
Definitely not, just fixed that. I also fixed the orange pixel on the Doomslayer's hand and a few other things, I'm playtesting stuff as of late and I should have this update out soon. Still baffled as to how the hell that orange pixel got there.

I'm also gonna buff the torch's direct hit a little.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

i dunno if anyone said it but i think that he rocket launcher for doomslayer is really weak,it has only 30-60 ammo and it lacks power and splash range,meanwhile combine ssg with autoaim andd u can kill lots more.i REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY like this mod it was one of the first mods i played here
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

What is the significance of the buff you receive when Blaz is on a punching spree? I guess that it's supposed to boost defense while unarmed?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Gorec wrote:i dunno if anyone said it but i think that he rocket launcher for doomslayer is really weak,it has only 30-60 ammo and it lacks power and splash range,meanwhile combine ssg with autoaim andd u can kill lots more.i REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY like this mod it was one of the first mods i played here
I'm in the process of buffing Doomslayer's Wrath Caster, more impact and splash damage, though the radius is that of a vanilla doom rocket launcher.
Funky Gnoll wrote:What is the significance of the buff you receive when Blaz is on a punching spree? I guess that it's supposed to boost defense while unarmed?
More defense and different, slightly stronger punches for a short time. The defense boost works for everything though, so you could toss your sword, punch monsters til you get the buff then swap over to the blazter or get your sword back and you can still enjoy the boosted defense.
RustyController

Post by RustyController »

Kegan please add a quick throw button for the sword so i dont keep accidentally throwing a subweapon instead of my sword
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

RustyController wrote:Kegan please add a quick throw button for the sword so i dont keep accidentally throwing a subweapon instead of my sword
I'm afraid I won't be doing that. I have done everything possible to avoid adding extra buttons. Just keep practicing with the current system, I made the hold window fairly generous so as long as you make sure to only do quick taps for subweapons and keep the button pressed for the sword throw, you should be fine.

That said, I'm going to talk with others and get input, if others are having issues with the current set up I might move the sword throw to another button that's already available
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

There are four; you know the Weapon State keys that most mods tend not to use these days?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

AvzinElkein wrote:There are four; you know the Weapon State keys that most mods tend not to use these days?
I can't use those. GMOTA is Zandronum 3.0 compatible and I will keep it that way.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Combine_Kegan wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:There are four; you know the Weapon State keys that most mods tend not to use these days?
I can't use those. GMOTA is Zandronum 3.0 compatible and I will keep it that way.
Whoops! BTW, one of the quit messages mentions a bonelord and gibbing it. Care to explain?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

AvzinElkein wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:
Whoops! BTW, one of the quit messages mentions a bonelord and gibbing it. Care to explain?
You know how if you kill a bonelord they normally crumple into a pile of bones? At that point you need to destroy the remains or they'll self revive. However if you hit them REALLY hard or use a few guaranteed gib weapons (Like Blaz's powered up sword) they'll explode right away with a special death.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

So the "Power Strike" scroll basically reduces the cost of powered-up sword attacks, correct?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

AvzinElkein wrote:So the "Power Strike" scroll basically reduces the cost of powered-up sword attacks, correct?
power strike scroll? There's a book that gives you a fifth hit for your basic sword combo, and a scroll that lets you throw your sword. There's nothing in GMOTA that reduces the costs of power sword attacks, everything uses a single gem.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Combine_Kegan wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:So the "Power Strike" scroll basically reduces the cost of powered-up sword attacks, correct?
power strike scroll? There's a book that gives you a fifth hit for your basic sword combo, and a scroll that lets you throw your sword. There's nothing in GMOTA that reduces the costs of power sword attacks, everything uses a single gem.
I meant the item that replaces DOOM 2's Super Shotgun (the one that costs 2 ammo/shot).
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

AvzinElkein wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:
I meant the item that replaces DOOM 2's Super Shotgun (the one that costs 2 ammo/shot).
Ah, the Arcane Charger? The gem icon with the sword? You get a little energy back when you land power sword attacks with that.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Combine_Kegan wrote:Ah, the Arcane Charger? The gem icon with the sword? You get a little energy back when you land power sword attacks with that.
Which effectively reduces the cost, if I'm not mistaken.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”