[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Hidden Hands

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Hidden Hands »

ramon.dexter wrote:Actually, I like the old one better.
Hmm. Okay. Always worth checking out these things.

Here's a video clip of a cherub test using the newer one anyway. It has no rotations yet or death frames or SFX but it can attack. It's behaviour needs some work though.

BigProjectAlone

Post by BigProjectAlone »

Hidden Hands wrote:
ramon.dexter wrote:Actually, I like the old one better.
Hmm. Okay. Always worth checking out these things.

Here's a video clip of a cherub test using the newer one anyway. It has no rotations yet or death frames or SFX but it can attack. It's behaviour needs some work though.

Me too, i prefer the old one. But still looks nice! interesting! :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

I prefer the new head, no strong opinion on the rest of the sprite. The old head reminds me more of the shotgunner than of a baby face.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Its attack animation seems slow. I thought it's very agile and attack faster like a Hornet or something! But hey, nice looking guardian angel. :P
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Thank you for the input, I'll see what I can do to fix up its attack and looks. :)

Here is what I have so far. Are there any talented spriters here willing to help me finish up this sprite sheet? Basically I just need a few rotations and death animations. Having a bit of trouble getting the X3X7, X4X6, and X5 frames to look right. Animating the wings is whats making it a challenge. Can anyone help me out?
Attachments
Any help please?
Any help please?
ElectricPulse
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ElectricPulse »

Let's watch Doom:

*Suddenly doomguy turns Reaper and starts killing everyone*

Last edited by ElectricPulse on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

Looks like we got another Doom Movie weapon sprite in the works!
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

Hidden Hands wrote:Thank you for the input, I'll see what I can do to fix up its attack and looks. :)

Here is what I have so far. Are there any talented spriters here willing to help me finish up this sprite sheet? Basically I just need a few rotations and death animations. Having a bit of trouble getting the X3X7, X4X6, and X5 frames to look right. Animating the wings is whats making it a challenge. Can anyone help me out?

I'd also look into SgtMarkIV's leaping Imp code, aswell as creating some sprites for the animations for a leap attack, since the Cherubs use leap attacks, and would help separate them from pinkies, and every other melee demon/enemy out there.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

ElectricPulse wrote:Let's watch Doom:

*Suddenly doomguy turns Reaper (or Reeper, don't remember exactly) and starts killing everyone*
Sadly that reloading frame might need more extra expansion~
ElectricPulse

Post by ElectricPulse »

Sadly that reloading frame might need more extra expansion
Yes, i think it too. But the weapon gets very close to the camera when reloading (in the movie), but i will try to find a good angle to rip. Thx! :)
CWolf

Post by CWolf »

simploo wrote:Working on DOOM '16 styled enemy sprites using the actual models with some cleanup and color palette swapping, here is some of what I've done with the baron of hell.

Any advice / thoughts?
That's actually how D64 Baron had might to look like.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

ElectricPulse wrote:Let's watch Doom:

*Suddenly doomguy turns Reaper (or Reeper, don't remember exactly) and starts killing everyone*

This is definitely an interesting idea - have there been any previous attempts to bring the Doom Movie's arsenal into the game?
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

scalliano wrote: This is definitely an interesting idea - have there been any previous attempts to bring the Doom Movie's arsenal into the game?
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=30205 Early attempt at Rifle

And... that's all I could find. Someone mocked up a G36 once to look like Reaper's rifle, but I couldn't find it. Same with "Bio-force-gun" (lolololol) but I can't find that sprite either.
I think the shift in art style away from the familiar weapons put a few hard-pure doomers off the movie, who would have normally been the ones to put the effort in.

Shame.

Edit: There's a few mockups on Sketchfab. Maybe some of our model ripper/touch-a-uppers would be interested?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Eriance made the movie BFG for an early version of Demon Eclipse, it ended up becoming the Skulltag BFG10K.
ElectricPulse

Post by ElectricPulse »

Wow Vostyok, i was going to paste that sprite here, but you saved some time for me :lol:

Well, i ripped those sprites from the 1st person scene available in YouTube, that explains the missing parts of the reloading frames and the horrible quality. I will search the models on sketchfab, i never tought that.

Return to “General”