Droplets - Updated 11/10/2018!

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
doomsy

Re: Droplets - Updated 01/04/2017

Post by doomsy »

Hey. So i cant get this mod to work with anything else than only red blood ?
I want the blue and green blood to work for my cacodemons and barons.
I tried droplets_v15.pk3 and more itterations of the mod.
I tried it in both doom1 and doom2 iwad.
I tried it along with other mods, and i tried it as the only mod loaded.
Can someone help me get that green and blue blood working ? Thanks !
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Try loading droplets with Blood Fixer. Droplets mod itself doesn't contain blood colors.
doomsy

Post by doomsy »

thanks m8f that worked.
Was sure i read in this thread that droplet mod had colors....
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Just a quick note, I've added and fixed the Hideous Destructor patch for Droplets v15 on the github repo I put up a while ago: https://github.com/caligari87/droplets

8-)
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Something really strange is going on with all the droplets repositories. It's not happening with other github projects either. If I download the zips and extract them they throw errors no matter what software I use to do it. I've tried redownloading several times and this really seems to only be a problem for droplets. Oddly, though, using the 7-zip test feature to see if files are corrupted says it's completely normal but trying to extract them just breaks. This seems to only have happened after you added the new HD patch because I was able to use this repository to get droplets before.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

The issue here is quite simple. They're not telling you it's corrupted. Nope. They're telling you they can't extract the file due to filesystem errors.
Which errors?
Quite simply, Windows file names are case insensitive, and folders are basically kinda just a special type of file... And the repo has an extension-less file named "DECORATE" and a folder named "Decorate".
You obviously can't just put files inside another non-folder file, so it errors out.

tl;dr: Put an extension on those extension-less files, cali.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Whoops. Will get that fixed as soon as possible. I need to do some other TLC on all the repos anyway.

Stupid windows needing file extensions on everything.

8-)
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Since we saw SidDoyle post earlier in the month, you might want to remind him to update the links on the top so they work again.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

He's aware they need to be rehosted. I've talked with him over PM.

8-)
Josh771

Re: Droplets - Development Resumes!

Post by Josh771 »

Droplets has a brand new release on GitHub! I'm excited! Even if you aren't! :P

Changes are listed on the release page linked above. I would say that not much has changed on the user end, but there has been a great deal of fiddling with Droplets' guts to get it running with a fully ZScript-based implementation. I should be able to expand, fix, and add compatibility to Droplets much more easily than before. And who knows? I might implement some more new features if I can figure out what to add (or someone has a suggestion I really like).

The biggest difference between this release and previous releases that might be immediately noticed is the addition of some more floor splat decals to add variety. They've been added somewhat hastily and could probably be improved upon. Almost all blood behaviors have been tweaked or revised, so the keen player may see changes everywhere he/she looks (congratulations, you observant one!).

The mod currently still suffers from puddles and splatters hanging over ledges; I plan on addressing this at some point. Also, blood on liquid floors may currently cause some performance loss. Blood fog still hasn't been totally updated to play nicely with some of the bigger internal changes, but I couldn't resist making a release probably earlier than I should. :P The next release will hopefully fix blood fog issues; maybe I'll work on that tomorrow.

These things aside, it is just good to be back! Sorry I vanished like that.
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Oh nice, a new release. Will try this with a map set since I don't want to hot swap it with the version I'm using in the middle of current recordings/WAD plays.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

AAAAAAAAAAAAA-- ~gasp~ --AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa

In case you couldn't tell, I'm incredibly excited about this. Should it be basically compatible with Hideous Destructor, minus perhaps some blood coloration?

8-)
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

I'm not sure. I've recently downloaded HD but haven't played it yet. I may have to fish about in the code and see what's possible; I really want to re-introduce those little drops of blood the player would produce when bleeding out with Droplets. I might try it out today while making changes to blood fog.

EDIT: Droplets appears to be roughly compatible with Hideous Destructor at the moment, although I did notice that bleeding out leaves large shiny droplet images on the floor. That will have to be addressed one way or another.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

One thing I noticed while spot-checking: Your bloodsplats with the SPLT sprite name conflict with the plant-bits that spawn in HD when blue healing magic manifests. This will cause HD to make flowers out of bloodsplats, or bloodsplats to turn into plants/flowers, depending on whether droplets or HD is loaded first (generally the former). I fixed this in commits d763a77 and a03d9a3 on the v15_HD branch, though you may not be able to cherry-pick them in git unless you lowercase your "Sprites/" folder name.

Alternatively I can make the fix and pull request, if you like.

8-)
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Nah, that's alright. My current "fix" may not be valid for long, but hopefully the new sprite names I've used aren't going to create new and wondrous incompatibilities. I am beginning to feel the pain from being forced to use such short names for sprites...

Anyway, there's a new release available now! Droplets 1.0.1

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”