SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.2.5 (19/Dec/2023)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SiFi270

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.2 Beta 5 (11/Sep/2017)

Post by SiFi270 »

Is it me or is it decided at random whether giving offsets to a newly imported graphic will move it into a box to give you an idea what it would look like in game or just leave it in the corner? I've tried selecting another file and re-selecting the one I just gave offsets to, I've tried closing and re-opening the wad, and I've tried closing and re-opening the whole program, and the graphic still sits in the top left while a glance further down the screen assures me that it still remembers the numbers I entered for the offsets in the first place. The numbers alone don't help me, but with a preview I can look back and forth between the new graphic and the one I'm replacing to see if their positions really match. Even when I test it in game and see that it hasn't alinged properly, I still have no idea what number to enter where in order to move it how far in what direction.

I feel the need to apologize for this post starting with a terrible run-on sentence that I have no idea to fix.
Gez

Post by Gez »

You see that drop-down box that says "auto" near the offset input text boxes?

Basically it has three modes: graphic, sprite, and HUD. Graphics stay in the corner, because offsets are not relevant to them. Sprites are centered on a cross. HUD sprites are placed in a box.

The "auto" mode tries to automatically guess what kind of display is most appropriate. And notably, for images that are not in the sprites namespace, it will consider them to be graphics, this, I guess, is probably your problem.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Oh how embarassing it was all because I forgot to add "S_END" but somehow before I realized that the sprites still showed up in-game while I was testing? The sprites in question were replacements for CHGFA0 and CHGFB0, and at one point the former briefly appeared in a preview box where I wanted it to be but went back to the corner after that. But I guess these little mysteries are irrelevant now that things are going how I want them to. Thanks.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

I don't know if this issue has been addressed already, but whenever I try to scroll through sprites using the up/down arrow buttons, the sprites don't change accordingly. This makes it very frustrating and time consuming trying to sort through sprites.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Any chance of getting a new beta anytime soon? It's been half a year since the last one.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Not sure if this was fixed yet, but I guess the Linux repo (debian.drdteam.org) just updated to Beta5 I think. Now my custom ZScript functions have autocomplete and show argument lists, but built-in GZDoom ones don't. I'm also getting weird "flashes" in the text editor when I move the cursor, like it momentarily highlights a large chunk of something. Sorry if these have already been reported, I'm just seeing them now. Running Linux Mint 18.

8-)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Caligari87 wrote:Now my custom ZScript functions have autocomplete and show argument lists, but built-in GZDoom ones don't.
Do you have a tab open with gzdoom.pk3 in it?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

... Generally no. I didn't used to need it on the last beta.

8-)
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

Lud wrote:Any chance of getting a new beta anytime soon? It's been half a year since the last one.
Yeah there should be one soon, just want to take a look at a couple more things from the issues list first. Haven't had a whole lot of time to work on anything in the last few months.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Sounds good. Thanks.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Request:

When viewing sprites, to introduce a delay when pressing PageUp/PageDown continuously
instead of having to press said keys for each sprite one at a time, so that none will be skipped.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

So, I know Slade can open Dark Forces GOBs, but is there any way you can get the sprites from them somehow? Do I have to use an external program to properly convert? None of the ones on df-21.net seem to work.
Gez

Post by Gez »

See the comment at the top of this file. Sorry about that. Completely forgot about it, so never ended up fixing it.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Gez wrote:See the comment at the top of this file. Sorry about that. Completely forgot about it, so never ended up fixing it.
Ah, that's fine. Thank you for responding. :)
mty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mty »

Hey, I love your editor. Not only because it's the only one running on windows. Trying other ones was a disaster—after getting used to this only for a few weeks.

I would really love one fancy function: show degrees when drawing lines.

Like here, stolen from "mathisfun.com":
Implementing this myself is way over my head.

Keep up the good work.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”